Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Washington D.C. Major Wants Name Change for Was. Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daineraider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
daineraider wrote:
Just like when people call me white. I get so mad cuz really I'm mote of a peach color than white.

Seriously you over sensitive people what is going on. It's like your offended if an Indian isn't offended by redskin. Why should they be ashamed of their skin. I don't understand why everyone is so upset about it. Be proud of who you are and what color you are.

Try this exersize for the next week. Whenever you come across a black person, call them a blackskin. If they ask why, give them the explanation you just gave.

I understand what you are saying but its not like you call anybody by their skin or race. You call people by their name and you judge people for who they are. At least that's how I do things. I don't care what color you are but white people are called white all the time. And black people are called black all the time.
And its not like its a name they are just coming out with. It's been there for a long time and now all of a sudden its insulting. I see arguments for both sides but just don't get why everyone is so upset about it. We can't change our skin color so we might as well be proud of it and accept it. I think being offended by redskin is more offensive than the name itself.

Sigged by Jamison
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Yeah I am looking at the Wikipedia page 'List of ethnic slurs.' It's right there. Redskin.

What about fighting irish?

Nope

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
nixa37

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Why would you think nobody has talked to them? I had plenty of native friends in the military. And they were pretty offended by it. Thats how my opinion was shaped. Those were my friends. So is my opinion on the matter validated now?

I have yet to see one poll showing anything close to a majority of Native Americans wanting it changed. I posted a link earlier to a poll cited in a USA Today article where only 9% of the Native Americans asked said they found the term Redskin offensive.

Personally, I'm more inclined to believe a poll than your anecdotal evidence based on your friends.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
daineraider wrote:
Just like when people call me white. I get so mad cuz really I'm mote of a peach color than white.

Seriously you over sensitive people what is going on. It's like your offended if an Indian isn't offended by redskin. Why should they be ashamed of their skin. I don't understand why everyone is so upset about it. Be proud of who you are and what color you are.

Try this exersize for the next week. Whenever you come across a black person, call them a blackskin. If they ask why, give them the explanation you just gave.

I understand what you are saying but its not like you call anybody by their skin or race. You call people by their name and you judge people for who they are. At least that's how I do things. I don't care what color you are but white people are called white all the time. And black people are called black all the time.
And its not like its a name they are just coming out with. It's been there for a long time and now all of a sudden its insulting. I see arguments for both sides but just don't get why everyone is so upset about it. We can't change our skin color so we might as well be proud of it and accept it. I think being offended by redskin is more offensive than the name itself.

It isnt like it's "just now" become insulting. This isnt a 2013 issue.

CK on the sig
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixa37 wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Why would you think nobody has talked to them? I had plenty of native friends in the military. And they were pretty offended by it. Thats how my opinion was shaped. Those were my friends. So is my opinion on the matter validated now?

I have yet to see one poll showing anything close to a majority of Native Americans wanting it changed. I posted a link earlier to a poll cited in a USA Today article where only 9% of the Native Americans asked said they found the term Redskin offensive.

Personally, I'm more inclined to believe a poll than your anecdotal evidence based on your friends.

Fair enough. The poll says it.

CK on the sig
nixa37

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
nixa37 wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:

Fair enough. The poll says it.

I mean it's not like we're talking about a poll from a biased source here. It was conducted by University of Pennsylvania's National Annenberg Election Survey and the results were carried in USA Today. It is somewhat old information (interviews were 8-9 years ago), and like I said if newer polls did show the support more along lines of 1/3 of Native Americans wanting it changed, then let's do it. If the Redskins want to change it, they're free to do so. I just don't want it to be changed because people just think Native Americans find it offensive, when a large majority don't.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: