Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles Interview Brian Kelly for HC Position
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
This could be epic! He seems like a no non sense guy and we have a bunch of idiots who are nothing but non sense. Hope this goes down and he cleans house and puts some of this soft head cases in there place.

You say "no nonsense" I say, "no loyalty"...

Every one is loyal to the dollar bro.

Why would he want to stay at a dump like Notre Dame when he can be the King of Philly?

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
This could be epic! He seems like a no non sense guy and we have a bunch of idiots who are nothing but non sense. Hope this goes down and he cleans house and puts some of this soft head cases in there place.

You say "no loyalty". I say "not surprising".

When he left UC for ND, he made it seem like he was there for good.... Dude isn't a bad coach but I dunno... can you trust him?

PM sig requests.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

You say "no loyalty". I say "not surprising".

When he left UC for ND, he made it seem like he was there for good.... Dude isn't a bad coach but I dunno... can you trust him?

We will just go through his phone when hes sleeping,..."Brian, Brian wake up wake up, who the hell is this ho Jerry Jones on yo phone!?"

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

Every one is loyal to the dollar bro.

Why would he want to stay at a dump like Notre Dame when he can be the King of Philly?

He made it seem like there was no place left for him to go after taking the ND job. I bet he's making pretty damn good money while he's there also. I just don't think he could be trusted and who's to say he'll succeed as an NFL coach?

Leave one of the most prestigious schools in the country where you've done very well to go to a league of uncertainty? I dunno.... He makes 2.6 mill at ND so the Eagles will have to fork out a hefty amount. I mean, to leave for the money, wouldn't you have to eclipse that number by a decently substantial amount? If you bump it up to 4 mill, cheaper than Reid's 5.5, but still a large amount for a guy w/ no NFL experience and obviously no loyalty... Doesn't seem right to me. Eagles could do better.

PM sig requests.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Chip, Brian will just use this as a bargaining tool to get a pay raise. It's a smart tactic for College coaches. How else can he get the increase. Go up to the ND's powers that be and ask for more because he took them somewhere they haven't been in two decades? Bargaining 101. Show you have more then one option out there willing to pay more. Those trying to bring loyalty into this are missing the bigger picture. College coaches are a joke to begin with. They jump ship at any and every opportunity to advance to a better school or to the pro level. Everyone to a man from the Saban's to the Kelly's to the Urbans of the college football have done this. They go into family's home and recruit young kids to come to their school only to leave a season or two later, it's a joke on a wide scale level. College coaches swap out HC posistions and schools like Vegas call girls do tricks. To get up in arms if Brian Kelly was to make the jump is not looking at the landscape of college football as a whole. It should be expected, at some point.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 6 Gm/ 27 Rec/ 445 Yds/ 4 TD/ 16.5 YPC/
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really is a good theory and a definite possibility.

PM sig requests.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not saying I endorse the move in any way, but apparently the interest is heating up from both sides:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/769/eagles-offense
Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on NFL Live Wednesday that Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly's talks with the Eagles went "pretty well," and indicated Kelly has genuine interest in the Philly job.
Quote:
Everyone is assuming Kelly is "using" the Eagles to get more money from Notre Dame. Schefter cautions that's not necessarily the case.
Quote:
"I know there are people who believe ... that this is nothing more than a leverage play," Schefter said. "But the fact of the matter is he has a 12-1 record. He got Notre Dame back to where it wanted to go. And the people who are familiar with that situation believe he has all the leverage he needs anyway, with or without the Eagles. He's interested. He's gonna continue to talk to the Eagles ... and then he'll have to make a decision about whether or not he's ready to jump to the NFL."

Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm scared, he could stay at ND.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
TommyC376

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
I'm scared, he could stay at ND.
Good.

Lol but seriously I like Philly so I would be upset if he left ND, but its all good.

Location: Hell. The only place where the devil's advocate can reside.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite the turnaround. Saturday he said in an interview that he hasn't even thought of leaving and how he hasn't talked with anyone. 3 days later, he's already interviewed with the Eagles and has set up another meeting after he suddenly goes on vacation.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 different schools, he all made Them Winners. With different methods, yet he still scares mé.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worry that his coaching style won't really translate to the NFL... Very confrontational.
The Cryptkeeper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
I worry that his coaching style won't really translate to the NFL... Very confrontational.

He's the kind of coach that can inspire a quick turnaround, but the act will wear thin over time.
BBIB

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cryptkeeper wrote:
WhackyPlague wrote:

He's the kind of coach that can inspire a quick turnaround, but the act will wear thin over time.

Like Rex Ryan?
green24

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
The Cryptkeeper wrote:
WhackyPlague wrote:

Like Rex Ryan?

Not really. They are pretty much opposites. Results wise, possibly.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: