Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What Should The Bills Do About The QB Spot?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hurricanes2291

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: What Should The Bills Do About The QB Spot? Reply with quote

Obviously none of our opinons matter but just curious what would you do about the starting QB spot? Fitzpatrick has shown that he is way to inconsistent, and that he can't lead this team to the playoffs. But at the same time there isn't a free agent QB that can come in and make a positive impact on the team. I'm also really not a fan of the top QB's in this draft, it seems to be a down year for talent pretty much all around. I've been thinking about it and can't really come up with an answer as to what to do for the starting job next year. Thoughts?
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well what we do with Fitzpatrick is still up for debate, but Nix has made it pretty clear that he wants to draft a young guy this year. My bet, seeing how I can't ever remember the Bills moving up into the top 10 (or further up if already in the top 10) would be to trade back into the 1st and nab someone if they fall.

They have done that scenario before with JP Losman, but have also traded 1st round picks twice straight up for a QB, (Rob Johnson, Drew Bledsoe), so I don't think it would be out of the realm of possibility that we could trade a high draft pick/s for an established QB.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
jsnydes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get a veteran and draft a younger player. I just don't want to see them reach. Give me Tavaris Jackson or Alex Smith for next season. I'm not opposed to letting the rookie play if he outperforms the vet. For example, Russell Wilson over Matt Flynn. Kirk Cousins would be an idea also.

TommyC376^^^
Hurricanes2291

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that Nix wanted to draft a QB this year but are they still going with his plan with a new GM coming in?
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxmw22 wrote:
well what we do with Fitzpatrick is still up for debate, but Nix has made it pretty clear that he wants to draft a young guy this year. My bet, seeing how I can't ever remember the Bills moving up into the top 10 (or further up if already in the top 10) would be to trade back into the 1st and nab someone if they fall.

They have done that scenario before with JP Losman, but have also traded 1st round picks twice straight up for a QB, (Rob Johnson, Drew Bledsoe), so I don't think it would be out of the realm of possibility that we could trade a high draft pick/s for an established QB.

That would be my ideal scenario. Like I put in my mock, I'd love to grab Te'o early, then trade back up into the later 1st for a QB (whichever one is atop their board).
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tank For Teddy.

But really, I think the new HC will make his choice on Fitz and if he isn't coming back then we'll look at Tjax and other FA or possible tarde options. Then we will draft someone likely Wilson, Glennon, L.Jones or Nassib in rounds 2-3.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
joutman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Trade for Kirk Cousins Reply with quote

I would be willing to give up a 3rd round pick this year and a conditional 3rd next year that could go up to a 2nd if he performs well next year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see us having success with a guy like Alex Smith or Jason Campbell behind center. Swap picks in the first with SF to get Smith, along with the 49ers' 2nd and 3rd, if they're interested in somebody that early. Same situation with Campbell. It would be worth it for either of those guys.

We have the talent to win now, and we need a QB now! There isn't a guy that is going to fall into the #8 spot, besides Tajh Boyd, who can step in and play week 1 and make an impact.

Our short list should look like this:

1) Alex Smith
2) Jason Campbell
3) Tajh Boyd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swolfdab wrote:
I can see us having success with a guy like Alex Smith or Jason Campbell behind center. Swap picks in the first with SF to get Smith, along with the 49ers' 2nd and 3rd, if they're interested in somebody that early. Same situation with Campbell. It would be worth it for either of those guys.

We have the talent to win now, and we need a QB now! There isn't a guy that is going to fall into the #8 spot, besides Tajh Boyd, who can step in and play week 1 and make an impact.

Our short list should look like this:

1) Alex Smith
2) Jason Campbell
3) Tajh Boyd

I agree with Smith and Campbell, but if were looking at rookies i'd rather go in the direction of Tyler Wilson, Landry Jones and Mike Glennon.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens if Manti Te'o is picked before us and Geno Smith somehow falls to #8. How would you guys feel about that? I for one would be all for it!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
What happens if Manti Te'o is picked before us and Geno Smith somehow falls to #8. How would you guys feel about that? I for one would be all for it!

Honestly I've never been a fan of Geno. He played great against weak competition, but struggled greatly against better defenses.

If he were to somehow fall to us I'd want to entertain any and all offers to trade down, and give him to the highest bidder.

In all reality though, if he were to fall to Cleveland at 6, someone would move up ahead of us and Arizona to get him.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Tk3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, through FA or trades I believe there are ZERO long term options.. Nobody that I want to tie my cart to that we can reasonably get..

Therefore we have 2 options in my mind.. BOTH involve us drafting a long term option in the top 3 rounds..

1. Keep Fitz, draft rookie in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.. Start Fitz next year to groom QB.. Start rookie QB midway through season or in 2014..

2. Sign Vick (or other stop gap), draft rookie in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.. Start FA QB next year to groom QB.. Start rookie QB midway through season or in 2014..

Ideally for me: Keep Fitz (or get Vick), then draft LB-Manti Te'o, CB-David Amerson, QB-Tyler Bray in top 3 rounds.. Sit Bray for a year then let him out of the cage the following year..

People compare Bray to Leaf.. I would say Jay Cutler is a more accurate comparison.. Skills, but lack of maturity.. Im taking the risk on him..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we keep Fitz around, and draft a Tyler Wilson, Ryan Nassib or Zac Dysert
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My idea probably isnt the best for some of you but it make alot of sense.

Go for Tony Romo or Philip Rivers, it is said that SD is looking to rebuild so they could take a couple of draft picks. I think a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year that could be moved to a 2nd if they hit certain goals would be a good transaction. Yes they havent been the franchise qb everyone hoped they would be but they also have been above average qbs. Rivers has an arm and so does romo everyone gives romo crap but he didnt lose the game the whole team did.

i think next year you go into the draft looking to draft a future qb and keep rivers or romo for atleast 3 years which would give the rookie a chance to sit back and learn.

Its wishful thinking but I could see those guys on the trading block

Thanks Max
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
My idea probably isnt the best for some of you but it make alot of sense.

Go for Tony Romo or Philip Rivers, it is said that SD is looking to rebuild so they could take a couple of draft picks. I think a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year that could be moved to a 2nd if they hit certain goals would be a good transaction. Yes they havent been the franchise qb everyone hoped they would be but they also have been above average qbs. Rivers has an arm and so does romo everyone gives romo crap but he didnt lose the game the whole team did.

i think next year you go into the draft looking to draft a future qb and keep rivers or romo for atleast 3 years which would give the rookie a chance to sit back and learn.

Its wishful thinking but I could see those guys on the trading block

I would be all for it. I just don't think either of them will be put on the block

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: