Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Timmons sets record

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Timmons sets record Reply with quote

Quote:
Lawrence Timmons accomplished something that has never been done in Steelers history. He is the first inside linebacker to lead the team in sacks since the Steelers began keeping the statistic in 1972. - Ed Bouchette

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
BenMadeOfSteel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that he led the team in sacks is more due to the poor pass rush than anything. But still, congratulations to Timmons! He was, with Clark, our best Defensive player this year!
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenMadeOfSteel wrote:
The fact that he led the team in sacks is more due to the poor pass rush than anything. But still, congratulations to Timmons! He was, with Clark, our best Defensive player this year!

agreed on all points

I called him out after his poor 2011 season. He responded, due 100% as a result of me calling him out (of course)

His 2012 season was as good, if not better, than his 2010 season, except this time he started poorly and finished strong, whereas in 2010 it was the other way around
3rivers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
BenMadeOfSteel wrote:

agreed on all points

I called him out after his poor 2011 season. He responded, due 100% as a result of me calling him out (of course)

His 2012 season was as good, if not better, than his 2010 season, except this time he started poorly and finished strong, whereas in 2010 it was the other way around

Don't forget me ragging him out early on this year ('Laughing') but he turned it around and had a fine season. Woodley on the other hand was a disappointment all year, the letdown of the year. Good to see 94 playing well, one of the few high priced players that actually earned his pay (for most of the year) .

Keth, start criticizing the rest of the team if they are reading your comments and reacting (R&R?) . This team had too many players just not deliver. 92 was getting his game back as the season went on, too bad they will probably release him Sad
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
BenMadeOfSteel wrote:

agreed on all points

Agreed with that...and most of Timmons sacks came when he got a pretty clear shot.

But aside from the first 3 games, he was a top 3 ILB in this league. Even when he wasnt making plays directly, he was always around them.

Hopefully, we keep him at ILB and stop moving him around. IMO, thats why he never got into rhythm last year. I blame the coaches for his struggles last year more than Timmons himself.

Timmons is in no way a 34 OLB. Keep him at ILB, even that means Worlids starting at OLB. Id rather having one great ILB and a crap OLB than have Timmons playing below average OLB and someone else playing ILB not nearly as well.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timmons was great this season, even though his stats are a tad inflated from the last game. But he was great all year and his down year last year was contributed to his being moved around way to much.

If the Steelers can find a true stack and shed ILB then Timmons will be that much better.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

Timmons is in no way a 34 OLB. Keep him at ILB, even that means Worlids starting at OLB. Id rather having one great ILB and a crap OLB than have Timmons playing below average OLB and someone else playing ILB not nearly as well.

100% agreed.
stefan52268

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timmons had a great season better than 2010 IMO. With that said hopefully 2011 was a fluke.

I agree keep him on the inside.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always been a big fan of his, even last year. I knew he had a down year last year because of injuries to other LB's and they were moving him around a lot.

IMO he's just hitting his prime and will be even better next year, especially if they get a true run stuffer next to him.

There are a few guys in the draft worth taking in the first three rounds that'd do the job. I like Larry Grant through FA but I don't remember him being a great run stuffer, he'd probably be similar to Timmons.

If they can't draft Te'o, keep your eye out for Nico Johnson in the mid rounds. I think he could start year one and be a two down, but not three down ILB. On 3rd downs they could take him off and bring in an extra DB or a speedier ILB like Sean Spence or if Brian Rolle makes the team he could do as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

100% agreed.

I knew Timmons would be back to himself after a few games this season, but this kid kept derailing him all of last year and the first few weeks of this year. Wink
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
Timmons had a great season better than 2010 IMO. With that said hopefully 2011 was a fluke.

I agree keep him on the inside.
definitely, he's found a home at wilb in the 3-4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: