Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Phillip Merling Signed, Among Others

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Phillip Merling Signed, Among Others Reply with quote

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Redskins-Sign-Six-To-ReserveFutures-Contracts/f36bc433-2905-4eb4-bbba-f34790944e26
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In know Phillip Merling never lived up to the hype but that caught my eye. Gonna be hard to make this DL though. I thought Golston and Worthington played well down the stretch of the season and Carriker will be returning next year
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, he was on our radar during the draft ..some calls to pick him as I remember.
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Yep, he was on our radar during the draft ..some calls to pick him as I remember.

Even though I wasn't a part of the forum during the '08 draft, I wanted Merling 5 years ago to replace Phillip Daniels. Alas, it's happening 5 years later. Laughing
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 26 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 7 catches, 35 yards... and a fumble
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

Even though I wasn't a part of the forum during the '08 draft, I wanted Merling 5 years ago to replace Phillip Daniels. Alas, it's happening 5 years later. Laughing
The guy has talent, if I remember correctly, he tore his Achillies Tendon in 2010 his 3rd year, he hasn't been the same sense. that injury set back his developement, kind of like what hapened to Jeremy Jarmon. Hopefully he shows us something but as I said in my previous post this is a hard DL to make we have a lot of talent despite what a few posters think, there just isn't many spots available.

Bowen, Golston (UFA)
Cofield, Baker
Jenkins, Worthington

Carriker and Neild will be returning off of injuries. Tough group to crack but I wish him the best.

http://www.miamidolphinstickets.com/blog/phillip-merling-sidelined-with-injury-all-year

Quote:
Defensive end Phillp Merling will be sidelined for the entire year with a serious achilles tendon injury. Merling was working out in preparation of the team's training camp start this week when he was dealt the season-ending injury. In most of the team's offseason workouts, he has recieved the majority of the squad's first-team snaps and was expected to compete with Odrick for the starting position, which was open for grabs when the team moved Randy Starks to nose tackle back in the spring. Last season, Merling had 33 tackles and 2.5 sacks in 16 games with two starts.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: