Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brian Kelly Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhiCelek87

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Brian Kelly Mock Reply with quote

Explanations will follow in a later edit...

HC Brian Kelly
OC Chuck Martin
DC Bob Diaco

Cap Space Leading into 2013 - -13.675825
Cap Space Rollover 2012 into 2013 = +22.454309
Cap Space After Rollover in 2013 = +8.778484

FA/Cuts:
QB. M. Vick (+10.7)
OT. D. Bell (+9.6)
OT. K. Dunlap
OC. D. Reynolds (+.4
OC. M. Tennant (+.63)
CB. N. Asomugha (+11)
WR. J. Avant (+2.7)
CB. D. Rodgers-Cromartie
Total Cap Saved Via Cuts= $35.11
Cap Space After Cuts in 2013 = $43.888484

Restructure:
OT. J. Peters (+3)

Cap Space After Restructure in 2013 = $46.888484

Resign:
LS. J. Dorenbos 1yr/$950K (2013-$.95)
S. C. Anderson 1yr/$950K (2013-$.95)

Cap Space After Re-signing = $44.988484

Free Agents:

SS. William Moore 4 yrs $29 million - $8 million

DT. Sammie Lee Hill 2 yrs $4.2 million $2.7 million

DE. Desmond Bryant 3 yrs $5.3 million - $3 million

CB. Bradley Fletcher 1 yrs $2.3 million - $2.3 million

OLB. Victor Butler 1 yr/$1.1 million - $1.1 million

TE. James Casey 3 yrs $11 million - $3.5 million 2013

KR/WR. Brandon Tate 1 yr $950K - .95 million 2013

C. Chris Spencer 1 yr $1.1 million 1.1 million 2013

CB. Mike Jenkins 1 yr/2.1 million 2.1 million 2013

Free Agent Spending = $24.75 million

Trades:

The Philadelphia Eagles trade DE. Trent Cole to New Orleans for 2013 6th Rnd Pick and 2014 3rd-4th Conditional Pick (Condition is 10 sacks or more)

The Philadelphia Eagles trade OG. Danny Watkins to Kansas City for 2013 6th Rnd Pick.

Pre-Draft Depth Chart
QB. Foles/Edwards
RB. McCoy/Brown/Lewis/Polk
FB. Havili
WR. Jackson/Johnson/Tate
WR. Maclin/Cooper
SLOT. Johnson
TE. Celek/Casey/Harbor
LT. Peters
LG. Mathis
C. Kelce/Spencer
RG. Herremans
RT. Kelly

DE. Jenkins/Bryant
DT. Hill/Dixon
DE. Cox/Thornton
OLB. Graham/Hunt
WLB. Kendricks/Chaney
SLB. Ryans/Matthews
OLB. Curry/Butler
CB. Fletcher/Marsh
CB. Boykin/Jenkins
FS. Allen/Anderson
SS. Moore/Coleman/Sims

NFL Draft

The Philadelphia Eagles trade 1st (4) to Miami for 2013 1st, 2013 2nd and 2013 5th Miami after losing OT. Jake Long in free agency trades up to get LT. Luke Joeckel

The Philadelphia Eagles 1st (12 - Mia) OLB. Dion Jordan

The Philadelphia Eagles 2nd (35) CB. Xaiver Rhodes

The Philadelphia Eagles 2nd (47) OT. Jordan Pugh

The Philadelphia Eagles 3rd (67) S. Duke Williams

The Philadelphia Eagles 4th (9Cool WR. R. Swope

The Philadelphia Eagles 5th (132) C. Braxton Cave

The Philadelphia Eagles 5th (142 Mia) LB. Kevin Reddick

The Philadelphia Eagles 6th (163 KC) DT. Anthony McCloud Florida
State

The Philadelphia Eagles trade their 2013 6th to NY Jets for 2013 7th and 2014 6th

The Philadelphia Eagles 6th (178 - NO) DE. Quanterus Smith

The Philadelphia Eagles 6th (192 Den) TE. Zach Sudfeld Nevada

The Philadelphia Eagles 7th (205 - NYJ) OT. Terron Armstead - Arkansas-Pine Bluff

Undrafted Free Agents
QB. S. Renfree Duke
LB. W. Compton Nebraska
CB. M. White La. Lafeyette
OG. L. Taylor Oklahoma State
DT. C. Jones Bowling Green

Post-Draft Depth Chart

QB. Foles/Edwards/Renfree
RB. McCoy/Brown/Lewis/Polk
FB. Havili
WR. Jackson/Johnson/Tate
WR. Maclin/Cooper
SLOT Swope
TE. Celek/Sudfeld
TE2. Casey/Harbor
LT. Peters/Pugh/Herremans
LG. Mathis/Spencer/Taylor
C. Kelce/Cave
RG. Herremans/Spencer
RT. Pugh/Kelly/Armstead

DE. Jenkins/Bryant/Jones
DT. Hill/Dixon/McCloud
DE. Cox/Thornton
OLB. Jordan/Butler/Hunt
WILB. Kendricks/Chaney/Matthews
SILB. Ryans/Reddick/Compton
OLB. Graham/Curry/Smith(PUP)
CB. Rhodes/Marsh/White
CB. Fletcher/Jenkins
NICK Boykin/Fletcher
FS. Williams/Allen/Anderson
SS. Moore/Coleman/Sims

K. Henery
P. McBriar
LS. Dorenbos

2014 NFL Draft

3-4. New Orleans
6. NY Jets

Last edited by PhiCelek87 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By trading Cole we lose money off the cap, highly doubt we do that. Watkins wouldn't be a completely terrible backup in a run heavy scheme.
PhiCelek87

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
By trading Cole we lose money off the cap, highly doubt we do that. Watkins wouldn't be a completely terrible backup in a run heavy scheme.

Was trying to figure out the cap hit, but could not figure it out - I guess it depends on the amount of money.

I'm not sure Cole fits in the 3-4 and New Orleans is in win now mode - if you can get two picks, might be worth it to take the hit.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhiCelek87 wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:

Was trying to figure out the cap hit, but could not figure it out - I guess it depends on the amount of money.

I'm not sure Cole fits in the 3-4 and New Orleans is in win now mode - if you can get two picks, might be worth it to take the hit.

Not for 5th and 6th round value (a 2014 4th is viewed as a 2013 5th).

If he's traded, its going to be after the season, when we will save money by trading or cutting him.
birdman0069

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone has Peters restructuring his contract. Just don't see it happening.
1, It takes 2 willing parties.
2, The Eagles. Will take a bigger cap hit later.
3, the only 2 reasons a player renegotiates is to get more money upfront or an extension neither of which I would be willing to do for Peters.
I just don't get it. He isn't going to play for less and he isn't worried about getting cut.
Where's his incentive for doing this?

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be ok with that asside form the Cole Trade.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Trent Cole trade gets this mock a failing grade. Trading him isn't quite as stupid as the guy that traded Desean Jackson in a mock, but it's a dumb move for the same reason, dead money...
TRUTH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you have this one on standby just waiting for BK to get mentioned? Lol damn that was fast.
PhiCelek87

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
The Trent Cole trade gets this mock a failing grade. Trading him isn't quite as stupid as the guy that traded Desean Jackson in a mock, but it's a dumb move for the same reason, dead money...

Like I said, I'm not really sure about the dead money issue when it came to Cole - looking at Eagles Cap, it says the dead money is $6.4, but you're shaving $4.575 hit off anyway so you're really only taking a hit of 1.8+, which isn't too bad.

My math could possibly be wrong - I'm no cap expert... But I'd trade Trent and $1.8 hit for a couple of picks if we're switching to a 3-4, where he doesn't really fit.
TheKingDP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
3, the only 2 reasons a player renegotiates is to get more money upfront or an extension neither of which I would be willing to do for Peters.
I just don't get it. He isn't going to play for less and he isn't worried about getting cut.

Take this into consideration:

Jason Peters remaining contract is basically worth two years, $20.75m.
    His base salary in 2013 will be 10.4m, while he will also receive a $350k work-out bonus. His 2013 "cap number" will be 10.75m as a result. None of it is guaranteed. $0 Dead Money if Cut.
    His base salary in 2014 will be 9.65m, while he will also receive a $350k work-out bonus. His 2014 "cap number" will be 10.0m as a result. None of it is guaranteed. $0 Dead Money if Cut.
    Jason Peters is coming off of tearing his achilles tendon twice in the span of a few weeks. He is not guaranteed to be healthy in 2013. He was paid a base salary in 2012 of $7.9m for being on IR

The Eagles could, theoretically, offer Jason Peters a $3m singing bonus (up-front money that can be spread over the two seasons as an equal salary cap hit), while also converting his remaining two $350k work-out bonuses into that signing bonus, for a total of $3.7m to be paid up-front.
His $10.4m base salary would be reduced to $6.7m, while keeping his 2014 base salary at the original $9.65m. As an incentive, the Eagles could also choose to guarantee a portion of his 2013 salary, regardless if he plays a single down, or not, something along the lines of $3m. This will have no real effect upon his salary cap number, unless he is released in 2013 AFTER re-signing this proposed extension.

His new contract (actual pay) would look something like:
2013: $6.7m base salary + $3.7m signing bonus = $10.4m total money paid ($350k less than his 2013 total money paid of $10.75m) with $3 million guaranteed for injury.
2014: $9.65m base salary ($350k less than his 2014 total paid money of $10m) with no guaranteed salary.

The cap hits would look like:
2013: $6.7m base salary + 1.85m signing bonus pro-ration = $8.55m cap hit ($2.2m cap savings in 2013)
2014: $9.65m base salary + 1.85m signing bonus pro-ration = $11.5m cap hit ($1.5m cap increase in 2014). If cut, the Eagles would still have an overall cap savings of $9.65m for 2014 (Eagles would have saved $10m in 2014 by simply cutting him under old contract. A trivial difference of $350k.)

Basically, Jason Peters would be getting a $3.7 million dollar check cut to him up-front, and a basic guarantee that he will be on the 2013 Eagles roster. His actual "real money" paid from the Eagles would only be $750k less over the two years of the contract, but that would pretty much be off-set by providing Peters with cash up front, and basic job security for 2013. It's pretty much a win-win contract restructuring. Peters is basically guaranteed zero money in 2013 or 2014 under his current contract, and I'm pretty positive that this is a win-win for both parties involved. Anytime a football player is given a large check, and a guaranteed season, he's definitely winning. If said-player is also coming off tearing his achilles tendon twice in one off-season, it's a no-brainer.

And it only took me about 20 minutes to put this down on paper. The Eagles interviewed friggin Chip Kelly for 9 hours. I'm sure they can spend two or three to save an additional $2m+ in cap space for 2013.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah good stuff DP.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little FA heavy for me, but at first glance the draft looked solid.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
T-rade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Woah good stuff DP.

This..
The contract breakdown was excellent

The Other Dane
birdman0069

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKingDP wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:

Take this into consideration:

Jason Peters remaining contract is basically worth two years, $20.75m.
    His base salary in 2013 will be 10.4m, while he will also receive a $350k work-out bonus. His 2013 "cap number" will be 10.75m as a result. None of it is guaranteed. $0 Dead Money if Cut.
    His base salary in 2014 will be 9.65m, while he will also receive a $350k work-out bonus. His 2014 "cap number" will be 10.0m as a result. None of it is guaranteed. $0 Dead Money if Cut.
    Jason Peters is coming off of tearing his achilles tendon twice in the span of a few weeks. He is not guaranteed to be healthy in 2013. He was paid a base salary in 2012 of $7.9m for being on IR

The Eagles could, theoretically, offer Jason Peters a $3m singing bonus (up-front money that can be spread over the two seasons as an equal salary cap hit), while also converting his remaining two $350k work-out bonuses into that signing bonus, for a total of $3.7m to be paid up-front.
His $10.4m base salary would be reduced to $6.7m, while keeping his 2014 base salary at the original $9.65m. As an incentive, the Eagles could also choose to guarantee a portion of his 2013 salary, regardless if he plays a single down, or not, something along the lines of $3m. This will have no real effect upon his salary cap number, unless he is released in 2013 AFTER re-signing this proposed extension.

His new contract (actual pay) would look something like:
2013: $6.7m base salary + $3.7m signing bonus = $10.4m total money paid ($350k less than his 2013 total money paid of $10.75m) with $3 million guaranteed for injury.
2014: $9.65m base salary ($350k less than his 2014 total paid money of $10m) with no guaranteed salary.

The cap hits would look like:
2013: $6.7m base salary + 1.85m signing bonus pro-ration = $8.55m cap hit ($2.2m cap savings in 2013)
2014: $9.65m base salary + 1.85m signing bonus pro-ration = $11.5m cap hit ($1.5m cap increase in 2014). If cut, the Eagles would still have an overall cap savings of $9.65m for 2014 (Eagles would have saved $10m in 2014 by simply cutting him under old contract. A trivial difference of $350k.)

Basically, Jason Peters would be getting a $3.7 million dollar check cut to him up-front, and a basic guarantee that he will be on the 2013 Eagles roster. His actual "real money" paid from the Eagles would only be $750k less over the two years of the contract, but that would pretty much be off-set by providing Peters with cash up front, and basic job security for 2013. It's pretty much a win-win contract restructuring. Peters is basically guaranteed zero money in 2013 or 2014 under his current contract, and I'm pretty positive that this is a win-win for both parties involved. Anytime a football player is given a large check, and a guaranteed season, he's definitely winning. If said-player is also coming off tearing his achilles tendon twice in one off-season, it's a no-brainer.

And it only took me about 20 minutes to put this down on paper. The Eagles interviewed friggin Chip Kelly for 9 hours. I'm sure they can spend two or three to save an additional $2m+ in cap space for 2013.

You said it yourself. You have no idea what kind of player Peters is going to come back as. Right know you can cut him and not cost this team a dime. Why would you give him "free money" in terms of a signing bonus when you still would take a hit next year, although a small hit, if you were to get rid of him. His contract this season is very affordable. You make a decision as a front office.
1 we are going to draft a LT this season and plug him in, in which case you cut Peters.
2 we are going to let Peters play this season under his contract and if he returns to his all pro form, we will extend his contract 3 years and hopefully he ends his career here.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
PhiCelek87

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRUTH wrote:
Did you have this one on standby just waiting for BK to get mentioned? Lol damn that was fast.

Tweaked my Gus Bradley mock - basically I have all the cuts worked out and a lot of my drafts will stay the same at this point (until the combine), just slight tweaks here and there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: