Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Raider Watch Mock Draft (Jan.) V.6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chali21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

Lewan is stronger than Joeckel though and I think he's more scheme versatile too.

Let's move back a few slots, acquire another pick or two, select Lewan in the first round and Kyle Long in the third or fourth and we have a solid young offensive line.

How do you know Lewan is stronger than Joeckel???

I'm all for moving back, but why is everyone so high on Kyle Long who didn't even start?

His last name. Everyone hopes that we get a long on our team even if he may not be good.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
So if we are letting a known quantity at TE walk because of supposed poor blocking skills, then why are we going to sign a free agent with the same problem? I would much rather keep Myers because we know that he can get open, catch the ball and move the chains.

Good point. Myers offers NOTHING in terms of YAC, short area elusiveness or tackle breaking. In CarMichael's offense runblocking is less of a necessity however Myers, who didn't create his own space and is more or less a product of a jettisoned Knapp's system, will want a raise based on last year's performance. Which TE most closely emulates NO's Jimmy Graham?

Say what you want about Myers but all I saw the kid do was get open and move the chains. He may not be the WR/TE hybrid in terms of productivity and his ability to break tackles and get the YAC you want. But he does his job and he does it well. And that is what you want from your TE, a solid guy that can act as a safety valve for your QB. If you want YAC get the ball to the WR's and RB's. That is what they get paid for.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

Lewan is stronger than Joeckel though and I think he's more scheme versatile too.

Let's move back a few slots, acquire another pick or two, select Lewan in the first round and Kyle Long in the third or fourth and we have a solid young offensive line.

How do you know Lewan is stronger than Joeckel???

I'm all for moving back, but why is everyone so high on Kyle Long who didn't even start?

His last name. Everyone hopes that we get a long on our team even if he may not be good.

Unless we get him in the 6th round, I could do without Long. Not because he is a bad kid or anything. But he just doesn't have the kind of experience we want on our OL.

I would rather trade back and take OG Chance Warmack in the first then take DJ Fluker in the 2nd. I would no problem moving the 6-6, 335 lb. Fluker inside to OG where he would dominate in the run game in the PBS and be protected in pass pro. Nothing like OT experience in your OG's.

Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd really want us to select two offensive guards with a 1st and a 2nd round pick in that scenario?

I'm not really sure how well Fluker would fair as a guard either. He'll need to trim down his weight and clean up his footwork some.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
You'd really want us to select two offensive guards with a 1st and a 2nd round pick in that scenario?

I'm not really sure how well Fluker would fair as a guard either. He'll need to trim down his weight and clean up his footwork some.

I'd keep Fluker as a right tackle. Power blocking scheme those are some hogs on the line
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait we restructure Palmer and resigned Lienart. OMG.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:

I had Lienart resigning as a 3rd string QB. You and Doclew are jumping to conclusions.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:

Where was McFadden and our running game most effective? In the power scheme. Fluker and Warmack are DOMINANT run blockers in that scheme. And if you can't run the ball you can't play action pass. Who cares if it isn't sexy. We need to be able to utilize our best weapon in DMC.

And slim down my butt. The kid did it in the most competitive league on the best team in the nation and had a part in two national championships. Fluler is just fine the way he is if he is moved to OG.

DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

I had Lienart resigning as a 3rd string QB. You and Doclew are jumping to conclusions.

You didn't say that initially. But even still, I wouldn't even want the guy as my 4th stringer who just held for kicks. Confused

JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid effort put into this, Bagga but it's nothing I wouldn't expect.

PM sig requests.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Man. These mocks are getting so cliche. Everyone has Hawthorne, Mauti, Quan Smith and the URFA Cocker in them. Why not Boyett?

I don't like Joeckle with Veldheer being a decent LT.

The defense lacks playmakers are every position and the solution is to draft Oline w/ the first 2 picks? No thanks! Need some fresh blood on D.

w00t a draftnik! Boyett had a great year he's just small for me although I really like his athleticism. I never heard of him before Stoney Brook.

Since when does being "decent" preclude someones position in the draft? Yes Veldheer is OK at LT. I think he can be great at RT. Yes Wiz was OK at LG. I think he can be great at OC.

The Raiders defense is abysmal and definitely needs an infusion of youth however all of the Raiders deficiencies cannot be addressed in one off-season. The Raiders need to take the BPA at 3.

I personally don't see Veldheer at RT. So that's my hesitation with the LT pick. I also am starting to question if Joeckle is 'great'. There are some flaws to his game I'm not liking.

I agree the Raiders need to take the BPA at 3. I honestly don't have an issue addressing the Oline. You have to win upfront. But the defense just can't be ignored in the draft early if your Oakland.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Man. These mocks are getting so cliche. Everyone has Hawthorne, Mauti, Quan Smith and the URFA Cocker in them. Why not Boyett?

The defense lacks playmakers are every position and the solution is to draft Oline w/ the first 2 picks? No thanks! Need some fresh blood on D.

agree.

luke is great but imo LT isnt a need right now.

love the fa pick ups

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

w00t a draftnik! Boyett had a great year he's just small for me although I really like his athleticism. I never heard of him before Stoney Brook.

Since when does being "decent" preclude someones position in the draft? Yes Veldheer is OK at LT. I think he can be great at RT. Yes Wiz was OK at LG. I think he can be great at OC.

The Raiders defense is abysmal and definitely needs an infusion of youth however all of the Raiders deficiencies cannot be addressed in one off-season. The Raiders need to take the BPA at 3.

Why do you think was Veldheer only decent and OK this season?
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Where was McFadden and our running game most effective? In the power scheme. Fluker and Warmack are DOMINANT run blockers in that scheme. And if you can't run the ball you can't play action pass. Who cares if it isn't sexy. We need to be able to utilize our best weapon in DMC.

With virtually the same personel we had last season on the offensive line in the power blocking scheme McFadden was averaging 2.1 more ypc and 30 more yards per game running the ball. I agree we need to move back to the PBS and upgrade the interior of our offensive line but at the same time taking two guards with our first two picks when we have so many holes on the defensive side of the ball doesn't really make sense.

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
And slim down my butt. The kid did it in the most competitive league on the best team in the nation and had a part in two national championships. Fluler is just fine the way he is if he is moved to OG.

Fluker would benefit from dropping a few pounds, watch the Western Kentucky tape and tell me he wouldn't. Quanterus Smith, a player that Fluker had 90 pounds on, was literally just running around him the entire game.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-No point in bringing Leinart back with Knapp gone. Useless.

-Joeckel...I've been with the idea of moving JV to RT and having franchise bookends, but with us lacking so much talent on D I'd rather get pass rush.

-The Cook move is solid given your offense. He flashes some great athleticism but the consistency is what concerns me.

-Larry Grant.. Not sold on him given the talent the Niners have. Over here he could be no better than Gaither.

- Safety...I really hope we can find an upgrade at SS. Mitchell will never live up to the 2nd round pick we spent on him. Pretty limited player. Just a hard hitter and blitzer. Can't replace everyone in one offseason but Mitchell and Branch both returning leaves me uneasy. Pray for better depth at least at both FS and SS.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: