Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bouchette on the 2013 Steeler Oline
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
at23steelers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@43: Even realizing Maurkice's major inconsistencies, to me as I ranked him he's still the #2 best offensive lineman on our team. So, all our guy's obviously have weaknesses, but he is stil the 2nd best from our young bunch. I think DD and Adams have the potential to surpass him though, but like I said they all have such varied positions it's tough to compare all of them. What I tried to do to rank them is if I chose to start them, how comfortable would I feel about it? Legursky strictly as a center I feel more comfortable with than Colon at guard or Gilbert at right tackle. Gilbert sometimes appears too slow from his stance, and Colon stopping a drive when we gain momentum due to his penalties scares me too!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo is the 2nd best OL, and at times, he is the best. However, Starks has been more consistent over the last two years, and this is coming from someone who loathed Starks for several years.

Mo NEEDS to get stronger in the running game. Until he does, I will continue to be critical of him. A center that cant consistently run block can never be considered great.
Mason Storm

Location: Hmm fire Tomlin of course y didnt i think of that oh yea because thats stupid.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take his analysis with a grain of salt. When they are winning look out when their losing the sky is falling.

^ TommyC376 sig n avy^
"You know your a parent when you pay $120 for your kid to watch something live thats on tv for free"
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Mo is the 2nd best OL, and at times, he is the best. However, Starks has been more consistent over the last two years, and this is coming from someone who loathed Starks for several years.

Mo NEEDS to get stronger in the running game. Until he does, I will continue to be critical of him. A center that cant consistently run block can never be considered great.

Maybe my expectations for him are too high since he was a former #1 pick and one of the best center prospects to be drafted in years, but to me he should be, by now, be playing at an elite level in regards to the center position. He had a very nice rookie year but it seems he has not taken that next step to get to the next level. His play seems to have leveled off. He's one of the top centers but I really want more out of him and not to be so inconsistent for a player of his caliber. How many times did we see low snaps from him in the shotgun formation? To me things like that shouldn't happen as often as they do. He has room to improve and I hope that next season he will show that he is the best center in the league by merit and not just because of his name. He's still one of my favorite Steelers though.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
kethnaab

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mosteelers wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
If the game was whatever lineman fell to the ground first, Colon would win every time!! If the rule was whatever lineman fell to the ground 10 seconds after the play is over, Kemo would win every time!! Maybe they think there's gold on the ground!! Laughing Laughing

Btw, how would you rate our offensive lineman overall from who we have now? Here's my list, assuming they're healthy:

1. Starks
2. Pouncey
3. Adams
4. Foster
5. Beachum
6. Decastro (I assume, by default. i think he'll be much higher but right now, he's this low)
7. Legursky at center
8. Colon
9. Gilbert

Tough since they play different positions, and I might be crazy. But that's my general list. Decastro is tough because he has the most potential, but not much productivity with his injury and all.

This list makes me laugh. Ridiculously bad.

why?

I'd probably switch Gilbert and Legursky, but nothing all that funny about it. Kinda nauseating, really. Sad
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Actually, I bring up Pouncey's positives a good bit. Ive mentioned his pass blocking being great most of the year, but his run blocking was very mediocre most of the time. Supporters are allowed to be critical. Ive been quite critical of Troy and LeBeau and they are two of my all time favorites.

Collinsworth is clueless. He isnt a supporter or a homer. He just pimps random players as being great even if they are just crappy players having decent games. Seriously...Collinsworth is rare critical about anyone.

As far as repeating what I said...it was an effort to explain that Im still a supporter, just not a homer. It wasnt to convince anyone to share my feelings on Mo.

I must just have not seen you mentioning his positives giving me the inaccurate impression. I apologise.

I know about Collinsworth haha, it kind of shows that even though he wrongly made the pro bowl first team that coaches and players around the league do rate him quite highly though.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
The Curtain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any time you watch a Steelers game the announcers refer to Pouncey as "the best C in the NFL" which is pretty crazy.

Is it fair to say he's bad at run blocking, though? Our line in general is terrible at run blocking. Maybe he would be better if he had support and didn't have to take other people's assignments?
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say hats off to Beachum. I was really worried about him playing as a rookie being such a late pick, but man did he ever step up. Sure he had the normal rookie mental errors with penalties and failed on a few blocks but overall, the guy played great and did a really good job filling in on the line. Imo, he earned every bit of playing time he got and gets in the future.

Edit: I would really like/prefer Beachum to be a backup, he's a solid offensive line and makes me, as a fan, feel a lot better about what we have in our backups. Really hoping Legursky is back as well.
rrize24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea of having a starting offensive line with combined 8 total years of experience, and 4 of the projected starters have had some sort of serious injury (not to mention the numerous surgeries), is concerning. The most important factor has to be the new offensive line coach and better off season conditioning. Too much regression under Kugler, most notably Pouncey and Gilbert. Hopefully the Steelers find an excellent OL coach and don't settle for average.

^ ^ ^
Props to DAWG24 on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: