Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Shoffma1999's Mock Offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How's it look?
A
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
B
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
C
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
D
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
F
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

shoffma1999

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Shoffma1999's Mock Offseason Reply with quote

General Manager:

Marc Ross - NYG Director of College Scouting

Ross gives us a young guy who has a solid track record for scouting. Banner would like him because he can put him under his thumb a little given his youth, and his first shot at being a GM.

Head Coach:

Mike Zimmer - CIN Defensive Coordinator

Zimmer gives us the pull no punches aggressively minded HC Brown's fans have been screaming for. We would steal him from a division rival, and we would be able to keep the 4-3 defense.

Defensive Coordinator:

- Jauron - CLE Defensive Coordinator

Keeping Jauron would provide a sense of stability for our defense. Zimmer and Jauron working hand in hand would likely give us a top 5 defense year in and year out. Maybe a long shot to retain him, but it would nice.

Offensive Coordinator:

Chad O'Shea - NE Wide Receivers Coach

O'Shea has worked wonders with some relatively mediocre talent at the WR position for NE since 2009. He has studied under some of the great offensive minds in the game (Belichick and McDaniels).

Free Agent Signings:

1.) Michael Johnson - DE, CIN 6'7" 270 lbs.

Johnson follows Zimmer and gets a good payday. He would immediately give us a young duo at DE that offenses would fear.

2.) Jarius Byrd - FS, BUF 5'10" 203 lbs.

Byrd gives us two big splashes in free agency, and then we are done, largely resigning our own players and filling in with the draft and lower tier FA's. Byrd pairs with Ward to form one of the best safety duo's in the league.

Draft:

TRADE: Browns pick up a 2nd round pick by trading down to #9 with the NYJ who look to jump ARI and BUF to nab their choice at QB.

1.) Jarvis Jones - OLB, Georgia 6'3" 241 lbs.

Jones is a bit of a risk due to injury concerns, which is why he falls to #9. Jones give us an absolute terror to play SOLB outside of Sheard, which will give offenses fits protecting their QB. He is probably the most fear inducing guy in the draft.

2.) D.J. Fluker - OG/OT, Alabama 6'6" 335 lbs.

Fluker is an absolute monster. He is probably the best run blocker in the draft. He has some mobility, but I project he could move to OG and play at an all-pro level. He would pair with either Thomas or Schwartz and Mack to form an impressive wall.

3.) Desmond Trufant - CB, Washington 6'0" 186 lbs.

Trufant gives us a versatile CB who can come in and start opposite Haden. He presents a value at this point, and would likely thrive behind our newly bolstered pass rush.

4.) Zac Dysert - QB, Miami (OH) 6'4" 228 lbs.

Dysert gives us a young QB to try and develop behind Weeden. Dysert could be a diamond in the rough. He has good accuracy, pocket presence, and mobility. Decent enough arm.

5.) Tyrann Mathieu - CB, LSU 5'9" 175 lbs.

Falls due to his size and off field concerns. Still, he is a play maker and would be a solid Nickle or Dime CB who could also bring some value on special teams and as a blitzing slot CB.

6.) Philip Lutzenkirchen - TE, Auburn 6'5" 255 lbs.

Lutzenkirchen is a good blocking TE with some receiving ability that has yet to be tapped due to the poor QB play at Auburn since Cam Newton left. He was 2nd team all SEC, and ranks first for TE's in TD's at Auburn.

7.) Ryan Allen - P, Louisiana Tech 6'2" 215 lbs.

Allen gives us a strong and reliable punter who can pin offenses back. Hodges is good, but I don't trust his injury history. It is worth it in my mind to bring in a guy in the late rounds who could turn out to be a quality starter for a number of years.

- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love everything except Dysert

Other than that, it's perfect

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad in my opinion.

Peace!!

Sig By Kempes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mark83

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this draft, and if you think the QB can be a potential franchise type by letting him sit then I like it a lot. If we was able to get Byrd, and Johnson in free agency and a OG in the 2nd, you have taken care of all our major needs and I like Zimmer. Like you said he seems like a no nonsense guy and for all of our Romeo and Shurmur baby like mentality I say go get him, and if you are not producing bye bye.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I literally just went from 6 to midnight.

This would blow my mind.

Finish the Dline
Finish the LB
Finish the secondary
Grab a stud OG to damn near finish possibly the best Oline in the game
Grab my favorite unheralded QB prospect
Grab the malcontent that could turn out to be a steal
Grab a very underrated TE
Grab a new Punter.

I love you

Only thing that remotely scares me is Jones health.

I'd be fine switching Jones to Banks or Millner and going LB in the 3rd.

#JDI
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byrd probably stays in Buffalo and Jauron would likely be out if Zimmer is in. Aside from these two inequalities I'd be pumped with this draft, although I'm not entirely sold on Dysert.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could get down with this, only change I would make is instead of Lutzy, I would Go Michael Williams

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Fullback40

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this draft other than the fact that Mathieu won't be there at that pick.

Make 4th round-----Tyrann Mathieu FS
Make 5th round-----Levine Toilolo TE
Make 6th round-----Sean Renfree QB
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who plays corner? I have seen Trufant shut down his man and get toasted alive all game. He is inconsistant at best.

I don't like drafting a 24 year old rookie with a spinal condition. So I'd change it to Dee Milliner then 3rd round linebacker like Khaseem Greene if he falls or some guys who I see rising Sio Moore or DeVonte Holloman.

That would be perfect.

Jamison on the sig
BocaRatonBrown1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spinal Stenosis is going to drop Jones all the way down to #20++
shoffma1999

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the concerns with Jones. However, Rob Gronkowski has an even worse back condition, which I believe has already necessitated a spinal fusion. He is tearing it up. I also think keeping Jones at OLB in the 4-3 would protect him from some of the wear and tear. As far as CB, I believe Trufant and any free agents we bring in would solid enough with our pass rush and new safety duo to still give us a good secondary. I did think about draft Milliner in the 1st, an OLB in the 2nd, and OG in the 3rd, but I liked it this way better. Wasn't sure Milliner would make it to #9 either.

- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it and I think Honeybadger very well might be there. I know he'll be on the board a lot longer than some think.

Vince Lombardi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: