Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report: Chiefs hire Doug Pederson to OC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiefer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Report: Chiefs hire Doug Pederson to OC Reply with quote

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/1/10/3860920/doug-pederson-chiefs-oc-offensive-coordinator

Quote:
Hearing that doug pederson is in kc to finalize deal to become #chiefs offensive coordinator. Just landed so not sure if out there

Quote:
Not sure if this was reported, but it looks like Doug Pederson, who was the QBs coach with the #Eagles, will be the #Chiefs next OC.

Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be worse. At least he wasn't named DC! . Laughing He knows Andy Reids system through and through. Whether he is ready to be a OC and able to make calls and adjustments through out a game who knows. Time will tell.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... I was pretty impressed by Nick Foles this season, so he seems to be able to develop QBs to some extent. Seems like a "Reid" type move, he loves to bring in his own guys he's worked with before rather than hire some big name coach.

The only question is the play-calling, does he have any experience? If not, Reid may be calling plays directly.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Well... I was pretty impressed by Nick Foles this season, so he seems to be able to develop QBs to some extent. Seems like a "Reid" type move, he loves to bring in his own guys he's worked with before rather than hire some big name coach.

The only question is the play-calling, does he have any experience? If not, Reid may be calling plays directly.

No he does not have any experience and I will be furious (as a Eagle Fan) if indeed AR takes over play calling on a full time basis. That's exactly what should of happen in Philly and relieving Marty the Moron from those duties yrs ago. People think Reid was calling plays but hasn't since 2004-5 can't remember when he took them away from Childress. All he's done the past 6 yrs or so is script the first 15, nothing more. Sounds like something he might do with this hiring and if so good for KC Fans.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No surprise.

Could go both ways, either a bad hire or a really good one. Wonder if he will adopt Mornhinweg's pass percentage or if he will use Charles a bit more in the running game.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll always be Brett Favre's backup to me. Always liked him so wish him nothing but the best.

Kempes on the custom sig!
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

No he does not have any experience and I will be furious (as a Eagle Fan) if indeed AR takes over play calling on a full time basis. That's exactly what should of happen in Philly and relieving Marty the Moron from those duties yrs ago. People think Reid was calling plays but hasn't since 2004-5 can't remember when he took them away from Childress. All he's done the past 6 yrs or so is script the first 15, nothing more. Sounds like something he might do with this hiring and if so good for KC Fans.

You are completely wrong Nabbs, there was a time where Andy was the play caller and people were begging for that to change so childress started calling plays. I think Andy called plays when marty first became OC too and everyone begged marty to take over.

Fans were never happy with anyone calling plays in Andy's tenure.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
He'll always be Brett Favre's backup to me. Always liked him so wish him nothing but the best.
Never occurred to me that he was. I never connected those dots. Funny.

Sig bet
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

You are completely wrong Nabbs, there was a time where Andy was the play caller and people were begging for that to change so childress started calling plays. I think Andy called plays when marty first became OC too and everyone begged marty to take over.

Fans were never happy with anyone calling plays in Andy's tenure.

Andy Reid has not called plays in any fashion outside the scripted first 15 he instals for every game day since Marty the Moron was named OC. That was an assumption by those who hated Andy, wanted him gone and blamed him for loses. In game adjustments and play calling outside of time outs and things of that nature fell squarely on Morons inability, not Reids. Never said Reid was great as a play caller but he was/is head and shoulders better the Moron has been the last two to three seasons.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:

I'd expect Reid to call plays. He did it in Philly until 04 or 05.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky for Chiefs fans he didn't bring Marty with him Laughing

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
simonwayne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now if we get Childress like reported, then we are going to have 3 guys who have been quarterback coaches before on our offensive staff already. Reid, Childress, and Pederson. Seems like we should draft Geno 1st overall and let these 3 help develop him.
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Now if we get Childress like reported, then we are going to have 3 guys who have been quarterback coaches before on our offensive staff already. Reid, Childress, and Pederson. Seems like we should draft Geno 1st overall and let these 3 help develop him.

Or trade a 2nd Round pick for Vick!!!

TommyC376 on the Sig
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:

Reid and Pederson should be able to develop a QB.

But Childress? Laughing

Umm...Donovan watch?

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
lionslicer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

Reid and Pederson should be able to develop a QB.

But Childress? Laughing

Umm...Donovan watch?

McNabb had his best seasons while Childress was with the Eagles.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: