Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Divisional Round: Seattle Seahawks @ Atlanta Falcons
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Divisional Round: Seattle Seahawks @ Atlanta Falcons Reply with quote

Sorry this took so long to get up!

I'll get all the details in here later, busy right now.
El ramster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added my touch Imani!

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
MAC DRE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be a very nerve racking game to watch. Expected from a playoff game though. The only thing I'm worried about is our 3rd down defense and our pressure on Ryan. And Julio is so fast we must do a great job within the first 5 yards to throw him off or else Sherm or BB will be burned deep on double moves imo. Hopefully Earl can come up big again on the deep ball. Other than I love our offenses chances against their defense. Once Marshawn gets to the second level it should be easy pickins considering the size of that secondary. The safeties are decent size but nothing against the Beast. Just need to establish the run early an get the PA going and we will put up a lot of points. This defense is nothing special. This game is on our defense. We must get pressure and my dream scenario is Irvins coming out party and destroying Sam Baker (if he's still their LT) and have Ryan running for his life.

I'm going with a 31-21 hawks W

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAC DRE wrote:
This is going to be a very nerve racking game to watch. Expected from a playoff game though. The only thing I'm worried about is our 3rd down defense and our pressure on Ryan. And Julio is so fast we must do a great job within the first 5 yards to throw him off or else Sherm or BB will be burned deep on double moves imo. Hopefully Earl can come up big again on the deep ball. Other than I love our offenses chances against their defense. Once Marshawn gets to the second level it should be easy pickins considering the size of that secondary. The safeties are decent size but nothing against the Beast. Just need to establish the run early an get the PA going and we will put up a lot of points. This defense is nothing special. This game is on our defense. We must get pressure and my dream scenario is Irvins coming out party and destroying Sam Baker (if he's still their LT) and have Ryan running for his life.

I'm going with a 31-21 hawks W

Read option all day, no way I see them stopping it. Keeping their passing game in check is what scares me obviously, but these arent the shifty underneath receivers that kill us. Between Earl, Sherm and the boys we can handle them.

21-17 Hawks.
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hawkblogger.com/2013/01/falcons-vs-read-option.html

The Read option is going to be there all day...

I am going to GUARANTEE the Hawks have 200 yards rushing on the game. Come get me if they don't...I'll change my sig to anything.

"We all we got, we all we need"
El ramster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:

I am going to GUARANTEE the Hawks have 200 yards rushing on the game. Come get me if they don't...I'll change my sig to anything.

i got you baby.. for 2 months u wear it?

If you're right then you have some huge cojones.

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imma keep it simple for this one. If the 'Hawks play their A game on both sides of the ball, we will win. The logic is simple. If we play our A game on offense we will run the ball down their throats and keep Matt Ryan off the field as long as possible. If we do that we give our D plenty of rest. If they bring their A game as well and shut down the Falcons O like they did to Washington in the last 3 quarters last weekend then it's a wrap. The Falcons have earned the right to be favored in this game based on their regular season performance, but they're not that much better than we are. If we bring our best performance, we will win.

If we come out soft and don't bring our best effort then we'll probably lose. We can't leave points out on the field like we did last week. Can't have turnovers. Can't come out flat in the first quarter again. It's gotta be start to finish. No mental lapses, no complacency. We have to match the Falcons and even surpass them in intensity. We'll see how the team responds after a nice road win last week. I'm feeling cautiously optimistic about this.
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:

i got you baby.. for 2 months u wear it?

If you're right then you have some huge cojones.

I'm down. Not sure about 2 months (especially if they win and rush for like 185), but we can work something out.

"We all we got, we all we need"
hdshot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys worried as I am about Clemons out for the season? Sounds like Irvin will fill in.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdshot wrote:
Are you guys worried as I am about Clemons out for the season? Sounds like Irvin will fill in.

Of course it's worrisome - Irvin is a capable pass rusher but there's no doubt it really hurts us against the run. I'm not so worried about this game because Turner just runs into his own line every play but if we end up facing San Francisco after this week - that's when it becomes critical to gameplan ways of overcoming his inadequacies.

On a semi-related note - what are the updates to John Abraham and Dunta Robinson? They were injured in Week 17 and Abraham's looked pretty bad. Are they going to play?
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
DrawABlank

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
On a semi-related note - what are the updates to John Abraham and Dunta Robinson? They were injured in Week 17 and Abraham's looked pretty bad. Are they going to play?

Robinson has passed through all the concussion protocols and is practicing fully. He'll be playing.

Abraham will almost certainly play barring a major setback. But it's anyone's guess how healthy he'll be - the coaches have been very positive but it could be gamesmanship. Neither fanbase will know this until he steps onto the field Sunday.

Foster-A-Falcon: Matt Bryant
2013 Stats: 24/27 FG (88.9%), 39/39 XP (100%)
union hawk fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking Marshawn has a huge game, I'm thinking 175 on the ground and a pair of touchdowns.
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:

I would be very upset with only 200 yards as a Seahawks fan. Holwing rushed for over a 100 yards on us. A RB will always get one big rush against us. Always. Now add Lynch into the mix. Oh Lawd!

XBL GT: l JGOLD l Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow
TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling this is the game where we allow 30+ points for the first time all year.

If we're gonna win this, it's on the offense to keep up - or Earl/Kam to go off. Before FedEx Field bit his leg off, RGIII and whatever receiver was on the left side were exposing Browner's rust (his reactions just looked awful) and I'm not confident that another week of practice will get him up to speed - at least not enough to shut down White or Jones. There's going to be at least one "toast" moment on the left, once Julio gets lined up against #39.

Add to that: Jaquizz/Turner and the screen game, TonyG and his matchup nightmare, and any major spread formations, exposing Trufant and our Nickel/Bandit... I honestly think we struggle to keep the score low without a boatload of turnovers.

On the other side, I see Atlanta's defense having a rough day as well. They don't match up well against the run, so one of two things will happen - they'll sell out in order to slow the run game down and Wilson will tear them up... or we'll get our yards on the ground, and plenty of them. This should be a shootout and I can't bet against #3 and this team right now.

Hawks 36, Falcons 31 (Yeah, Longwell's gonna be all over this box score)

TommyC376 on the Sig
TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the Russell Wilson nickname thread, again?

Please add "Russell Sprout". Came out today in a meeting and I feel the need to trademark it.

Thx.

Cool

TommyC376 on the Sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 1 of 38

Jump to: