Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RB options
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: RB options Reply with quote

looking at the draft there are a couple decent guys that I would like to pursue. And then of course there is the recent release of speedy Chris Rainey. I know we are trying to move away from that image but I think he could be a dynamic player.

A couple guys I like draft wise

Giovanni Bernard, Eddie Lacy, Andre Ellington, Kenjon Barner, Marcus Lattimore (mid-late round pick)

anyone else? maybe Bell?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainey would be a good compliment to BJGE and wouldn't be expensive. I like all thoses listed maybe add in Mike Gillislee.

Where do you guys see Lattimore going?
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love me some Eddie Lacy...
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:

me too.....

At the moment I'm also diggin' Kenjon Burner (couldn't resist that); and that big lump from Michigan State, Bell....... Love to see him slammin' it up the middle.......
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we draft a back, it is going to be a speed compliment guy to BJGE, unless there is incredible value at some point.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

me too.....

At the moment I'm also diggin' Kenjon Burner (couldn't resist that); and that big lump from Michigan State, Bell....... Love to see him slammin' it up the middle.......

I like Barner the Burner too. But I wouldn't touch any Big 10 RBs this tear. Bell and Ball have a lot of wear and tear.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Eddie Lacy a lot. But he's more power than speed. I could easily see him surpass BJGE on the depth chart midseason. I think he's gonna be a good one.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
I like Eddie Lacy a lot. But he's more power than speed. I could easily see him surpass BJGE on the depth chart midseason. I think he's gonna be a good one.

I like Lacy if Bernard is gone (and I mean Giovanni, not Scott). If we go Lacy, Barner would fill out the position nicely. I wouldn't mind taking Ellington and rolling Herron in more either.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

me too.....

I like Barner the Burner too. But I wouldn't touch any Big 10 RBs this tear. Bell and Ball have a lot of wear and tear.

Understand the point, but don't we need another 3 down 'bell-cow' type guy behind BJGE ? Peerman is OK, but Cedric and Dan Herron are pretty similar.

I'd be happy to spend one of the R2/3 picks on a speed guy, and then roll the dice with a 5th/6th rounder on an all-down guy to see if we can find another Alfred Morris.

What chance we re-sign Bernard Scott ?
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="LondonBengal"]
INbengalfan wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

me too.....

Understand the point, but don't we need another 3 down 'bell-cow' type guy behind BJGE ? Peerman is OK, but Cedric and Dan Herron are pretty similar.

I'd be happy to spend one of the R2/3 picks on a speed guy, and then roll the dice with a 5th/6th rounder on an all-down guy to see if we can find another Alfred Morris.

What chance we re-sign Bernard Scott ?[quote][b]

Zero. marvin doesn't like his club in the tub.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking we need to take Bernard in the first, maybe after a trade down. If we pass, then Andre Ellington with our second would be good I guess. Personally, I like Bernard in the first, I think he can pair with BJGE nicely. I would also look at Lattimore in the 4th or 5th if he's still there.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
I'm thinking we need to take Bernard in the first, maybe after a trade down. If we pass, then Andre Ellington with our second would be good I guess. Personally, I like Bernard in the first, I think he can pair with BJGE nicely. I would also look at Lattimore in the 4th or 5th if he's still there.

Do I sense a 'Beck-mock' coming on this year ?
ark23

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotta say the Barner hype is unwarranted if you ask me. Was he productive in college? Without question. But he's not gonna be successful at the next level if you ask me. He doesn't have great vision and consistently bounces runs to the outside, he runs upright and doesn't showcase ability to run through the middle and he has had a lot of fumbles. Runs through a ton of big holes as well. I wouldn't touch him.

Ellington is the best compliment to BJGE. He's more elusive to Barner, dynamite in the open field and has really good balance. He's not a feature back but as a compliment to BJGE I'd love him.

Dennis Johnson out of Arkansas was overlooked throughout his career, but he's a well built back who is low to the ground, has a big lower body with great acceleration and toughness. He's a great complimentary back.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:

Do I sense a 'Beck-mock' coming on this year ?

No doubt, I have plans.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bell is the best RB in this draft. a 1 2 punch with him and BJGE....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: