Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KK's "YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS" 2013 Ravens Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: KK's "YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS" 2013 Ravens Mock Reply with quote

Before I go on.....

Notable Moves:

Ray Rice traded to the Cincinatti Bengals for their 2013 1st, 2nd (37th overall), + 2014 3rd round picks.

Ed Reed retires.

Joe Flacco franchise tagged.

Brings back Ellerbe & Kruger.

So long to Cary Williams, Anquan Boldin, Jameel McClain.

Signs RB Peyton Hillis.

KK's 2013 Baltimore Ravens Mock Draft:

Round 1 (via trade w/Cincy) - Alec Ogletree - ILB - Georgia

Round 1 - De'Andre "Nuke" Hopkins - WR - Clemson

Round 2 (via trade w/Cincy) - D.J. Fluker - OT - Alabama

Round 2 - Baccari Rambo - FS - Georgia

Round 3 - Lavar Edwards - DE - LSU

Round 4 - Cory Grissom - NT - South Florida

Round 5 - Meshak Williams - OLB - Kansas State

Round 6 - Tyrann Mathieu - CB - LSU

Round 7 - Colin Klein - QB - Kansas State

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well though I know you're only being sarcastic... I just think you could've found a better landing spot for Ray Rice than Cincy. I mean, their are other RB needy teams in the league... also, even still, I doubt Ray Rice fetches those kinds of picks. I think best case scenario is he nets a 1st and a 4th/future 3rd, certainly not what you'd expect a proven top 10-15 QB to go for.

But obvious unrealities aside...

Can't say I'm a fan of taking Ogletree. Arthur Brown is flat out faster, more instinctive, and better in essentially every facet of what it means to be an ILB than Ogletree... pass coverage might be his only losing category... and even then, he's a top 3 pass covering ILB in this class. No reason we should gamble on Ogletree over Brown if indeed we're going to go ILB in the first round. And this is me unbiased. My bias, would say that I wouldn't touch Ogletree until after probably five other ILBs went off the board being:
1. Arthur Brown
2. Manti Te'O
3a. AJ Klein (#47 vs. Tavon Austin and WVU)
3b. Kevin Minter (too close to call, both players I like to play at probowl levels at the next level... this ILB class is tremendous.
5. Gerald Hodges

Basically all of the above guys have the athleticism required to be effective against the pass all the while being more instinctive and/or better at avoiding/taking on blocks in comparison to Ogletree IMO. And you may wonder why Brown is ahead of Te'O... well, I think Brown has elite athleticism and instincts. I think at the next level he very well could be the more impactful player.
--------
Now, the rest of your picks...
I'm not a fan of going with Hopkins in the 1st- even with Boldin being released. I'd much rather us go OT first than WR... as no question I believe what's holding us back more is needing a great LT. Fluker really doesn't help- he's strictly a RT at the next level. We have a collection of RTs on this team already in Oher, KO, Reid... all of which have the potential to be at least above average to good there. Whereas Oher is average- at best- on the left side... and McKinnie will be gone after this season. We NEED a LT in my opinion. Oday Aboushi or Eric Fisher at the end of round 1 are our best bets IMO. Flacco's biggest weakness is in feeling pressure. For the benefit of our offense, we should be doing our best to provide him with an elite blindside protector. What's the use of adding a speed threat like Hopkins if a) we have no blockers to buy him and Torrey time to get deep and b) we no longer run Cam's system and having more varied receiver skillsets will be much more productive to achieving the offensive success that our offense has the potential to achieve.

Round 2- Like I said, not a fan of Fluker because of his redundancy. I'd flop WR/OT. So in this case, with a need at receiver... I'd like us to address that with a guy like DaRick Rogers. I think we have the locker room and a guy like Torrey Smith within his position group to keep him in check. Rogers would replace Boldin's physicality within our offense, offer better speed, and a better redzone option to go to for Flacco. He's a risk... but he'd be well worth it IMO.

Round 2- Rambo I like. He's a playmaker. That being said, if all things equal- I'd prefer we take TJ McDonald over him when looking at safeties. I just like his instincts better. But Rambo should at worse be an above average safety at the next level from what I've seen. I just think he takes some bad angles a little more than I'd like him to... and so I'm a little worried in that area.

Round 3- Lavar Edwards is a very intriguing pick. I like it a lot actually. There may be a situation where we basically are unable to address the edge threat position because of needs/better players in other parts of the draft... and that need may have to wait. And if it does- getting a guy like Lavar Edwards who has all the physical attributes that you look for to make an impact at this level and played on a really tough defense.. could really make us better down the line if not sooner.

Round 4- I love going NT in the 4th round. While I am high on the job that Mt. Cody has done in the past 4 weeks or so in terms of really collapsing the pocket and being a beast against the run (which most seem to disagree with) I still think that adding a NT that can be what we had in Brandon McKinney year in and year out- a guy who could spell Cody at a high level and in obvious run situations be a beast. That kind of depth would be phenomenal. That said, I can't say I've watched Cory Grissom play.

Round 5- Meshak Williams is a guy I'm unfamiliar with to the point in the process.

Round 6- No. Just no. This guy's a turd.

Round 7. I like the idea of getting a QB in round 7 if we've wrapped up what we wanted to accomplish positionally via the draft. We need to upgrade our backup QB spot with a better pocket passer so that maybe we could utilize Tyrod Taylor more in the offense... and be less worried in the case that Flacco goes down that we won't execute appropriately. We need at least a guy who can learn and become a game managing option.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having trouble if you're doing this just to be different or not, but beyond the other reasons I've mentioned for not liking a Ray Rice trade/cut in favor of Pierce (which are many), I think the cap hit from his newly signed deal would be pretty harmful based on our cap situation.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade Rice (which is bad enough as it is) to a divisional opponent? Laughing
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: KK's "YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS" 2013 Ravens Mock Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
Ray Rice traded to the Cincinatti Bengals for their 2013 1st, 2nd (37th overall), + 2014 3rd round picks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: KK's "YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS" 2013 Ravens Mock Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
KiddKillah wrote:

The GIF isn't working but well-chosen.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: KK's "YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS" 2013 Ravens Mock Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
KiddKillah wrote:

The GIF isn't working but well-chosen.

Had his back. And I agree, well chosen.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: KK's "YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS" 2013 Ravens Mock Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
KiddKillah wrote:

I was going to post this. Way to steal my thunder, brah.

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost stopped reading after "trade Rice." That would just be a dumb move. And besides that, Cincy doesnt trade for or pay anyone. they wouldnt do it in a million years. Releasing Anquan is up there with it.

But I did keep reading.

Hopkins is a great pick. Dude can catch anything and can jump out the stadium.

Ogletree is a solid pick. Sick range. Gets his hands on a lot of balls in coverage.

Fluker. Eh. He could be a solid guard or RT. Don't think he has the feet to play LT which is what we desperately need but he could be a solid player for us.

Rambo is a great player in pass defense. Big time playmaker. Always seems to be where the ball is. Not a great run defender IMO. But if character checks out, could be a great pick.

Meshak is a nice pass rusher.

Colin Klein can't throw.

Honeybadger makes a lot of big plays and is an asset in the return game. But in between those big plays he is an undersized nickel with average at best coverage skills and not a good tackler. Plus I don't want to start drafting drug addicts.

Like youR draft but IDK about taking that many players with character questions.

Hate hate HATE your free agency.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: