Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DC.com Articles: 4-3, Ryan, Changes, Keep or Cut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't want to start a new thread, but here's a breakdown of the guards (and really the o-line in general) by Broaddus

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-BryanBroaddusBlog/Broaddus-Answer-Pretty-Clear-When-Evaluating-Both-Guards/e3643a46-0444-4ff3-a3fd-a9584ffd7334

A few interesting tidbits

Quote:
There are those of you reading this are not going to like what I am about the say but it is my honest view, Nate Livings was not a better player than Mackenzy Bernadeau

Quote:
*snip*but I thought that Cook and Free struggled far more on this line.*snip*

^^^Deadpulse
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
I didn't want to start a new thread, but here's a breakdown of the guards (and really the o-line in general) by Broaddus

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-BryanBroaddusBlog/Broaddus-Answer-Pretty-Clear-When-Evaluating-Both-Guards/e3643a46-0444-4ff3-a3fd-a9584ffd7334

Quote:
There are those of you reading this are not going to like what I am about the say but it is my honest view, Nate Livings was not a better player than Mackenzy Bernadeau

Quote:

I read that this morning. It was very telling, and supported what a lot of us said: we need to replace 4 of the 5 guys on the offensive line.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

I read that this morning. It was very telling, and supported what a lot of us said: we need to replace 4 of the 5 guys on the offensive line.

Which I don't see us doing in one off-season...unless the draft unfolds in our favor.

^^^Deadpulse
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Which I don't see us doing in one off-season...unless the draft unfolds in our favor.

I don't see it happening, either, but it doesn't change the fact that we need to improve 80% of the o-line.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
I don't see it happening, either, but it doesn't change the fact that we need to improve 80% of the o-line.

No doubt. If we could get away with finding one new OG and a new center or tackle, I'd be happy.

^^^Deadpulse
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like BB and if he says Livings wasn't better than Burningadeuce then I'll take his word for it. Sadly both cost more to cut than to keep so they'll both be back - one can only hope it's as backups (though I highly doubt it and imagine we keep both as starters and only replace RT and then draft a guy to groom in the 3rd day at G)

Sig courtesy of mack.
Captain Zapp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Free, Bernardeau, and Livings will all be back next year in some roll due to their cap numbers. Cook is a FA iirc and Costa isnt the answer. I think that makes center the highest priority on the list. Unfortunately there is not a center in this years draft worth the #18 overall pick. If Warmack isnt availabe at #18 you shouldnt get your hopes up about an OL in the first round. Even if he is I wouldnt be shocked if the team tries to trade down or opts to select a defensive player instead.
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the team will experiment with Free at OG. He's athletic enough to play the position and he might work better in a more confined space.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: