Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Best combination of 1-2 punch HC & QB?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BocaRatonBrown1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Best combination of 1-2 punch HC & QB? Reply with quote

Kyle Shanahan

&

Geno Smith

or

Matt Barkley

&

Ken Wisenhunt
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

choice C. None of the above

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Whisenhunt is garbage personally. Hate seeing we just brought him in for a 2nd interview
BocaRatonBrown1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would consider Rob Ryan for on a 1 year contract as HC with DC play calling only....

Any up for some Rob Ryan?

I could use some RNR lulz
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BocaRatonBrown1 wrote:
I would consider Rob Ryan for on a 1 year contract as HC with DC play calling only....

please tell me your joking.....

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Conquest8089

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staff 1:
HC: Mike McCoy
OC: Jeff Davidson
DC: Sal Sunseri

Staff 2:
HC: Ken Whisenhunt
OC: Mike Mularkey
DC: Clancy Pendergast

Implies switch to 3-4
buno67

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
BocaRatonBrown1 wrote:

please tell me your joking.....

yes please tell me your joking?

Rob Ryan is an awful coach. He sucked in Cleveland and sucked more in Dallas with more defensive talent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I just decided. Right now I want Kyle Shanahan with the existing coaching staff or Josh McDaniels.

I like Geno Smith at #6 or Barkley trading down.

Barkley was nearly a #1 top pick 2013 lock 2011 when he was putting up good numbers.

I think his 2012 season is very typical of NFL QB's he lost his LT a very good one at that Matt Kalil.

This is very reminiscent of the year Matt Stafford went #1 with a mediocre final season. Barkley is more accurate, slightly less arm strength,

Ya we may have messed up with Weeden. If we don't go crazy in the drafts & FA market to support him he wont make it with out significant improvement in camp all the way through pre-season & into the 1st 8 games.

These guys are not Luck & RG3 coming out <Manning JR & John Elway> but more like top 10-20 range ceilings for QBs. I would say Barkley is just as good as Matt Ryan coming out.

Geno Smith would look in Brown & Orange

Let Brandon start the season?

Seriously if we don't get Moore or Milliner I would seriously want us to take either QB pending a individual meeting.

Or trade down is a 100% must.
pmk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Barkley is Colt McCoy with slightly better zip and playing in a pro style offense. Do not want. He'll be worse than Leinart & Sanchez at the next level. Every time I watched USC the last two years I came away very impressed with Lee & Woods, Barkley should be thanking those two guys for developing his draft stock into what it is.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pmk wrote:
^Barkley is Colt McCoy with slightly better zip and playing in a pro style offense. Do not want. He'll be worse than Leinart & Sanchez at the next level. Every time I watched USC the last two years I came away very impressed with Lee & Woods, Barkley should be thanking those two guys for developing his draft stock into what it is.

I am higher on Geno Smith. He will need 3 full years. Weeden is going to need 3 full years & be able to get into year 4 as the starter he will be 34 at end of his rookie contract.

I would like us to get another feature half back & pound it on the ground alittle more. Reggie Bush or maybe a guy like DeAngelo Williams could be available.

Like I said it is just like Matt Stafford I tell ya Barkley has just as good of a shot as anyone else. Stafford had Momass & AJ Green....

very similar

Colt with more ZIP more talent & better coach = 5-10 rank QB....
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BocaRatonBrown1 wrote:
pmk wrote:

I am higher on Geno Smith. He will need 3 full years. Weeden is going to need 3 full years & be able to get into year 4 as the starter he will be 34 at end of his rookie contract.

I would like us to get another feature half back & pound it on the ground alittle more. Reggie Bush or maybe a guy like DeAngelo Williams could be available.

Like I said it is just like Matt Stafford I tell ya Barkley has just as good of a shot as anyone else. Stafford had Momass & AJ Green....

very similar

Colt with more ZIP more talent & better coach = 5-10 rank QB....

Ummm no Colt with slightly more zip, more talent and a better coach = 5-11 record and a 30s ranked QB.
homerun21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barkley is becoming incredibly underrated. 4 years of starting experience. Led USC through a very tumultuous stretch. Played with an atrocious offensive line this season. Doesn't have a rocket arm but it's above average. The poise/accuracy and pocket presence is why I like him. That and he's battle tested.
wukusimw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with homerun. He shows some great moves in the pocket and throws under pressure along with an array of deep, accurate passes. Looking at his trends any time he threw more than 40 throws he was in trouble. Thats when the pressure would start to get to him and he would make mistakes. However, throwing 30-40 times he maintained great accuracy.

Does he make some mistakes he shouldn't make given his pedigree? Definitely, but he also made a ton of plays.

All that being said, might be my 3rd QB behind Wilson although I can't really decide on any of them.
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chud and Weeden... I win!
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
Chud and Weeden... I win!

Yep, I think this is a great fit and would look for Weeden to have a pretty good year. IF we don't switch to a 3-4 I would look to draft Glennon in the 1st. Think that would be a great fit too. Let him sit for a few years.

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: