Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BREAKING NEWS : Rob Chudzinski Named Head Coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:

I agree (whats happening today???)

Jackson needs to play a true Will inside, like navaro bowman. We finally have a true mike in Gocong or JMJ, which Jackson has never had. That alone would make a huge difference.
Agreed. On paper, and we all know what that's worth, I think a 3-4 D next year with our current players would be every bit as talented, and possibly more talented, than the 2008 Browns were in the front 7.

I also think if we move to a 3-4 we will probably add at least 1 more front 7 starter, whether that is via draft or FA.
2013: 36 Tackles - 5.5 Sacks -1 FF - 1 FR - 4 PD -2 STF
brownsfan2009

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tully305 wrote:
With Chud's vertical offense philosophy being implemented, does this put the browns in the market for a premier WR to pair with Gordon? Cuz I'm not impressed with Little.

Greg Jennings or Mike Wallace?
If we're going back to a similar offense to 07 then I think Greg Little can fit in a similar role to Winslow, running the intermediate routes.
Entropy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
remember that we missed Haden for 4 and Taylor for 8. Also were without Gocong and had much rookie play.

The defense is very promising, that's why I don't want to get away from it.

Injuries happen to every team.

PIT had both Harrison and Palomalu out and still ranked 1st on total defense.

Good point about the Steelers.

NT- Hampton, 19th overall pick and started as a rookie on a 3-4 defense that was already established and pretty damn good, talented, and experienced dating back to Chuck Noll.

DE- Keisel, was not a full time starter until his 4th season...replaced Von Oelhoffen at DE a few years after he was replaced by Hampton...don't forget that the Steelers used a 1st round pick on his (or Smith's) potential replacement in 2009 (Hood, who never started regularly his first few years since he wasn't good enough)

Aaron Smith, didn't start many games his first season since they already had Orpheus Roye.

The Steelers never threw inexperienced guys in there to play the 3 man line.

Now, those guys are the engine that makes the 4 LBs go...

Who do we have that's even going to "go" if, by some miracle, we stick 3 guys in there and they do play great instantly?

Have we been replacing talent like Hardy Nickerson and Greg Lloyd for the past 20 years?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Souljah approves.

Quote:
Kellen Winslow Jr. ‏@KellenWinslowJr
Big congrats to Chudzinski! He's the best offensive mind I've been around.

https://twitter.com/KellenWinslowJr/status/289596939564093440

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if he looks to bring Winslow back as just a receiving TE like Evan Moore was. Would be worth a shot. If he can make it through camp
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flylow wrote:
Hello Browns fans. I like to post a potential coaching staff that I think might happen since the Browns have finally hired a HC. I'll explain why I think this happens as I go on, and to get the obvious out of the way. No I'm not a Browns/Panthers fan, so I have no bias in this. Just a bored, random, Titans fan.

HC - Rob Chudzinski

OC - Norv Turner - Him and Chud has history of working together and are good friends. Norv's son and Chud also have a working history.

QB Coach - Scott Turner - Norv's son and has been working with Chud for the past 2 seasons. I think the plan will be for Norv to mentor Scott to become the OC in a few years, when Norv retires or leaves for another HC job.

With the speculation of the Browns going with the 3-4 Defense, I think Chud will continue to look at his San Diego/Norv Turner ties and try to get another former coaching buddy.

DC - John Pagano - Brother of Colt's HC Chuck. Was hired, by the Chargers, the same year as Chud (2005) as Linebacker coach. He stayed with the Chargers, once Norv became HC, and was promoted to their DC, last year. Their relationship goes all the way back to Chud's time at Miami University. (I know Chud and Chunk were on the Hurricanes staff in the 90s, not sure about John. I assume he was though at some point.)

So that's my predictions for the new Browns coaching staff. Enjoy! Again, I'm just a bored Titans fan and thought I would share with Browns fans. IMO, Chud will be a great HC and could lead the Browns back to their glory days!

You're not getting Pags. He's effectively being force-fed as a DC (not that that's an awful thing, but it's what our ownership seems intent on doing) to whoever the new HC is.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Flylow wrote:
Hello Browns fans. I like to post a potential coaching staff that I think might happen since the Browns have finally hired a HC. I'll explain why I think this happens as I go on, and to get the obvious out of the way. No I'm not a Browns/Panthers fan, so I have no bias in this. Just a bored, random, Titans fan.

HC - Rob Chudzinski

OC - Norv Turner - Him and Chud has history of working together and are good friends. Norv's son and Chud also have a working history.

QB Coach - Scott Turner - Norv's son and has been working with Chud for the past 2 seasons. I think the plan will be for Norv to mentor Scott to become the OC in a few years, when Norv retires or leaves for another HC job.

With the speculation of the Browns going with the 3-4 Defense, I think Chud will continue to look at his San Diego/Norv Turner ties and try to get another former coaching buddy.

DC - John Pagano - Brother of Colt's HC Chuck. Was hired, by the Chargers, the same year as Chud (2005) as Linebacker coach. He stayed with the Chargers, once Norv became HC, and was promoted to their DC, last year. Their relationship goes all the way back to Chud's time at Miami University. (I know Chud and Chunk were on the Hurricanes staff in the 90s, not sure about John. I assume he was though at some point.)

So that's my predictions for the new Browns coaching staff. Enjoy! Again, I'm just a bored Titans fan and thought I would share with Browns fans. IMO, Chud will be a great HC and could lead the Browns back to their glory days!

You're not getting Pags. He's effectively being force-fed as a DC (not that that's an awful thing, but it's what our ownership seems intent on doing) to whoever the new HC is.

That guy's not even a Browns fan. He's a Titans fan. Quit being a Buzz Killington.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

homerun21 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
Flylow wrote:

HC - Rob Chudzinski

That guy's not even a Browns fan. He's a Titans fan. Quit being a Buzz Killington.

Nothing about being Buzz Killington, it's about being realistic. Pagano's under contract and can't interview for lateral hires without permission from the team. And every indication from the Chargers front office so far is that retaining Pagano as the DC is a primary objective.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
bulldog wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
remember that we missed Haden for 4 and Taylor for 8. Also were without Gocong and had much rookie play.

Well that is because that defense is full of great defenders.

Defenders who were scouted, drafted and signed to play in LeBeau's zone-blitzing 3-4.

Not defenders who were scouted, drafted and signed to play in Jauron's base 4-3 then made to switch to a 3-4 two or three years later.

The transition would not be nearly as seamless as some on here are implying.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bulldog wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

Defenders who were scouted, drafted and signed to play in LeBeau's zone-blitzing 3-4.

Not defenders who were scouted, drafted and signed to play in Jauron's base 4-3 then made to switch to a 3-4 two or three years later.

Completely agree

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
JCBrowns21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bulldog wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

Completely agree

It wouldn't be nearly as difficult either. Our defense is not currently and has not been a top defense, period. Yes there are pieces, but nothing that prohibits us from switching to a 34. Our LBs are all replaceable outside of DQ and even he isn't THAT great in any system. When he can hits someone for a TFL or cause disruption then I'll care. He's no Lewis, Urlacher, Willis, etc.

Last edited by JCBrowns21 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
buno67

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
I wonder if he looks to bring Winslow back as just a receiving TE like Evan Moore was. Would be worth a shot. If he can make it through camp

actually I would love to bring him back to Cleveland!
Its worth a risk, if he doesnt pan out cut. low rish high reward. He knows the system so he could make the team, if not he can help Cameron out and other youngbloods

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCBrowns21 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bulldog wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

Completely agree

It wouldn't be nearly as difficult either. Our defense is not currently and has not been a top defense, period. Yes there are pieces, but nothing that prohibits us to staying in a 43. Our LBs are all replaceable outside of DQ and even he isn't THAT great in any system. When he can hits someone for a TFL or cause disruption then I'll care. He's no Lewis, Urlacher, Willis, etc.

You can't "He's no Lewis, Urlacher, Willis, etc." like the list goes on. DQ is a step down from those guys when they were in their prime, but so is everyone else. I think you'd have a better argument for DQ being the 4th best last year than the 4th from the bottom. Yeah, he doesn't overpursue and get a lot of tackles at the line or behind the line, but he is a pretty sure tackler who gets guys before they hit the secondary and torch us. When he does miss, which isn't that often, the play usually goes for big distance.

Anyway, he was our only legit LB last season, I don't think Sheard can convert, so we'd need to make a lot of transactions and get them ready to play if we switch to the 3-4.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switching to a 3-4 would give this defense a step in the wrong direction. We're a DE, CB, and FS away from having a top 43 defense now. Those problems would still exist switching to a 3-4, but so would all the question marks about existing players transitioning. Can Taylor and Winn play 34 end? Can Jabaal play OLB? Who's going to play inside backer? Just seems like it would be a bad move. I'll support the decision if they make the switch but I won't be too optimistic.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleBrowns07 wrote:
Switching to a 3-4 would give this defense a step in the wrong direction. We're a DE, CB, and FS away from having a top 43 defense now. Those problems would still exist switching to a 3-4, but so would all the question marks about existing players transitioning. Can Taylor and Winn play 34 end? Can Jabaal play OLB? Who's going to play inside backer? Just seems like it would be a bad move. I'll support the decision if they make the switch but I won't be too optimistic.

Agree and with the cap space and top ten pick we can get quality starters at all of those spots.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26

Jump to: