Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ranking the Players 2012: #3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is #3?
T. Romo, QB
42%
 42%  [ 14 ]
S. Lee, ILB
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
D. Bailey, PK
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
B. Carter, ILB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
D. Harris, Ret/WR
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
D. Ware, OLB
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
J. Hatcher, DE
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
B. Carr, CB
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
A. Spencer, OLB
36%
 36%  [ 12 ]
B. Church, S
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 33

Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Ranking the Players 2012: #3 Reply with quote

Who was our #3 top player of 2012? Vote and Discuss!

Rules:
1. If you Vote, also give a brief explanation as to why. This is to generate insightful discussion.
2. Don't ask me what top player means to me. What does it mean to you. Best, Healthiest, Most consistent, Whatever standard you use, stick to it.
3. I will have 10 players in every round. After your explanation if you would like to nominate a player, I am open to it.
4. I am the final arbitrator on everything including but not limited to ties. My word is law. And I do accept bribes.
5. I didn't add King Cole to this first round to troll the forum. Refer to rule 4.

2012 Rankings:
1. Dez Bryant, WR
2. Jason Witten, TE

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Runaway Jim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted Romo, for the third time.

^daboyle250
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a toss up between Romo, Carr and Spencer.

Leaning toward Spencer.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without Spencer we still win 6-8 games
Without Romp we are lucky to win 2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be a crime if Romo wasn't in the top 3..

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Spencer. Defensive leader. Double Digit Sacks. Exceptional against the run.

Nothing against Romo since he helped a lot. But I can't get past how off he was all year. Romo would likely be my #4.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Without Spencer we still win 6-8 games
Without Romp we are lucky to win 2

You could say this same thing for 90% of the teams out there. QBs are the most important position. If you are simply voting on >POSITIONAL< importance.. Why even do a poll?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:

You could say this same thing for 90% of the teams out there. QBs are the most important position. If you are simply voting on >POSITIONAL< importance.. Why even do a poll?

That really doesn't make sense.. just because Romo happens to play the most important position in football doesn't mean his importance to this team should be overlooked..

I personally don't see any starting QBs that could run this offense any better than Romo. Drew Brees would get killed. Peyton would get killed. Brady would get killed. Eli would get killed. RG3 would probably survive two games tops.

Romo's ability to improvise and make plays out of nothing is what makes him so important to this team.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoFlyZone wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

That really doesn't make sense.. just because Romo happens to play the most important position in football doesn't mean his importance to this team should be overlooked..

Im not saying that it should be overlooked. I am saying that if you make it the primary factor, then there is little to no reason to do this poll.

It should be a factor, but not the only one.

I also hate that the biggest argument is "if you take him out, we only win 2 games"... Well, if you put someone else competent in his place, you probably make it to the playoffs.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
NoFlyZone wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Im not saying that it should be overlooked. I am saying that if you make it the primary factor, then there is little to no reason to do this poll.

It should be a factor, but not the only one.

I also hate that the biggest argument is "if you take him out, we only win 2 games"... Well, if you put someone else competent in his place, you probably make it to the playoffs.

I think there are very few competent quarterbacks out there that could fill in for him effectively though.. and I'm assuming that's what Hatter is trying to say too.

Anyway, if we agree that the most important position on the offense is QB shouldn't that make Romo rank #1 anyway? Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted Ware. The love Spencer is getting is way over-blown. Ware, not Spencer is and has always been the focal point of opposition defenses. Not Spencer. Ware, not Spencer is the one getting the most consistent pass rush. I don't believe I have ever seen Spencer getting doubled teamed.

Ware played the most of the year injured. That alone is far more inspiring that any year he has played healthy with better stats.
ThePlaymaker86

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted Spencer. I thought he had a phenomenal year even while missing a couple of games.

I voted based on consistency and importance. I love Romo and Ware, but I felt like Spencer had a better season at his position.
Hiero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was close for me but I voted Carr. he was consistent from the start and came up big when we needed it most. he is one of the big reasons our defense held up decent after all the injuries.

Jason Garrett Bandwagon
htfryar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted Romo. I thought he should have been Number 2, behind Jason Witten. This team would've won maybe 3 games with any other QB at the helm. His escapabilty was huge. He extended plays when his horrid o-line failed on numerous passing plays. He is a leader on the team, hence the pother players ovting him a team captain. If the #1 and #2 players are WR and TE, then the guy getting them the ball has to be #3.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
Spends

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Romo.

I am late to the game on this and did not vote for #1 or #2, but feel like Romo deserves the #3 spot for how he played this year. Take out 2 of his games and his stats are stellar. I understand you can't totally eliminate those 2 games, and that is why he deserves #3 and not #2 or #1. You guys put Dez and Witten above him...but they also had their struggles this season at certain times too.

Our defensive coordinator just got fired, we couldn't stop anyone down the stretch running the ball, and didn't get consistent pass rush for most of the year....I can't see Spencer being in our top 3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: