Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Coughdogg's pre combine outside the box mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
Its okay, I dont think Chase Thomas will be there in the 3rd. I'd rather try and get Dion Jordan at 20 if possible, Yankey isnt a bad pick though. Not too big on Tony Jefferson, I'd rather try and get Matt Elam or a TE like Eifert or Ertz.

i hear you and i was debating about picking up a te through the draft or fa. i dont think our offense needs a big time TE plus i think ausberry is good. i also wouldnt mind using reece as a te sometimes.

dion imo is to much of a project for a first rounder

i think tony has more awareness that elam and more upside. i like elam tho.

Good at what? He couldn't beat out Myers for reps this year. Struggles as a blocker still. He's at best a ST player.

Pryor starting at least guarantees the Raiders are getting Clowney next year, so that's a positive I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
Its okay, I dont think Chase Thomas will be there in the 3rd. I'd rather try and get Dion Jordan at 20 if possible, Yankey isnt a bad pick though. Not too big on Tony Jefferson, I'd rather try and get Matt Elam or a TE like Eifert or Ertz.

i hear you and i was debating about picking up a te through the draft or fa. i dont think our offense needs a big time TE plus i think ausberry is good. i also wouldnt mind using reece as a te sometimes.

Good at what? He couldn't beat out Myers for reps this year. Struggles as a blocker still. He's at best a ST player.

Pryor starting at least guarantees the Raiders are getting Clowney next year, so that's a positive I guess.
Ausberry was really underutilized this year. Hard to judge either way imo. Can't really complain because Myers was producing, but it would have been good to see Ausberry get in there more. He was usually good for one good play a game when he got his chances. A big, athletic body like that surely could have contributed in some way in the redzone. Especially with all our woes. Just saying it would have been nice to get him more chances to see what he really could do. Which means that, yes, him starting gives me some agida. But I can't say for sure it would end badly. For all we know, he could have had a great year in that system too.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:

Ausberry was really underutilized this year. Hard to judge either way imo. Can't really complain because Myers was producing, but it would have been good to see Ausberry get in there more. He was usually good for one good play a game when he got his chances. A big, athletic body like that surely could have contributed in some way in the redzone. Especially with all our woes. Just saying it would have been nice to get him more chances to see what he really could do. Which means that, yes, him starting gives me some agida. But I can't say for sure it would end badly. For all we know, he could have had a great year in that system too.

I'll agree with that. And in Knapp's TE friendly offense, I'd have liked to seen more.

I just think it's premature to call him 'good' and not consider taking a TE who actually IS good in the draft.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:

I'll agree with that. And in Knapp's TE friendly offense, I'd have liked to seen more.

I just think it's premature to call him 'good' and not consider taking a TE who actually IS good in the draft.

Eh. I don't want to draft a TE. But I get what you're saying. I think Cough meant he thinks Ausberry could be good if given the chance rather than is good right now.

It really is amazing how stupid Knapp was though -- his scheme works wonders for TEs and yet Myers and the others largely disappeared in the redzone. Where we really struggled. Seriously, Myers with all his catches and even Miller back in the day didn't get nearly enough TDs for how prominent their roles are/were in his offense. Ausberry could have potentially been lethal when Myers got his concussion or when the green WRs llie Moore were screwing up and our offense was staggering.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Again with this??? Because starting Palmer doesnt? You guys act as though Palmer is a huge winner..what has he done in his lengthy career? He's had some decent season, one or two great seasons, but hasn't won a playoff game.

It's easy to make excuses for the guy about the teams around him, but after being in the league for 10 plus years and still no post season wins, maybe its just not the teams around him.
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is his playoff performance in 2009 18/36 for 146 yards a TD an int....it wasn't his fault though, the line sucked and the running game struggled, right?

He has played in two post season games in his entire career...he is not a winner in the NFL, he is a solid QB, nothing more.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

Again with this??? Because starting Palmer doesnt? You guys act as though Palmer is a huge winner..what has he done in his lengthy career? He's had some decent season, one or two great seasons, but hasn't won a playoff game.

It's easy to make excuses for the guy about the teams around him, but after being in the league for 10 plus years and still no post season wins, maybe its just not the teams around him.

To be clear, I don't think Palmer is the answer either. The Raiders need a new QBOTF type. Palmer gives the Raiders the best chance to win games short term, but is not a long term solution.

Pryor is not a long term solution either.

The next great Raider QB and the one who will lead them to the playoffs and beyond is NOT on the roster. The sooner they peg that guy, they sooner the Raiders will grow as a team. This is a QB league and the Raiders QBs are average to below average top to bottom.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
Here is his playoff performance in 2009 18/36 for 146 yards a TD an int....it wasn't his fault though, the line sucked and the running game struggled, right?

He has played in two post season games in his entire career...he is not a winner in the NFL, he is a solid QB, nothing more.

Keep up the award winning work. I'm not pumping Palmer, so this is all irrelevant to me.

But all take a 'solid' (as you call him) Palmer in the short term over Pryor because he will win you more games.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
Who's going to rush the passer next year?

i think we go 3-4 which is tarvers specialty and tarver knows chase who is a beast off the edge think clay matthews jr.

chase and burris off the edge would be nice

in 4-3

carter and gayle at de with occasional blitzes from chase/burris/wheeler

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
i think tp has earned a shot.

What has he done to earn a shot at being a starter in the NFL?!?
Not to be a 'HATER' but seriously he hasn't earned squat...
He earned the right to stay at QB and compete for back-up but STARTER?!?
Maybe I need to take the stuff you all do cause I'm not seeing it at all.

I can understand the dislike for Palmer and with his salary I'm willing to see him go, but I'd be bringing in a quality vet and drafting a rookie QB. Pryor then can compete to EARN a starting job.

I liked the draft and Barrett does throw me off too. That and Bama Laughing

maybe its just me but everytime tp gets real playing time pre-season or reg season he does well. he has been a starter before. honestly i was concerned about him mentality being able to handle the pressure of being a nfl qb but he is always bigger than the moment. he looked more like a vet that was well prepared than a wet behind the ear player.

i also think chase daniels is pretty good
kellen is better than ml lol

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
I love the Trufant and Commings picks for youth at the CB spot. They are both bigger CB's with loads of talent.

Chase Thomas is going back to Stanford for his senior year though.

And I would rather have D.J. Fluker than Yankey if we can't get Warmack. He would be the mauling RG with OT talent that we need to make the PBS go with the running backs we have in the stable.

yea i like the big cbs and i think they can start early

didnt know about chase

fluker is dicey imo ive seen him get owned from time to time i wouldnt spend a 1st on a guy like that.

i think warford is better than fluker anyway and yankey is a beast esp at pulling when he play og hell some times he pulls from the ot spot.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:

this. plus myers sucks at blocking. iirc all myers did all year was run out find a soft spot to sit in and be cp's bail out guy. i cant remember myers making any tough catches all year.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:

with that logic id rather save 10 mill and get the #1 pick anyway than spend 10 mil for the #3 pick. thats. just. two. slots. away. Laughing

green24 wrote:
Chali21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:

with that logic id rather save 10 mill and get the #1 pick anyway than spend 10 mil for the #3 pick. thats. just. two. slots. away. Laughing

My...God.. Palmer is not the reason we are picking 3 in the draft. Its a team game. DMC actually getting some TDs, Moore catches some passes, McClain not being the worst human being on the planet, and us having a competent OC and we win more games.

The only team that needed a QB to make playoffs ever was the Colts and they still have a better team than ours.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

maybe its just me but everytime tp gets real playing time pre-season or reg season he does well.

LOL more gems. He did "well" against Dallas, AZ, and Seattle?? He's one lucky catch away from being average against Detroit (but I'll give you that game for the sake of your sanity) and he had a ton of clean up points in SD after being completely ineffective 3 out of 4 quarters. Something you killed Palmer for all season.

More fail. If Pryor starts all season, 1-15, 3-13 at best.

PM sig requests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: