Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rob Ryan has been fired
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
We're not supposed to post anything of a sexual nature on FF Wink

by your definition (but i know you are kidding...) we couldn't post anything about football players, because they are of the male sex.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
lionslicer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think Rob Ryan only gets job is because his name, you are fairly ignorant and just looking at the numbers...

The Cowboys defense was TERRIBLE before he got there, the numbers are actually a huge improvement, and the defense was one of the top defenses in the league until injuries derailed them, but even then the numbers are skewed by a few bad games.

Another reason why the numbers aren't great is because Ryan tends to play conservative when they are winning or losing by a substantial amount, so he will let up points and yards when it doesn't matter.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:
If you think Rob Ryan only gets job is because his name, you are fairly ignorant and just looking at the numbers...

The Cowboys defense was TERRIBLE before he got there, the numbers are actually a huge improvement, and the defense was one of the top defenses in the league until injuries derailed them, but even then the numbers are skewed by a few bad games.

Another reason why the numbers aren't great is because Ryan tends to play conservative when they are winning or losing by a substantial amount, so he will let up points and yards when it doesn't matter.

Yeah, honestly idk where he gets a bad rap from, he's a solid D coordinator that inherited a trainwreck of a Dallas defense with like 1-3 good players on it. I'd take him in Baltimore in a heartbeat.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't surprise me. I personally always thought he was overrated and lived off his last name. Phillips was HC and they had a better Defense when Phillips was there and then Phillips leaves to go to Houston and makes that one of the best defenses in the NFL instintaneously.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Yeah, honestly idk where he gets a bad rap from, he's a solid D coordinator that inherited a trainwreck of a Dallas defense with like 1-3 good players on it. I'd take him in Baltimore in a heartbeat.

Have you ever looked into to?

Rob Ryan has never coached a team that was top 10 in Points allowed
Rob Ryan has coached 1 team that was top 10 in yards allowed - 2006 Raiders

The average ranking for a Rob Ryan defense:

22 in the league in yards
22 in the league in points

Would you consider that solid?

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Dude.. they are TWIN brothers... Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

yeah, that's what I said.

you think being twins makes them the same? Only if they're identical, which they aren't.

but I had to look up whether they were or. hence why I find it interesting.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't ever try and make a chemical engineer look stupid about science related stuff. you will regret it. Wink
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
baconrad3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:
I don't agree with this move.

Well we want to switch to a 4-3 and this especially means that we are letting Anthony Spencer go in FA so he should be the most sought out defensive player in Free Agency this offseason.

Ummmm...Come again? Laughing

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:
I don't agree with this move.

Well we want to switch to a 4-3 and this especially means that we are letting Anthony Spencer go in FA so he should be the most sought out defensive player in Free Agency this offseason.

Ummmm...Come again? Laughing

Whats so funny? He had a career year , and was basically our defensive MVP
for the year. Had double digit sacks and when he wasn't in the line-up our Run-D suffered greatly.

If Mario Williams got paid like he did in buffalo after being out a year with injury. I don't see why Anthony Spencer won't. We all know Free Agency is basically a race of who overpays for talent that isn't necessarily justified for that paycheck.

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
renndawg37

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Dallas switches to a 4-3, what will their front seven look like?

I'm assuming

Spencer/Lee/Carter at linebacker, and obviously Ware at end and Ratliff at UT, but what about the other two spots on the line?

Last edited by renndawg37 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

renndawg37 wrote:
If Dallas switches to a 3-4, what will their front seven look like?

I'm assuming

Spencer/Lee/Carter at linebacker, and obviously Ware at end and Ratliff at UT, but what about the other two spots on the line?

Spears at DT, and I dunno who would be at RDE.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Some of you are absolutely trolling. Here are some facts:

Quote:
But the popular belief that Romo usually fades in the fourth quarter is just foolish.

Fact: Romo has the highest fourth-quarter passer rating among active quarterbacks. And itís not even close. His 102.1 rating is more than five points higher than the second man on the list, Green Bayís Aaron Rodgers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4696976/do-stats-lie-no-qb-better-than-tony-romo-in-fourth-quarter

in 5 of our 8 losses last year, we were tied or in the lead when Romo last stepped off the field.

Romo became 1 of the only QBs in NFL history to throw for 300+, 4 TDs, not turn the ball over once, and still lost the game.

Even when Romo plays great, he does not enjoy the same success as other QBs due to poor defensive play. Here is a comparison:

Quote:
Games with a 100-plus rating:

Romo 37-11
Cutler 25-1
Ryan 32-1
Brady 79-5.

No one cares about his overall 4th Qtr stats or what he does in week 12 or 13 against the Browns. Whether it's fair or not, he will ultimately be judged on how he performs in win-or-go-home games and whether he can avoid those big mistakes at critical times.

For the record, I think he's a top 10 QB and I'd love to have him on my team, but the only way he's going to shut everyone up is if he performs well in late December and January.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For everyone questioning the move:

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Keleth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is about time people realised that Ryan is not a very good DC.
Yes he is only an average DC.Everyone seems to want to make excuses for the situation he was put in but in his career for it not once to have worked for him says to me more about him than about his situations.
The cream always rises to the top but funnily enough Ryan has never been near the top.
Has he ever been head hunted by a team looking for a DC because if he is as good as people on here like to think then I'm pretty sure he would always be in demand.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keleth wrote:
It is about time people realised that Ryan is not a very good DC.
Yes he is only an average DC.Everyone seems to want to make excuses for the situation he was put in but in his career for it not once to have worked for him says to me more about him than about his situations.
The cream always rises to the top but funnily enough Ryan has never been near the top.
Has he ever been head hunted by a team looking for a DC because if he is as good as people on here like to think then I'm pretty sure he would always be in demand.

I agree. Mike Nolan's defenses continually seem to rise to the top. Phillips is another guy. Rob Ryan's defenses never rose to the top. Instead, they either were stuck in the middle or sunk to the bottom. No clue why people think he's a good DC or make excuses for him.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: