Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Hire Mike Pettine as DC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like that he is brining over his DB coach. I think Cro and Wilson did quite well with out Revis being there and hopefully he can do wonders with Gilmore this year.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIKEJWN wrote:
I also like that he is brining over his DB coach. I think Cro and Wilson did quite well with out Revis being there and hopefully he can do wonders with Gilmore this year.

Question

The Jets DB coach is their new DC.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
NIKEJWN wrote:

Question

My bad I thought they said that he was bringing someone with him thought it was his DB coach.

CB Drayton Florence
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dont think we will make the "full" switch to a 3-4. I think we will run a hybrid 4-3 with some 3-4 mixed in. Right now the guy I want is Jarvis Jones. Poor mans Von Miller. He is the type of LB who can excel in both the 4-3 and 3-4.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, welcome to the great state of New York!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
I really dont think we will make the "full" switch to a 3-4. I think we will run a hybrid 4-3 with some 3-4 mixed in. Right now the guy I want is Jarvis Jones. Poor mans Von Miller. He is the type of LB who can excel in both the 4-3 and 3-4.

If he didn't have Spinal Stenosis, I'd agree with you 100%, but the fact that we may only get 5 years out of him worries me, I much prefer Millner, at this point.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

If he didn't have Spinal Stenosis, I'd agree with you 100%, but the fact that we may only get 5 years out of him worries me, I much prefer Millner, at this point.
5 years of high quality football ... sign me up. Also Im sure there are ways to prolong his career, if its only practicing every other day or something like that. He's too good of a talent to let that disease scare me away.

Plus we are so much weaker at LB than we are at CB.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIKEJWN wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
NIKEJWN wrote:

Question

My bad I thought they said that he was bringing someone with him thought it was his DB coach.
Apparently it is the assistant DB coach he is bringing with him. I didn't realize position coaches had assistants to be quite honest.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
green24

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
NIKEJWN wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
NIKEJWN wrote:

Question

Apparently it is the assistant DB coach he is bringing with him. I didn't realize position coaches had assistants to be quite honest.

Who else was going to get Thurman his coffee?
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
NIKEJWN wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
NIKEJWN wrote:

Question

Buffalo had an assistant DBs coach in Adrian White.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis jones getting 5 years is good enough how many players on this team have actually lasted longer then 5 years? The bills need answers now and taking Milliner over Jones would be a mistake. Selecting a CB in 2011 draft with a 2nd rd pick and then 1st rd in 2012 and now wasting another 1st rd on a cb is just ridiculous. LBs are the weakest part of this defense. Bills can bring in a FA CB to compliment Gilmore.

Thanks Max
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Jarvis jones getting 5 years is good enough how many players on this team have actually lasted longer then 5 years? The bills need answers now and taking Milliner over Jones would be a mistake. Selecting a CB in 2011 draft with a 2nd rd pick and then 1st rd in 2012 and now wasting another 1st rd on a cb is just ridiculous. LBs are the weakest part of this defense. Bills can bring in a FA CB to compliment Gilmore.

I dont disagree with you one bit here, but we are also very bad in the secondary. I did not see any progress from Williams or Rodgers in year 2. I think if Millner they feel can be that guy they need to take him. I would not be against taking any of them personally as I feel like he or the two LBs would help immediatley. I think we need to add some experience to CB position maybe look at the free agent market for that.

CB Drayton Florence
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Agreed. If we can get a CB like Mike Jenkins or Derek Cox in FA they would secure the #2 CB role.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIKEJWN wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

I dont disagree with you one bit here, but we are also very bad in the secondary. I did not see any progress from Williams or Rodgers in year 2. I think if Millner they feel can be that guy they need to take him. I would not be against taking any of them personally as I feel like he or the two LBs would help immediatley. I think we need to add some experience to CB position maybe look at the free agent market for that.

Plus, as TK said, Jones will be gone. If we want him that bad we'll have to trade up for him, possibly as high as 2... And I'm not willing to pay that price for a short term LB.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
NIKEJWN wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

Plus, as TK said, Jones will be gone. If we want him that bad we'll have to trade up for him, possibly as high as 2... And I'm not willing to pay that price for a short term LB.
Stocks rise and fall all the time. It wouldnt surprise me if he fell to us. It also wouldnt surprise me if he went in the top 3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: