Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Off-season Overhaul Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkb77

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: New Off-season Overhaul Mock Reply with quote

*(Cap room is -16.2m)*
Fire Remaining Coaches
Retain Ted Washington RB Coach,Duce Staley as Ast RB Coach

NEW HIRES
HC-Mike McCoy
(I personally wanted Chip Kelly, but with the market out there being what it is, I think McCoy is the best choice remaining. He has proven that he can adapt to the talent he has and get the most out of it, that all we can really ask for in a coach, think he will find a way to get the most out of this rosters talent and how to use it best)

OC-James Urban(Cin QB Coach;Former Eagles QB Coach\ast OC)
(He's our former QB coach who helped turn Vick around in 2010, he's done a great job with Dalton in Cinci, think him and McCoy would be a great combo to scheme our offense)

DC-Pepper Johnson(NE LB Coach)
(He's got 25 years experience in the NFL, he's a former Pro Bowl player, he's coached the DL in the mid 2000's for the Pats with Seymour,Wilkfork,& Warren and now has done a great Job with the Pats LB's. Think he's got a great career ahead of him, has big experience in working the Pat's D, which is a Hybrid 43\34, which is something I think we will look to run)

ST-Kevin Spencer(ARZ ST Coach)
(He's one of the best Special Teams Coaches in the NFL, Cards have had one of the Top STs for years under him, he would be a great upgrade for this team)

QB-Jeremy Bates(Bears QB Coach)
(Been In the league for a little while, he was the Bears QB Coach last year, he would be a nice fit with McCoy & urban to help bring Foles along)

WR-Charlie Baggett(UT WR Coach)
(Has a top of experience in the NFL and in College, he coached Wes Welker up earlier in his career, and has done a great Job with Tennessee's WR these past couple years)

OL-Tony Sparano
(We all know he didn't do that great in NY last year with the jets and wasn't great with the Dolphins as HC, but he was a very good OL coach with Dallas and has a ton of NFL experience, he would be a nice add to help along a 1st time HC in McCoy)

DL-Brick Haley(LSU DL Coach/former bears DL Coach)
(Was the Bears DL Coach a few years ago, he's done a great job with LSU these past couple years, he would be a very good add if we could get him)

LB-Gary Gibbs(KC LB Coach)
(Has decades of NFL Experience as a LB coach, he would be a great hire, could help out these young LB's and a 1st year DC in Johnson)

DB-Dlck Juron(Cle DC)
(Juron is the final addition,he's been CLE DC for the past two years, he's one of the best coaches of DB's in the NFL, him and Pepper Johnson together with Johnson handling front7 and Juron handling the back end would be a great combo. He also would do a great job of helping a 1st year HC adapt to the new role)

RESTRUCTURE CONTRACTS(-16.2 +4.3m=-11.9m cap)
Jason Peters(2yr 17m)8m in 2013(2.8m salary cut)
Cullen Jenkins(2yr 8m)4m in 2013(1.5m salary cut)

CUTS (2013\2014Current Cap=-11.9m +52.85m in cuts=40.95m under the cap)
*Jason Babin(4.4m)*(Already cut)
Mike Vick(17.9m)-(It's time for a change,wish mike the best of luck going foward)
Nnamdi Asomugha(11.3m)-(Wow this was terrible, time to cut ties with him)
Demetrius Bell(9.6m)-(Another terrible signing, he has to go)
Evan Mathis(4m)-(Mathis did a ok job this year, but at 4m and most likely a change in scheme, he's gone)
Mike Patterson(4.1m)(Pats has had a nice career here but at 4m & change of scheme,he's gone)
Matt Kopa(550k)(Who???, ya he's gone)
Dallas Reynolds(500k)(he sucked)
Ryan Rau(500k)(never did anything this year, i'd rather have the 500k than him on this squad)

TRADES(9.45m in salary trades=52.4m in cap room)
Trent Cole[/b[b]](5.35) to CAR for 2014 3rd
(He's been one of my favorite players on this team, but at 30 yearsa old, a high salary and a down year last year, I think it's time to move on and get what we can for him while he still has value, Rivera coached him years ago and Panthers could use someone opposite of Charles Johnson)

[b]Jason Avant(2.7m),Danny Watkins(2.2m) to KC for 6th,2014 7th (Andy goes to KC)[/b]
(Avant has been one of Andy's favorite players for a long time and with KC needing WR help this makes a ton of sense, and Andy did spend a 1st round pick on Watkins, and at 2.2m next year that's a little too much to pay for a back-up and we trade him for basically a 2014 7th)

Nate Allen(1.2m)to Miami 6th
(Nate hasn't worked out Miami needs saftey help, that take a shot on him for only a 6th)

RESIGN (After resign=41.25m under the cap)
DRC(5yr 40m)8m(He has too much talent,I still want him on this squad, if Pepper & Juron can get him to play up to his talent this will be a great re-signing)

Jake Scott(1yr 900k)(he did a decent job this year as our RG, it's a solid depth signing)
Akeem Jordan(2yr 1.5m)750k(he's a solid special teamer & back-up LB)
Colt Anderson(2yr 1m)500k(this is an easy resigning)
Jon Dorenbos(3yr 1.5m)500k(why not? DorenBOSS is the man)
Brandon Hughes(1yr 500k)500k(Hughes has shown flashes over the past few year, for 500k i'll give him another shot)

FA SIGNINGS (After Signings=7.1m under the cap)
Jake Long 6'7 319 27 OT(5yr 50m)10m
(He still fairly young at 27, I think he will return to Pro-Bowl form with a switch back to his natural Position of RT, him & Peters, both healthy could give us the best Tackle Combo in the League)

Jarius Byrd 5'10 204 26 FS(5yr 38m)7.5m (76tkl,5tfl,4ff,2fr,5int,6pb)
(Here's the guy that we Have to have. He is a playmaking FS who can help change and turn around the back end of this defense. He is a Must Sign for us)

Louis Delmas 5'11 202 25 S(5yr 30m)6m (8g 38tkl,3tfl,1int,2pb)
(Here's a guy who when heathly is a great player, he still has a ton of untapped potential and has proven to be very good safety, him and Byrd could help turn around this entire D, and I don't see detriot being able to give him over 6m with their cap situation)

Terrence Knighton 6'3 330 26 NT(4yr 20m)5m (32tkl,4tfl,2sack,2ff,1pb)
(Pot Roast played at Temple in college, is a talented run stuffing NT\DT. He would be the perfect player to put next to Cox inside)

Tracy Porter 5'11 186 27 CB(1yr 3m)3m (5g 21tkl,2tfl,1int,6pb,1td)
(Here's a guy that I've been a fan of all the way back to his days at Indiana. He's a playmaking CB. But has a huge injury cercern and has never been able to stay healthy all year outside of 1 season. But when he's on the field he makes plays. Remember the Super Bowl vs the Colts? I think this is one of those lower risk, high reward type signing that could really pay off)

Matt Cassel 6'4 230 30 QB(1yr 1m)1m (9g 161\277 58.1cmp% 1796yd 6td 12int,27car 145yd 1td)
(He was really bad last year in KC, but for only 1m, he's a QB with talent and experience who could be a decent back up)

Brad Meester 6'3 305 32 C(2yr 2m)1m
(He's always been a boarderline starter, he's not good enough to be a starter on a good team, but a great back-up. Think he would be a real nice depth addition and can help Kelce with his experience)

Kaseem Osgood 6'5 220 33 WR\ST(2yr 1.4m)700k
(He's one of the best Speical Teamers in the NFL, we really need ST help, he would be a quality depth signing)

DRAFT
Trade 1st(4) to SD for 1st(11),2nd(45),3rd(76)(SD takes Joeckel)

1(15).Jarvis Jones Georgia 6'3 243 Jr OLB

Jarvis Jones Georgia 6'3 243 Jr OLB
+ athletic,explosive,quick hands,motor,stats,awareness,dip,spin,sure tackler
-spinal condition,lacks strength at POA,angles,can overpursue,swim\rip
NFL Comp: Von Miller
2012(12g 85tkl,24.5tfl,14.5sack,7ff,1int,3pb,20hurries)
Career(34g 168tkl,45.5tfl,28sack,9ff,1int,5pb,46hurries)

Trade 2nd(45),3rd(66),4th,6th to IND for 1st(24)

1(24).Justin Hunter Tennessee 6'4 200 Jr WR

Justin Hunter Tennessee 6'4 200 Jr WR
+size,hands,physcial,works the slot\strong across the middle,good route runner,redzone
-knee injury,good not great speed
NFL Comp=Sidney Rice
2012(12g 73rec 1083yds 9td;Redzone=5g 6rec 85yds 4td)
Career(16g 106rec 1822yds 18td;Redzone=7g 8rec 108yds 6td)

2(35).Jonathan Cooper UNC 6'3 310 Sr G

3(76).Jordan Reed Florida 6'3 243 Jr TE

Jordan Reed Florida 6'3 243 Jr TE
NFL Comp=Aaron Hernandez
2012(13g 45rec 559yds 3td)
Career(36g 79rec 945yds 6td,77car 328yds 5td,26\46 56.5cmp% 252yds 3td,1int)

5.Kyle Long Oregon 6'7 311 Sr OT
[img]http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/500/675/KyleLongmediadayMcNamaraUO_display_image.jpg?1344817137[/img]

6.Travis Kelce Cinci 6'6 260 Sr TE

Travis Kelce Cinci 6'6 260 Sr TE
2012(13g 45rec 722yds 8td,1pass td)
Career(35g 59rec 875yds 10td,8car 47yds 2td,1pass td)

6.Jamar Taylor Boise st 5'11 196 Sr CB

Jamar Taylor Boise st 5'11 196 Sr CB
2012(13g 51tkl,3.5tfl,2.5sack,3ff,4int,9pb)
Career(45g 126tkl,8tfl,4sack,6ff,6int,18pb,1td)

6.Meshak Williams KSU 6'3 245 Sr DE\SLB

Meshak Williams KSU 6'3 245 Sr DE\SLB
2012(13g 45tkl,15.5tfl,10.5sack,3ff,4pb,1blk)
Career(26g 73tkl,25.5tfl,17.5sack,4ff,4pb,1blk)

7.Ray Ray Armstrong Miami 6'4 215 Sr SS

Ray Ray Armstrong Miami 6'4 215 Sr SS
+Size,Speed,Big Hitter,solid vs run,can cover TE in Man
-zone coverage\instints,poor footwork,bits on play fake,miss open tackles,hands;Missed 2012
NFL Comp:Best Case- Kam Chancellor\Worst Case- Taylor Mays
2011(7g 34tkl,0.5tfl,1int,2pb)
Carrer(30g 134tkl,5tfl,4int,6pb,1td)

Props to Kiltman on the Sig
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you trade a player you pay them their signing bonus at that time. So trent cole we actually lose a million in cap.

5.35 million base removed 6.4 million bonus paid.

Watkins we break even. His cap hit for next year and bonus due are similar.

Avant we save 1.3 million

Allen plus .6

So really cap savings for those moves is .8 million instead of 9 million.
bkb77

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
When you trade a player you pay them their signing bonus at that time. So trent cole we actually lose a million in cap.

Allen plus .6

Damn that sucks, that just meesed up my entire cap Laughing

ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkb77 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Allen plus .6

Damn that sucks, that just meesed up my entire cap Laughing

We do have 22 million dollars from this season we can move forward.
TRUTH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way Jauron is going to be a DB coach, he's done the best job as a defense of coordinator in the last two years IMO. He has created a top 10 defense from a bunch of nobodies essentially.
bkb77

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRUTH wrote:
There is no way Jauron is going to be a DB coach, he's done the best job as a defense of coordinator in the last two years IMO. He has created a top 10 defense from a bunch of nobodies essentially.

He would be ast HC.

RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut Mathis Laughing

It's unrealistic with all the FA's. Trading back seems like a dream, but I doubt it happens.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you have us cutting Mathis? Our best lineman? Makes no sense...
bkb77

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:

He's overrated, he is not that good of a pass blocker, hes in his 30s due 4m, & is a scheme fit guy. He's a mudd scheme guy, and honestly Jonathan Cooper is an upgrade, that kid is gonna be an ALL PRO. At 4m next year and his age & scheme switch, it make sense to move on from Mathis

RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkb77 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:

He's overrated, he is not that good of a pass blocker, hes in his 30s due 4m, & is a scheme fit guy. He's a mudd scheme guy, and honestly Jonathan Cooper is an upgrade, that kid is gonna be an ALL PRO. At 4m next year and his age & scheme switch, it make sense to move on from Mathis

d'oh!

How many sacks have he given up these past 2 seasons? Is it 1 or something like that?

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
bkb77

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
bkb77 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:

d'oh!

How many sacks have he given up these past 2 seasons? Is it 1 or something like that?

Thats an overrated stat, I realize you prolly don't get to see all of the games living in europe but if you actually watch the film you will see him getting beat every game & Vick getting hit as he gets rid of the ball. Now that not a sack given up but it mine as well be.

RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because you see every snap? Heck you re watch every snap and focuses on Mathis?

Why would Miami trade for Nate Allen? They already got Reshad Jones.

oland11

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would a mixture of Long, Delmas and Byrd three of the top FAs as of right now not cost so much money? Think
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can disagree with Stats, but Evan Mathis was the only foundation we had on our line last year. Will he be here for another 5 years? No. Is he better then any other option next year? Absolutely. Keep him.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mathis is incredibly overrated on here. However, cutting him is really stupid. We don't have a viable replacement, he is decent, and we still have to pay him whether we cut him or not.

Your cap figures are all off. You never included the 22million or so cap roll over we get.

Jake Long will get more money, IMO. And I'm tired of seeing these delusional mocks where we sign a ton of high profile free agents....NO WAY we sign Long, Byrd, Delmas, AND Knighton. That's way too optimistic. I realize there is a cap floor, but I'd prefer to sign two great players then low risk, depth signings the rest of the way.

I love Byrd...but don't like Delmas. He's got Bob Sanders-syndrome. Can't stay healthy. And I don't see us signing TWO high profile safeties. Plus Detroits secondary is a mess so I don't see them letting him go.

I'd literally rather sign Bruce Gradkowski than Matt freaking Cassel. No thank you.

Draft is OK. I like Hunter, but I don';t like giving away picks to get him when this WR class is very deep and guys like Hopkins, Rogers, and Patton can be had in the 2nd if we just stay put. Dumb to trade up to take him.

Also you think McCoy comes in here and the only QB he gets is Matt Cassel? Keep dreaming. Coaches aren't just gonna be complacent with a 2nd year 3rd round QB they had no part in drafting. Even if he showed a little promise last year. It is NOT enough to just earn him the starting spot automatically. And bringing in Cassel doesn't help.

Like Johnathan Cooper, Jordan Reed, Travis Kelce, and Kyle Long.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: