Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock 2.0 moving around
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Mock 2.0 moving around Reply with quote

I have the Steelers moving around for players. The Rams trade up to get Warmack. The Steelers trade up to get Hopkins. Chew it up.

1.22 Jessie Williams NT
2.40 DeAndre Hopkins WR
3.86 T.J. McDonald FS
4.114 Brian Winters OT
4.118 Nico Johnson ILB
5.148 Joe Kruger DE
6.186 B.W. Webb CB
7.222 Joseph Fauria TE
7.240 Tremayne Scott OLB

Trade 1.17 to St. Louis for 1.22 3.86 & 4.118
Trade 2.48 & 3.80 to Tenn for 2.40

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Mock 2.0 moving around Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
I have the Steelers moving around for players. The Rams trade up to get Warmack. The Steelers trade up to get Hopkins. Chew it up.

1.22 Jessie Williams NT
2.40 DeAndre Hopkins WR
3.86 T.J. McDonald FS
4.114 Brian Winters OT
4.118 Nico Johnson ILB
5.148 Joe Kruger DE
6.186 B.W. Webb CB
7.222 Joseph Fauria TE
7.240 Tremayne Scott OLB

yum.

I wonder if Nico Johnson is a necessity if we get Williams? Darn sure won't argue, but Williams is the type of guy that we could use to allow us to get another mini-missile type guy like Timmons.
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Mock 2.0 moving around Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
jebrick wrote:

1.22 Jessie Williams NT
2.40 DeAndre Hopkins WR
3.86 T.J. McDonald FS
4.114 Brian Winters OT
4.118 Nico Johnson ILB
5.148 Joe Kruger DE
6.186 B.W. Webb CB
7.222 Joseph Fauria TE
7.240 Tremayne Scott OLB

yum.

I wonder if Nico Johnson is a necessity if we get Williams? Darn sure won't argue, but Williams is the type of guy that we could use to allow us to get another mini-missile type guy like Timmons.

I admit that I am not a huge fan of Nico and I have often struggled with typing a player for ILB for the 3-4. Leaving Timmons to cover, I think Nico can be a thumper. What I do not know is how well he reads and reacts.

i like A.J. Klein as well but in the 5th and I must have my Kruger. Razz

Another player I like and could not fit on there is Sean Renfree QB Duke.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
kurgan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Mock 2.0 moving around Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
jebrick wrote:

1.22 Jessie Williams NT
2.40 DeAndre Hopkins WR
3.86 T.J. McDonald FS
4.114 Brian Winters OT
4.118 Nico Johnson ILB
5.148 Joe Kruger DE
6.186 B.W. Webb CB
7.222 Joseph Fauria TE
7.240 Tremayne Scott OLB

I admit that I am not a huge fan of Nico and I have often struggled with typing a player for ILB for the 3-4. Leaving Timmons to cover, I think Nico can be a thumper. What I do not know is how well he reads and reacts.

i like A.J. Klein as well but in the 5th and I must have my Kruger. Razz

Another player I like and could not fit on there is Sean Renfree QB Duke.

I really like this draft. Franchise DT in the first, Nuke Hopkins is a beast and a player that Ben will love to have around, the thumper in Nico and the specimen that is Kruger. I am not sold on McDonald or Winters. The late round guys are good value, and I am fan of Fauria and Webb.

IMO, Nico is the guy that we need to play the Foote spot going forward. It is exactly what he does for Saban now and he is a fill/plug A gap defender. He and Klein are similar in this fashion (exception being Klein is the traditional Mike in a 4-3) but both are good fits.

I mocked Renfree before in the other thread. He is a stud, but more of a pocket passer.

stefan52268

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice mock Jeb. Don't know much about Winters. Love Williams in the first. Casey Hampton Redux.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not comfortable with Williams in the 1st for us, more so because i dont think he creates the impact that many perceive he will. I have also mentioned his thin lower half several times and potential for injury, my concern.

If we got Hopkins in the 2nd Id pass out, I think we will have trouble getting him in the 1st when all is said and done.

I dont like TJ McDonald much at all, not so bad in the 3rd but id be more comfortable with a 4th or later for him.

Brian Winters is a very good pick and is on my radar as well as an OG, I think he ends up being 3rd round value.

Nico is ok. Many flaws have become apparent this year but hes workable.

I think it will be hard to get Kruger this late because of the pash rush/push he is capable of generating.

Fauria is a 2nd round prospect in my eyes and has been far more consistent than Ertz. Demonstrates better ability to separate in space and high points and catches with his hands.

...you have a forum resume?
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think jesse Williams will be a guy who can anchor enough against double teams without being a liability against the zone stretches and no huddles that tend to annihilate us when Snack gets stuck on the field.

yes it's a compromise, but finding a truly enormous body that isn't a liability vs. the pass or ZBS is a tough nut to crack.

has williams been injured before JPN that you worry about him?
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice mock. I might switch Winters with a RB depending on who is there though. I doubt that Fauria lasts to the seventh but he would be a steal if he did. Overall a solid job and a draft that I would be pleased with.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Nice mock. I might switch Winters with a RB depending on who is there though. I doubt that Fauria lasts to the seventh but he would be a steal if he did. Overall a solid job and a draft that I would be pleased with.

I thought about Lattimore there but I just could not do it based on his injury. Not even for a 4th round pick. Jawan Jamison is the one I would go for there if I wanted a RB.

JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
i think jesse Williams will be a guy who can anchor enough against double teams without being a liability against the zone stretches and no huddles that tend to annihilate us when Snack gets stuck on the field.

yes it's a compromise, but finding a truly enormous body that isn't a liability vs. the pass or ZBS is a tough nut to crack.

As I recall he went out of the last two games they played with injury to his legs. He left the Championship game and I think it was the SEC Champ game. I d have to go back and look, he did return to that game but went out with a leg injury.

steelers75

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: draft Reply with quote

i like your trade idea and think it would be a good idea.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Mock 2.0 moving around Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:

1.22 Jessie Williams NT
2.40 DeAndre Hopkins WR
3.86 T.J. McDonald FS
4.114 Brian Winters OT
4.118 Nico Johnson ILB
5.148 Joe Kruger DE
6.186 B.W. Webb CB
7.222 Joseph Fauria TE
7.240 Tremayne Scott OLB

Who are you figuring the Rams take just ahead of us before they trade up to take our pick?

kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
kethnaab wrote:

As I recall he went out of the last two games they played with injury to his legs. He left the Championship game and I think it was the SEC Champ game. I d have to go back and look, he did return to that game but went out with a leg injury.

yikes. Sad
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Mock 2.0 moving around Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
jebrick wrote:

1.22 Jessie Williams NT
2.40 DeAndre Hopkins WR
3.86 T.J. McDonald FS
4.114 Brian Winters OT
4.118 Nico Johnson ILB
5.148 Joe Kruger DE
6.186 B.W. Webb CB
7.222 Joseph Fauria TE
7.240 Tremayne Scott OLB

Who are you figuring the Rams take just ahead of us before they trade up to take our pick?

ahhhh......Warmack Rolling Eyes

JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Mock 2.0 moving around Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
jebrick wrote:

1.22 Jessie Williams NT
2.40 DeAndre Hopkins WR
3.86 T.J. McDonald FS
4.114 Brian Winters OT
4.118 Nico Johnson ILB
5.148 Joe Kruger DE
6.186 B.W. Webb CB
7.222 Joseph Fauria TE
7.240 Tremayne Scott OLB

ahhhh......Warmack Rolling Eyes

The Rams pick 16th one pick ahead of us they were 7-8-1 we were 8-8.
You are saying they trade up from 22 (Washington's pick) to 17. So they will have back to back picks. Im not saying that is not possible not sure if its likely but wondering who they take with the 16th pick before they decide to move up for Warmack. Guard is a need for them as well as Dallas behind us, it would be hard to imagine passing on a talent like that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: