Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OS3's Different Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OhioState3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: OS3's Different Mock Reply with quote

Head Coach- Gus Bradley
- He is a fiery coach that knows what he is doing on the defensive side of the ball. He can help this football team get back to being a title contending teams. He will help bring the best out of the players on the team and he’s a guy the players can respect. He can bring a ferocity to the team on defense that hasn’t been here since the late great Jimmie Johnson.

Offensive Coordinator- Ken Wisenhunt
-I think he is a very good coach. On offense for the past years he had an all-world receiver in Fitzgerald and a disgruntled Anquan Boldin as his offense. Yeah Kurt Warner was good, but I thought his best years were behind him and that with Ken’s play calling, he only played to Kurt’s strengths. Ken can come in and help the offense and guide Gus to have a great offense.

Defensive Coordinator- Jay Hayes
-He has made one of the most feared defensive lines in football with mid round picks (Peko, Atkins, Sims) with the help of molding raw talent (Dunlap, Johnson). He has deserved a chance to be a coordinator. I think he is going to need some help by getting quality position coaches, but he can bring the nastiness back to the Philly D.

Cuts/Not Resigned-
Mike Vick
Nmandi Asomugha
Demetress Bell
Kurt Coleman
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
Daryl Tapp
Phillip Hunt
King Dunlap
Ryan Rau
Dallas Reynolds
Nate Menkin
Derek Landri

Gus wants to get rid of dead weight and clear up cap space so he can start to build the team that he wants. He gets rid of some guys that are undersized and guys that aren’t willing to work hard and lay it down for the team instead of just collecting their pay checks. He also gets rid of some players that just flat out cannot play.

Re-singings-
Colt Anderson
Akeem Jordan
Jake Scott
Jon Dorenbros

Colt and Akeem give it their all so they deserve to be brought back and play special teams where they are solid. Dorenbros is one of the best in the game at what he does so he’s a clear. I also like how Jake Scott just busted his butt for us and was okay, which is good for a backup if he can come in and be okay.

Free Agents-
Jairus Byrd
Derek Cox
Pat Sims
Will Svitek

We bring in a high profile safety because we NEED one. He can be a ball hawk in the passing game but he can step up and help in the run game as well. We have a play maker that will instantly upgrade our secondary. Derek Cox has been an above average corner when he has been healthy. He has good size and he can make plays. Pat Sims is the third defensive tackle in Cincy and we bring him in to add to our rotation and challenge Cullen for a starting spot. Manny is a great linebacker and can fit in perfectly on the strong side, he brings a pass rush capability. Svitek is just brought in as insurance in case Peters goes down.

Restructures-
Jason Peters
Cullen Jenkins

Jason is coming of two major injuries and he is getting older, he takes a pay cut so the team can use more money elsewhere, along with Cullen Jenkins

Trades-
Jeremy Maclin to Miami for a 3 (20 from Chicago) and 4 (15)

Jeremy Maclin has been ok but we have a similar receiver in Desean so we ship him off for picks so Gus gets more help to rebuild this team

2013 NFL Draft
**Trade 1 (4) and 3 (5) to Buffalo for 1 (Cool, 6 (Cool and Stevie Johnson

Buffalo jumps at the chance to get Geno after he falls and they give up a receiver to get him and a high third round pick.

1. 8. Dee Milliner CB Alabama 6’1 198 lbs.

With how poor our secondary was last year Gus takes the chance to move back and add the best cornerback in the draft. Dee is a physical guy who can hang with the best of the best receivers in the SEC and he can actually tackle.

**Trade 2 (3) to San Francisco for 2 (29) 3 (11) and 5 (29)

2. 29. Oday Aboushi OT Virginia 6’6 310 lbs.

Aboushi is brought in to be our right tackle of the future. He was a very good linemen on a poor Virginia team. Virginia churns out a lot of good offensive linemen and he is another one. He is very good in pass protection and will only improve in the run game.

3. 11. DJ Swearinger S South Carolina 5’11 210 lbs.

Swearinger has a swagger about him that can help our defense. He’s a perfect guy for Gus and he can do it all. He brings a threat against the run game but can also be all over the field.

3. 20. Gerald Hodges OLB 6’2 238 lbs.

Gerald was huge for the Nittany Lions this year. He brought leadership to a broken team and played like a stud the entire year. He’s a good all-around linebacker. He stifles the run but is also very good in coverage and can give tight ends a tough time. He will be a steal in the 3rd round just as Navrro Bowman was for the niners.

4. 4. Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati 6’5 260 lbs.

I think Kelce is the 3rd best TE in this years draft. He’s physical and can block, but also has some speed so he can make plays down field. He could be a steal and turn into one of the league’s best tight ends.

4. 15. Joe Kruger DE Utah 6’6 280 lbs.

He has a big body and some raw talent. He knows how to get to the passer and has some athletic ability. He is powerful against the run and can learn behind Trent Cole and be the strong side defensive end of the future.

5. 3. Sanders Commings CB Georgia 6’2 216 lbs.

Commings was good against SEC wide receivers. He is big and strong so that is something Gus likes in a corner. He could be a big steal or just another utility guy. Either way I’m sure he has the talent to benefit the team.

5. 29. Marquess Wilson WR Washington State 6’4 188 lbs.

A first round talent before issues with Coach Mike Leach forced him to leave the team. If he shows up to the combine and shows off the kind of talent everyone knew he had before the season then he can prove that he’ll be a player in this league.

6. 5. Aaron Melette WR Elon 6’3 218 lbs.

A small school guy that can really play. He had over a hundred catches for Elon this year and has the size you look for in an NFL wide receiver. I think he can slide into the slot and has the chance to be an Anquan Boldin like player for the Eagles.

6. 8. Sam Brenner OG Utah 6’4 305 lbs.
7. 4. Graham Pocic C Illinois 6’5 310 lbs.
7. 24. Nick Clancy ILB Boston College 6’2 234 lbs.
UDFA-
Larry Webster DE Bloomsburg 6’6 245 lbs.
Matthew McGloin QB Penn State 6’1 210 lbs.

QB- Nick Foles, Trent Edwards, Matt McGloin
RB- Lesean McCoy, Bryce Brown, Dion Lewis
FB- Stanley Havili
WR1- Stevie Johnson, Riley Cooper
WR2- Desean Jackson, Marquess Wilson
SLOT- Jason Avant, Aaron Mellette
TE- Brent Celek, Travis Kelce
LT- Jason Peters, Will Svitek
LG- Evan Mathis, Sam Brenner
C- Jason Kelce, Graham Pocic
RG- Todd Herremans, Jake Scott
RT- Oday Aboushi, Dennis Kelly

SDE- Trent Cole, Joe Kruger
WDE- Brandon Graham, Vinny Curry, Larry Webster
NT- Cullen Jenkins, Cedric Thorton
DT- Fletcher Cox, Pat Sims
WILL- Mychal Kendricks, Akeem Jordan
MIKE- Demeco Ryans, Casey Matthews, Nick Clancy
SAM- Gerald Hodges, Jamar Chaney
CB- Derek Cox, Curtis Marsh
CB- Dee Milliner, Sanders Commings
NICKEL- Brandon Boykin, Brandon Hughes
FS- Jairus Byrd, Nate Allen
SS- DJ Swearinger, Colt Anderson

RED= Rookie
BLUE= Free agent
GREEN= Trade
Jroc04

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly is different.

Maclin for a 3rd AND a 4th?

We may be able to get a 5th from some gullible team.

That Stevie Johnson trade is redic too.

Phire sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
oland11

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dee Milliner...Just ew.

And Sanders will be gone by 4th round.
TRUTH

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the free agency, or the draft.
NoHypeNeeded

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Stevie Johnson and that trade in general is too ridiculous.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
Certainly is different.

I just laughed and figured those trades were so bad this entire draft makes no sense.

No one one is trading for Maclin. He just has very replaceable skills. If he was a inch taller and more a natural 4.3 burst guy with out all the week to week injury plagues, then maybe i could see a trade for him but no it wont happen when you can draft a guy with a better skill set with those picks in the draft.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Jroc04

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
Certainly is different.

I just laughed and figured those trades were so bad this entire draft makes no sense.

No one one is trading for Maclin. He just has very replaceable skills. If he was a inch taller and more a natural 4.3 burst guy with out all the week to week injury plagues, then maybe i could see a trade for him but no it wont happen when you can draft a guy with a better skill set with those picks in the draft.

We got TO for a 5th and Brandon Whiting.

Laughing

Phire sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
Certainly is different.

We got TO for a 5th and Brandon Whiting.

Laughing

and gave Asante away for a 7th...

But T.O also got uncomfortably homophobic and was calling his teams franchise QB a homosexual ... Laughing HAHAHA (LOL'ing as type that).. IN SAN FRANCISCO(the world capital of homosexual civil rights) ...Laughing

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liked the start of the mock until the trades. After that, non of it really made sense. Maclin wont draw to picks, let alone a 3rd and 4th...
eagles1014

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i HIGHLY doubt that the front office would bring in hayes to be the DC. For the simple fact that the dline scheme he runs is the WIDE NINE!
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would Bills trade Johnson?

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: