Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns hire Chud
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zithers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chip kelly 2014 is right

as for this season, if norv is out of the question... al saunders? john ramsdell? charlie joiner? hue jackson? ken zampese?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norv's son will prob goto Cleveland and well as Derek Anderson and maybe scout Ken Dorsey.

Thanks CK
boondock

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carolina_Champ wrote:
If I'm Norv Turner, I'm doing whatever it takes to get Chud's old position not packing my bags for Cleveland.

I can't see Norv waiting in the shadows of one of his former coordinators. I could just imagine them butting heads. I expect Norv's son, Scott to be their OC.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnydtarheel wrote:
Norv's son will prob goto Cleveland and well as Derek Anderson and maybe scout Ken Dorsey.

You're right about the possibility of Norv's son coming to Cleveland, and Dorsey might very well end up scouting for us, but I'm pretty confident that DA wouldn't want to make a return to the North Coast.

There is a sort of "mutual disdain" lingering around the stadium.

"We really liked Chud." So did we Jimmy. You better be right about this one. TANKED STRONG Props to DaBoyle250 for the Sig! TEAM STYLISH
HighPointNCKid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucketheadsdad wrote:
johnydtarheel wrote:

You're right about the possibility of Norv's son coming to Cleveland, and Dorsey might very well end up scouting for us, but I'm pretty confident that DA wouldn't want to make a return to the North Coast.

I for one share that disdain for Derek Anderson! I loved it when, during a press conference, a reporter called him out when he was the QB for Arizona, remember him laughing on the sideline during a game when they were getting blown out? DA is awful and a joke of a QB. It is pathetic that he is on an NFL roster, let alone on my Carolina Panther's roster!
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighPointNCKid wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:
johnydtarheel wrote:

I for one share that disdain for Derek Anderson! I loved it when, during a press conference, a reporter called him out when he was the QB for Arizona, remember him laughing on the sideline during a game when they were getting blown out? DA is awful and a joke of a QB. It is pathetic that he is on an NFL roster, let alone on my Carolina Panther's roster!

could be worse, jimmy clausen could be on our roster, oh wait...

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighPointNCKid wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:
johnydtarheel wrote:

He's a very good backup QB but we want have the money to resign him.

Thanks CK
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnydtarheel wrote:

is that what Ken Dorsey's up to? God watching him play QB was terrifying.
boondock

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
johnydtarheel wrote:

Couldn't imagine what you would say if you saw Jimmy Clausen playing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
johnydtarheel wrote:

Couldn't imagine what you would say if you saw Jimmy Clausen playing.

There are a million players I have been wrong about. Jimmy Clausen is my banner example of when I was right.

Clausen > Dorsey unfortunately. In his four games in Cleveland in 2008 he went:

43/91, 370 yards, a long of 28 yards, 0 touchdowns, 7 interceptions.

He had three interceptions against Cincinnati, despite only throwing 17 passes. That is mindnumbingly awful.
Moody

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key move here is to get someone with experience being an OC.
Carolina_Champ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little worried Rivera might promote Shula to OC.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
rjkilla wrote:
marschmellow wrote:
Man I am bummed about this. I know everyone will be happy to see him go, but who do we replace him with? Realistically, somebody worse. And now Cam will have to learn an offense that's at least somewhat different.

This sucks.

We'll bring in someone with a similar style and all cam will have to do is learn how to handoff from under center. Ultimately this is a good thing. Too muchof his offense was gimmick college cutesy crap that put us in 3rd and long

Thats because we had to dumb down our offense to make it easier for Cam to follow

Not sure if you're joking, but that's not true and a popular misconception.

When Chud and Rivera said "we're taking stuff off his plate and simplifying things", they were referring to the Read Option.

Why? Because when Cam focused (and Chud ran much more read option in the first half), Cam had to be the decision maker for both the run and the pass (as well as a frequent participant for either). Plus, he either had to take more hits, and/or make sure he avoided the defender on hand offs. In addition, the extra motion with the Wide receivers (and delayed hand off), were throwing the Off linemen out of kilter, especially when injuries took their toll to a depleted line.

Cam was actually more of a pocket and drop back passer, after Hurney got fired and Chud and Rivera reduced the read option, the second half of the season.

So from a passing, drop back stand point, Cam's responsibility actually increased (multiple reads from the pocket). He just didn't have to be a decision maker for the running back as well, along with the extra pounding. That's what was "taken off his plate".

What Chud and Rivera described, was actually their polite/silent way of saying 'The Read Option Sucked, and we won't be using it as much (as Rivera admitted to Albert Greer of NFL.com about a month ago)'
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnotherFBallFan wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
rjkilla wrote:
marschmellow wrote:
Man I am bummed about this. I know everyone will be happy to see him go, but who do we replace him with? Realistically, somebody worse. And now Cam will have to learn an offense that's at least somewhat different.

This sucks.

We'll bring in someone with a similar style and all cam will have to do is learn how to handoff from under center. Ultimately this is a good thing. Too muchof his offense was gimmick college cutesy crap that put us in 3rd and long

Thats because we had to dumb down our offense to make it easier for Cam to follow

When Chud and Rivera said "we're taking stuff off his plate and simplifying things", they were referring to the Read Option.

Why? Because when Cam focused (and Chud ran much more read option in the first half), Cam had to be the decision maker for both the run and the pass (as well as a frequent participant for either). Plus, he either had to take more hits, and/or make sure he avoided the defender on hand offs. In addition, the extra motion with the Wide receivers (and delayed hand off), were throwing the Off linemen out of kilter, especially when injuries took their toll to a depleted line.

Cam was actually more of a pocket and drop back passer, after Hurney got fired and Chud and Rivera reduced the read option, the second half of the season.

So from a passing, drop back stand point, Cam's responsibility actually increased (multiple reads from the pocket). He just didn't have to be a decision maker for the running back as well, along with the extra pounding. That's what was "taken off his plate".

What Chud and Rivera described, was actually their polite/silent way of saying 'The Read Option Sucked, and we won't be using it as much (as Rivera admitted to Albert Greer of NFL.com about a month ago)'

When has the read option ever worked in the NFL? Laughing

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
AnotherFBallFan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
AnotherFBallFan wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
rjkilla wrote:
marschmellow wrote:

This sucks.

When has the read option ever worked in the NFL? Laughing

Once again, not sure if you're joking or not. Very Happy

The read option can work in limited amounts (as Chud did in Cam's rookie season). However when used in large doses (as it was in early 2012), it becomes predictable. This is especially true the way the Panthers run it out of the shot gun, making it easy to spot.

The Redskins use of it, is much more deceptive, as it's run out of their pistol, and their various motion offenses and play action, like a veritable Three Card Monty game.

Nonetheless, this is why both Chud and Rivera were absolute idiots, going away from what worked in 2011 (mostly pro, conventional, 2 TE sets, less Read Option), trying to reinvent the wheel, and having it blow up in their face. So in many respects, many are glad Chud is gone, and look forward to a new, competent, less Mad Scientist-like Offensive Coordinator.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: