Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thenewbuffalogm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: FF Mock Reply with quote

Hey all, I am taking part in amock over at the GM Mocks thread, just wanted some input. Here are some fo the moves I have made to free up cap space, and free agents signed:

Cuts-Terrence McGee, Chris Kelsey, Brad Smith, Donald Jones, Ruvel Martin, Arthur Moats

Team Free Agents- Jairus Byrd (franchise), Rinehart, Kyle Moore, David Nelson

Wasn't able to resign Levitre, his value was through the roof, he was the 4th highest contract at 12.5m. Also lost out on McKelvin due to cap.

Outside Free Agents:

Picked up a ton of FA at need areas, probably too many but I didn't want to miss out on certain positions.

QB-Mike Vick 2.8m. Wasn't planning to bid him, but he came so cheap figured I would jump in.

FB-James Casey 1.2m. Signed him instead of McIntyre, felt he fit the new offense better with receiving skills.

WR-Danny Amendola 6.5m, Austin Collie .715 Didn't think I would get Collie but came cheap with some health concerns. Targeted and won bidding war for Amendola. He is a sure handed #2 WR who will draw attention.

OL-Added former Marrone student Brandon Moore 1.5 and Deuce Lutui .840 to fill the void left by Levitre.

LB-Grabbed a slew of LB's, wanted 1, got 3. Daryll Smith, Phillip Wheeler, and Erin Henderson. That out to upgrade our LB core.

CB-Wanted a true #2 but struck out when bids got crazy. Added Eric Wright 1.8 and Chykie Brown from the Ravens.

S-added James Ihedibo .840, depth guy, very good special teams player.

The draft starts at midnight, still have 6 picks, free agents signings will allow me to make some interesting picks in the draft.

Thoughts?
TommyC376

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucks you couldnt get Levitre. But Brandon Moore and Chad Reinhart should battle it out for the LG spot.

I love what you did at the LB spot. Wheeler is very underrated. Daryl Smith while he is up there in age he is one of the better LBs in the game.

Well done so far.

Also, not a huge fan of the Vick signing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Sucks you couldnt get Levitre. But Brandon Moore and Chad Reinhart should battle it out for the LG spot.

I love what you did at the LB spot. Wheeler is very underrated. Daryl Smith while he is up there in age he is one of the better LBs in the game.

Well done so far.

Yeah my initial plan was to keep Fitz and draft a QB, really ended up bidding on Vick to drive his price up and everyone else ran away at 2.8 million. I thought he would get to at least 5. Flacco was also unprotected, he is up to about 10 million right now. I really wanted Derek Cox from Jacksonville but he had a lot of interest, also Brent Grimes but I stayed away because of his achilles injury.
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Austin Collie was out of the league after numerous head injuries?

#JDI
thenewbuffalogm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
I thought Austin Collie was out of the league after numerous head injuries?

He had his 3rd concussion this pre-season but had no log term effects and returned after. he went on IR with a torn patellar tendon. He is going to give it another go in 2013, maybe not in Indy. He is from Hamilton, Ont so Buffalo would be close to home for him and I bet he could get us an extra 50 fans in Toronto.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:

Well done so far.

Agree with all of this. I also like Casey to be a receiving FB, with his history as a TE.

Looks good.
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
jsnydes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny amendola for 6.5. Sign him up!!same contract Meachem got last year. He's 10x better than Meachem. Good pass on Levitre. 12.5? I'm assuming that's per year? That's more than premier left tackles like Jason Peters got.

TommyC376^^^
thenewbuffalogm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
Danny amendola for 6.5. Sign him up!!same contract Meachem got last year. He's 10x better than Meachem. Good pass on Levitre. 12.5? I'm assuming that's per year? That's more than premier left tackles like Jason Peters got.

Yeah it's not incredibly realistic because people dump a lot of salary and have 40-50 million of cap room. A couple of the WR's got 14-15 million per year. Amendola was my #1 WR and I got him for a decent price.
thenewbuffalogm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just left Geno and Te'o on the board to take Dee Milliner. I thought he was the biggest need given what I was able to do in free agency. Him and Gilmore will beast.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: