Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bouchette on the 2013 Steeler Oline
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelProven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Pouncey - He gets over hyped but always comes to play
2. Starks - Constantly tossed aside every year but always comes through
3. Adams - Showed that he's worth the risk
4. Foster - Isn't overly specatular, but steady
5. Beachum - Didn't have much faith in him, but he proved himself
6. Gilbert - Some dislike him, but I believe he'll be out of his slump next yr
7.DeCastro - Had some moments but not enough to rank higher
8. Legursky - Is well overmatched at OG, but more then adequate OC
9. Colon - I love Colon leadership abilities I wish that it translated to talent on the field.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
9. Colon - I love Colon leadership abilities I wish that it translated to talent on the field.

No way Pouncey is higher than Starks.

Starks has been notably better the last two years, and this is coming from one of Mo's biggest supporters.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
at23steelers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@43 Is my list as bad as Mo says it is? It's hard when 3 rookies play for such limited amounts of time compared to veterans who absolutely are beyond mediocrity or worse.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mosteelers wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
If the game was whatever lineman fell to the ground first, Colon would win every time!! If the rule was whatever lineman fell to the ground 10 seconds after the play is over, Kemo would win every time!! Maybe they think there's gold on the ground!! Laughing Laughing

Btw, how would you rate our offensive lineman overall from who we have now? Here's my list, assuming they're healthy:

1. Starks
2. Pouncey
3. Adams
4. Foster
5. Beachum
6. Decastro (I assume, by default. i think he'll be much higher but right now, he's this low)
7. Legursky at center
8. Colon
9. Gilbert

Tough since they play different positions, and I might be crazy. But that's my general list. Decastro is tough because he has the most potential, but not much productivity with his injury and all.

This list makes me laugh. Ridiculously bad.

Very insightful comment.

How is his list bad? Its actually pretty on the money. Even if you dont agree with it, it certainly isnt nearly as bad as you make it out to be.

Or do you still have a love affair with Colon and cant handle seeing him near the bottom....where he belongs.

MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

Starks has been notably better the last two years, and this is coming from one of Mo's biggest supporters.

I'm not sure, you seem to be saying how average he is more times than not or how overrated he is (which he probably is but still not something one of his biggest supporters would be saying at nearly every opportunity).

EDIT: Not supposed to come across as picking a fight, I just meant there will be people who blindly believe him to be the best. Or maybe genuinely do, who knows

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"

Last edited by MightyJoeYoung on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
@43 Is my list as bad as Mo says it is? It's hard when 3 rookies play for such limited amounts of time compared to veterans who absolutely are beyond mediocrity or worse.

Strong moment for you.

"The King Stay the King"
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

I'm not sure, you seem to be saying how average he is more times than not or how overrated he is (which he probably is but still not something one of his biggest supporters would be saying at nearly every opportunity).

EDIT: Not supposed to come across as picking a fight, I just meant there will be people who blindly believe him to be the best. Or maybe genuinely do, who knows

Its called objectivity.

There is a difference between a supporter and a homer.

A supporter is someone who backs a player, but can still be realistic.

A homer is someone who backs a player, and makes excuses for them when they dont play well or refuses to admit when they arent playing well.

I love LeBeau, but Im not afraid to call him out either...or anyone on this team for that matter.

The last two years. Pouncey has been average. The fact that he makes the pro bowl and still gets heralded as one of the best centers is what makes him overrated. He has been a good pass blocker, but below average as a run blocker...and definitely not one of the better safeties in this league.

I want him to turn it around and become the best center in the league, which he has the potential to do still. He hasnt lived up to expecations, though.

mosteelers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:

43 could you say something positive for me so I can feel validated also?

Sig courtesy of miafins23 Thanks

Last edited by mosteelers on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
mosteelers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
If the game was whatever lineman fell to the ground first, Colon would win every time!! If the rule was whatever lineman fell to the ground 10 seconds after the play is over, Kemo would win every time!! Maybe they think there's gold on the ground!! Laughing Laughing

Btw, how would you rate our offensive lineman overall from who we have now? Here's my list, assuming they're healthy:

1. Starks
2. Pouncey
3. Adams
4. Foster
5. Beachum
6. Decastro (I assume, by default. i think he'll be much higher but right now, he's this low)
7. Legursky at center
8. Colon
9. Gilbert

Tough since they play different positions, and I might be crazy. But that's my general list. Decastro is tough because he has the most potential, but not much productivity with his injury and all.

I am not trying to pick a fight either, but, You said assuming they are healthy. If they are healthy Colon is higher than Beachum and maybe Foster. Now that Colon is hurt all the time I don't think or want the Steelers to keep him, no way. I would say Decastro is at the bottom of the list although I think and hope he will someday (next year?) be at or near the top.

I just think that this forum gets an idea and runs with it. Colon has played RT and LG. I admit that, 1)he starts slow, maybe because he is always injured or changed positions. He does seem to reight the ship, then unfortunately gets hurt. 2) he does have a lot of holding penalties. But, he is also a very good run blocker. I also see more leadership/intensity out of him than anyone on the o-line. They seem to be sleepwalking during game day half the time.

I am fine with opinions. THis is what this board is about. I just think that once a ship has announced its leaving and some posters jump on board, everyone else thinks its a good idea to board also. I remember everyone saying I was wrong on Urbik too.

I guess your list isn't laughable; I wrote that in response to your introduction and what I perceived to be bandwagon mentality. Maybe you do think he is bad based on your own analysis, in which case understandable. However, asking other posters to save you from your own opinions seems like you are trying to justify the party line.

Sig courtesy of miafins23 Thanks
jebrick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
careful what you say. Sensibility and our offensive line are typically mutally exclusive

some examples:

1. They won't REALLY offer an extension to willie Colon after he spent the last 2 season on IR, will they?

2. They won't REALLY put a pair of rookies side by side on the same side of the offensive line against one of the best defensive lines in the NFL will they?

3. They won't REALLY force a rookie coming off a season-long IR to go 1 on 1 with Geno Atkins most of the game, will they?

4. They won't REALLY go into a season thinking Jonathan Scott is the answer at LT will they?

While I agree for the most part the salary cap and what they have been doing and what they have done may have some weight to Bouchette's comments.

1) they are in salary cap hell. Perhaps not as bad this year but it will only get worst next year. Something will be done. Can't bring everyone back.
2) Tomlin has been slowly changing the Oline. With the exception of Gilbert, a line of DD, Pouncey, Beachum and Adams would actually be athletic and be able to !GASP! move Shocked Shocked Shocked. The Steelers could run stretch plays Shocked and non-WR screens Shocked

THey have been getting rid of Starks for about 3 years now and keep bringing him back. Why do they keep bringing him back? His replacements suck and no one else signs him. At some point his replacement may not suck too bad.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
at23steelers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Mo: Well, 43 made a comment on SP's before mine. I didn't just outrightly randomly call his name. You're right about Colon, when I did it, I factored in his injuries. Even when healthy, I see him as an injury waiting to happen. Skill level, he's probably around 5 or 6. It's tough to judge him at guard since he only played it for a few games and then got injured once again.
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

Its called objectivity.

A homer is someone who backs a player, and makes excuses for them when they dont play well or refuses to admit when they arent playing well.

I love LeBeau, but Im not afraid to call him out either...or anyone on this team for that matter.

The last two years. Pouncey has been average. The fact that he makes the pro bowl and still gets heralded as one of the best centers is what makes him overrated. He has been a good pass blocker, but below average as a run blocker...and definitely not one of the better safeties in this league.

I want him to turn it around and become the best center in the league, which he has the potential to do still. He hasnt lived up to expecations, though.

It just doesn't come across that you are 'one of his biggest supporters' (Cris Collinsworth is what you would call one of his biggest supporters and he can't be a homer) when you are in the main bringing up negatives surrounding him and rarely the positives in comparison. I'm not even having a go. I also didn't disagree (I actually said that he is overrated) with your opinion so I don't know why you repeated yourself on the matter.

"The King Stay the King"
ImissEricGreen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilbert, Fisher(R)
Beachum--
Pouncey--Legs
DD--Lane Taylor(UDFA)
Adams--J. Long
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

Its called objectivity.

It just doesn't come across that you are 'one of his biggest supporters' (Cris Collinsworth is what you would call one of his biggest supporters and he can't be a homer) when you are in the main bringing up negatives surrounding him and rarely the positives in comparison. I'm not even having a go. I also didn't disagree (I actually said that he is overrated) with your opinion so I don't know why you repeated yourself on the matter.

Actually, I bring up Pouncey's positives a good bit. Ive mentioned his pass blocking being great most of the year, but his run blocking was very mediocre most of the time. Supporters are allowed to be critical. Ive been quite critical of Troy and LeBeau and they are two of my all time favorites.

Collinsworth is clueless. He isnt a supporter or a homer. He just pimps random players as being great even if they are just crappy players having decent games. Seriously...Collinsworth is rare critical about anyone.

As far as repeating what I said...it was an effort to explain that Im still a supporter, just not a homer. It wasnt to convince anyone to share my feelings on Mo.

Last edited by FourThreeMafia on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mosteelers wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

43 could you say something positive for me so I can feel validated also?

No.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: