Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AldoMock I
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aldo_the_Apache

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: AldoMock I Reply with quote

Haven't watched a ton. New job. I'm still watching posts though. Keth is a nice addition. 43 still doing his thing. Tear it up gents.

R1 - Mantu Te'o

I've seen several mocks with him falling to the teens. IMO if he's there, we gotta pull the trigger. 7 INTs?! He's everything our D needs and would form a nearly unstoppable tandem with Lawrence Olajuwon Timmons in the middle.

R2 - Eric Reid

After another season with Troy on the sideline, safety must be addressed. The guys behind him just haven't been effective enough. Reid is a hard hitting dude with good tackling skills and almost no coverage ability. IMO he would be a great fit because he'd have some time to develop, but it's possible someone will reach for him because he's from the SEC.

R3 - Jackson Jeffcoat

Wow the pass rush was terrible this year. I don't think Jeffcoat can fix it but he might help. He has the speed and athleticism to develop into a good pass rusher and has experience in coverage as well.

R4 - Marquess Wilson

I'm anticipating Wallace leaving. We've got our #1 and a decent slot. Wilson could provide bens big target. Good hands big frame no speed. Ghats why he falls.

R5- Marcus Lattimore

Injured, but worth the risk. Next year we roll with Dwy Guy and Redman then give Latty a shot. He was amazing before his injury an certainly fits the bill as a feature back. At such a low price, Lattimore is worth it. The Jim Brown-like potential is intriguing.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it! Cool Applause

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mosteelers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Wilson is dropping because he is a head case. Always has been. His history of being a moron goes back to his freshman year. Don't want any part of him.

Sig courtesy of miafins23 Thanks
Aldo_the_Apache

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mosteelers wrote:
Actually Wilson is dropping because he is a head case. Always has been. His history of being a moron goes back to his freshman year. Don't want any part of him.

Wasn't aware.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tavarres King would be a great option if Wilson isn't worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad, I obviously like the Te'O pick.

However, if we draft a safety I hope we pick another Samoan dude

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mosteelers wrote:
Mike Leach was his head coach... Nuff said. I think the coaching was the problem at that point in the draft the talent is worth the risk

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gatek99 wrote:
Not bad, I obviously like the Te'O pick.

However, if we draft a safety I hope we pick another Samoan dude
none worth it

stillersenat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Aldo.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: AldoMock I Reply with quote

Aldo_the_Apache wrote:
Haven't watched a ton. New job. I'm still watching posts though. Keth is a nice addition. 43 still doing his thing. Tear it up gents.

R1 - Mantu Te'o

I've seen several mocks with him falling to the teens. IMO if he's there, we gotta pull the trigger. 7 INTs?! He's everything our D needs and would form a nearly unstoppable tandem with Lawrence Olajuwon Timmons in the middle.

R2 - Eric Reid

After another season with Troy on the sideline, safety must be addressed. The guys behind him just haven't been effective enough. Reid is a hard hitting dude with good tackling skills and almost no coverage ability. IMO he would be a great fit because he'd have some time to develop, but it's possible someone will reach for him because he's from the SEC.

R3 - Jackson Jeffcoat

Wow the pass rush was terrible this year. I don't think Jeffcoat can fix it but he might help. He has the speed and athleticism to develop into a good pass rusher and has experience in coverage as well.

R4 - Marquess Wilson

I'm anticipating Wallace leaving. We've got our #1 and a decent slot. Wilson could provide bens big target. Good hands big frame no speed. Ghats why he falls.

R5- Marcus Lattimore

Injured, but worth the risk. Next year we roll with Dwy Guy and Redman then give Latty a shot. He was amazing before his injury an certainly fits the bill as a feature back. At such a low price, Lattimore is worth it. The Jim Brown-like potential is intriguing.

My thing? Laughing

Welcome back.

Anyway...one of the few mocks thus far for the Steelers I really like. Although I think a few of those players will go well before we pick.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
mosteelers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mosteelers wrote:
Mike Leach was his head coach... Nuff said. I think the coaching was the problem at that point in the draft the talent is worth the risk

He had the same problems with his old coach. Leach just nudged and Wilson went nuts. I think the fact that all the other members of the team backed Leach and not Wilson says a lot. even the guys who were leaving.

nocal530

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mosteelers wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mosteelers wrote:

He had the same problems with his old coach. Leach just nudged and Wilson went nuts. I think the fact that all the other members of the team backed Leach and not Wilson says a lot. even the guys who were leaving.
He didn't have the same problems with the old coach and there was/ is a ton of other players that back Wilson. They just aren't transferring or leaving the program because they are so close to graduating. I've been around the WSU program for 5 years and you have no idea what you're talking about. Wilson would be an absolute steal in the 4th.
nocal530

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mosteelers wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mosteelers wrote:

He didn't have the same problems with the old coach and there was/ is a ton of other players that back Wilson. They just aren't transferring or leaving the program because they are so close to graduating. I've been around the WSU program for 5 years and you have no idea what you're talking about. Wilson would be an absolute steal in the 4th.
mosteelers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nocal530 wrote:
mosteelers wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mosteelers wrote:

Name one player on the team who backed him.

Wilson even later said he was wrong. Wilson didn't back Wilson.

Gatoradus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marquee Wilson made one tiny mistake but that doesn't make it a head case. Mike Leach have been proven to be too harsh on his players and honestly I would take Marquee Wilson within THAT pick, it is a steal. If he never have left, he'd be easily 1st round. He's that good with great speed. Somewhat too slender for my likes but I like him regardless though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: