Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DC.com Articles: 4-3, Ryan, Changes, Keep or Cut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HDsportsfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Jerry is indeed pushing Garrett to give up play calling duties. As I said, Garrett spoke out of both sides of his mouth when he said he wasn't going to do it. Here's the link...from TODAY:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/12/mort-jones-is-pushing-garrett-to-give-up-play-calling-duties/

Quote:
According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, owner Jerry Jones is pushing coach Jason Garrett to relinquish play-calling duties. Per Mort, Jones also may be trying to get Garrett to fire his brother, tight ends coach John Garrett.

Mort says John Garrett is calling around the league regarding other available jobs. Which could indeed means that John Garrett fears his brother will fire him.

It also could mean that the Princeton-educated Garretts sense that Jones is trying to provoke a showdown that will result in Jason Garrett leaving as the head coach without Jones flat-out firing him.

Matts, this was the issue I was talking about the other day. I just can't/don't trust Garrett at his word because we don't know what his position on things really is. He's like a politician and says anything to make anyone who is listening happy.

If JJ doesn't want Redball then he should just fire him. Otherwise that is the dumbest freaking way to address that I've ever seen. To keeping waiting is just ignorant. The longer we wiat the fewer options we have. Unless we look at someone that is still in the playoffs.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Jerry is indeed pushing Garrett to give up play calling duties. As I said, Garrett spoke out of both sides of his mouth when he said he wasn't going to do it. Here's the link...from TODAY:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/12/mort-jones-is-pushing-garrett-to-give-up-play-calling-duties/

Quote:
According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, owner Jerry Jones is pushing coach Jason Garrett to relinquish play-calling duties. Per Mort, Jones also may be trying to get Garrett to fire his brother, tight ends coach John Garrett.

Mort says John Garrett is calling around the league regarding other available jobs. Which could indeed means that John Garrett fears his brother will fire him.

It also could mean that the Princeton-educated Garretts sense that Jones is trying to provoke a showdown that will result in Jason Garrett leaving as the head coach without Jones flat-out firing him.

Matts, this was the issue I was talking about the other day. I just can't/don't trust Garrett at his word because we don't know what his position on things really is. He's like a politician and says anything to make anyone who is listening happy.

Couldn't agree more Plan. Garrett has put himself into question 1 because of bad to mediocre coaching and 2 not taking accountability.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:

Quote:

I read the article the other day. I chose not to post it because I thought it was an attempt at sports "yellow" journalism. I think we have all known that Garrett/Jones have had conversations about bringing in a play caller. There has been at least ~25 articles in the last 18 months on that topic.

But in typical Mike Florio fashion, he turns that into trying to get Garrett to quit, so that Jones can save face and hire Kiffin. Rolling Eyes

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Props go to WH for finding these articles:

Quote:
Myth No. 1: Jerry Jones loves drafting skill position players.

In the first three rounds of the draft from 1991-2011, the Cowboys spent only 16.1% of their draft picks on skill position players. This is the lowest value in the league.

Myth #3: The Cowboys have neglected drafting linemen.

In fact, as Tony Violetti also shows, the Cowboys spent 34, or 20%, of their 170 draft picks between 1992 and 2011 on offensive lineman. That percentage is the highest of any team in the league. The Cowboys may not have been particularly good at picking linemen, or they may have let a couple of good ones slip through their fingers, but they did draft more than any other team.

Myth # 5: The Cowboys love drafting players from Texas

In their 51-year franchise history, the Cowboys have not shown a propensity for drafting players out of Texas-based programs. In fact, of the top ten schools as ranked ny number of Cowboys draft picks, only two are from Texas

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/1/9/2686828/dallas-cowboys-draft-myths-debunked

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone has posted it yet, but there is a lot of buzz on Twitter about Sparano likely joining the Cowboys staff. Perhaps as TE coach.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've definitely argued in the past that Jerry "neglecting" the offensive line is serious forum-fiction- rather, it's that the team's investments haven't paid off. Nice to be backed up by the stats. Felix being the only Arkansas player is pretty interesting, too. The rest of the article doesn't do much for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I don't know if anyone has posted it yet, but there is a lot of buzz on Twitter about Sparano likely joining the Cowboys staff. Perhaps as TE coach.

Really? Who do you follow over there? I see nothing. TE coach seems like a strange fit. I would figure OL or some OC capacity.

^^Kiltman^^
Ace5 wrote:
OH GOD ITS ALL OVER THE WALLS.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

TE coach and Passing game Coordinator would be interesting (same as John Garretts role).

I still am interested in who will be the play caller.

Do we go back to the 07 system? Sparano gives RG suggestions for calls to play?

plan9misfit wrote:

Matts4313

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

Really? Who do you follow over there? I see nothing. TE coach seems like a strange fit. I would figure OL or some OC capacity.

He was our TE coach and assistant HC under Parcells.

plan9misfit wrote:

HDsportsfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

From a HC to an OC and then to a possible TE coach. I'm not sure what that means if anything, just find it interesting. Of course the Jets effort was hopeless to begin with.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:

Quote:

In the first three rounds of the draft from 1991-2011, the Cowboys spent only 16.1% of their draft picks on skill position players. This is the lowest value in the league.

In fact, as Tony Violetti also shows, the Cowboys spent 34, or 20%, of their 170 draft picks between 1992 and 2011 on offensive lineman. That percentage is the highest of any team in the league. The Cowboys may not have been particularly good at picking linemen, or they may have let a couple of good ones slip through their fingers, but they did draft more than any other team.

In their 51-year franchise history, the Cowboys have not shown a propensity for drafting players out of Texas-based programs. In fact, of the top ten schools as ranked ny number of Cowboys draft picks, only two are from Texas

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/1/9/2686828/dallas-cowboys-draft-myths-debunked

Applause Applause Applause

Great find, WH.
G-osh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

Awesome! I want Sparano to help with the play-calling, and also help bring in Jake Long. Very Happy
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Quote:

Great find, WH.

All the FACTS right there but someone will say its not true Smile we've heard it before so many times Smile Looks like Matty Ice is gonna get the win. I rather see Atl then SF in Superbowl
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

He was our TE coach and assistant HC under Parcells.

I don't remember who said it. I would have posted it, but I saw it on my phone while I was out of the house.

Also saw that it's not a lock. Apparently Sparano will be interviewing with Reid in KC.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Quote:

Great find, WH.

All the FACTS right there but someone will say its not true Smile we've heard it before so many times Smile Looks like Matty Ice is gonna get the win. I rather see Atl then SF in Superbowl

Spoke too soon, Nice job Seattle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: