Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Raider Watch Mock Draft (Jan.) V.6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Play4Blood

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brisiel is still on the team. This mock is invalid.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Man. These mocks are getting so cliche. Everyone has Hawthorne, Mauti, Quan Smith and the URFA Cocker in them. Why not Boyett?

I don't like Joeckle with Veldheer being a decent LT.

The defense lacks playmakers are every position and the solution is to draft Oline w/ the first 2 picks? No thanks! Need some fresh blood on D.

w00t a draftnik! Boyett had a great year he's just small for me although I really like his athleticism. I never heard of him before Stoney Brook.

Since when does being "decent" preclude someones position in the draft? Yes Veldheer is OK at LT. I think he can be great at RT. Yes Wiz was OK at LG. I think he can be great at OC.

The Raiders defense is abysmal and definitely needs an infusion of youth however all of the Raiders deficiencies cannot be addressed in one off-season. The Raiders need to take the BPA at 3.

Why do you think was Veldheer only decent and OK this season?

Admittedly, Veldheer was solid. However it would prevent me from drafting Joeckel assuming he tested off the charts at the Combine.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Where was McFadden and our running game most effective? In the power scheme. Fluker and Warmack are DOMINANT run blockers in that scheme. And if you can't run the ball you can't play action pass. Who cares if it isn't sexy. We need to be able to utilize our best weapon in DMC.

With virtually the same personel we had last season on the offensive line in the power blocking scheme McFadden was averaging 2.1 more ypc and 30 more yards per game running the ball. I agree we need to move back to the PBS and upgrade the interior of our offensive line but at the same time taking two guards with our first two picks when we have so many holes on the defensive side of the ball doesn't really make sense.

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
And slim down my butt. The kid did it in the most competitive league on the best team in the nation and had a part in two national championships. Fluler is just fine the way he is if he is moved to OG.

Fluker would benefit from dropping a few pounds, watch the Western Kentucky tape and tell me he wouldn't. Quanterus Smith, a player that Fluker had 90 pounds on, was literally just running around him the entire game.

Tape schmape, yadda yadda yadda. It was one bad set of plays. Its not like he got dominated the entire game. Watch the whole rest of the season for a bigger sample size. I crack up when people wanna make a case off of one game. The kid was a major part of an OL that won two national championships after going through the SEC.

And those two are better than anything we had this year or in 2011.

Raider X hooked me with the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: