Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cards over the Salary Cap for 2013...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
If we cut a guy does the remaining signing bonus hit our cap next season or over the course of his his original contract lasted?

Because it is an up front bonus, it hits our cap immediately.

Boo. So the relief wouldn't be until 2014... Makes one think we could keep Snyder since his remaining signing bonus is the same to his 2013 salary. Colledge on the other hand has 4.5M signing bonus remaining and a 7.5M cap hit for next season. Cutting him would save around 3M.

Cutting Bradley saves us $2M. Getting rid of Early Doucet, Kory Sperry and Jeff King opens up close to $4M

Didn't realize you beat me to King already.

What I would do:

Cut all 4 above mentioned players
Restructure Kolb
Extend Kerry Rhodes

That alone would save 12-16 million, depending on how things are structured. No we've got plenty of cap room to re-sign the guys we want to keep (LSH?), do an extension for a worthy player (Roberts?) and maybe add a decent FA piece. We're not going to be big FA players but spending in free agency hasn't worked out for us anyway. Good teams build through the draft and our general manager is a draft guy. That's what we'll look towards to rebuilt this team.

I may be in the minority but no way Im paying LSH or any other back for that matter.

Roll with Ryan Williams, Powell and draft a kid. LSH is a nice player but we need basics, depth, not a third down back no matter the cost.

We cut Beanie, what are we looking at?

I disagree on LSH. Very valuable player who does a lot for this team. If he's asking for 4-5 mill a year ya, you let him walk but he won't and we shouldn't.

Saying we don't need a 3rd down back is especially puzzling beings as we're the worst 3rd down team in the league. If utilized properly, LSH could be a major boost to this offense in what is clearly it's weakest situational area.

Cut Beanie, lose a little. Nothing significant.

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would only save a little over half a mill but cutting John Skelton should be considered as well. Saves a little and really would only cost us a poor player with no real future here.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry in relation to my post a page ago, DD might take a paycut to stay around.

Not trade or cut him, he has no value to us with either of those.

Also, I keep Skelton to the last second, maybe as 3rd QB, just for insurance, he would be on third year min salary, i can cop that.

Also, LSH should stay for $1 - 1.5 mil a year, anymore and he is toast.

Chris Thompson FSU is faster and will cost rookie min, just saying.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see how a creative mind would utilise LSH and Housler along with Roberts/Floyd/Fitz.

Kind of want to see how a guy like Joe Lombardi would roll with that sort of an offense. However if we are going to send 5 guys out in routes...

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
DDOCKETT90

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dockett won't take a pay cut he is to stubborn

matthouston91 made it!
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Would only save a little over half a mill but cutting John Skelton should be considered as well. Saves a little and really would only cost us a poor player with no real future here.

That's an absolute NO brainer. You nailed it with no future.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do Levi, Snyder & Colledge have bonus' before the draft? I'm guessing yes... Was thinking we could keep them then cut em if we were to draft Warmack/Jones/Lewan etc. Kinda tips our hand that we'd be taking multiple lineman if we released 2-3 starters before the draft.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Do Levi, Snyder & Colledge have bonus' before the draft? I'm guessing yes... Was thinking we could keep them then cut em if we were to draft Warmack/Jones/Lewan etc. Kinda tips our hand that we'd be taking multiple lineman if we released 2-3 starters before the draft.

People around the league know and understand how poor this oline is and has been for sometime.

Eventually we're going to have to fix it.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:

No. Levi is a Neutral Cut whenever we do it. Snyder is the same, Colledge saves us 500k.

You cut those three you are cutting three starting linemen and gaining a maximum of 1.5M vs the cap. That 1.5M barely gets you three vet minimum replacements.

JohnnyV

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

No. Levi is a Neutral Cut whenever we do it. Snyder is the same, Colledge saves us 500k.

You cut those three you are cutting three starting linemen and gaining a maximum of 1.5M vs the cap. That 1.5M barely gets you three vet minimum replacements.

What about Lyle?

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

What about Lyle?

Costs more to cut than to keep.

DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Yeah I'm thinking they only cut two max. Probably Levi cause he a) expensive & b) coming off injury. If Levi does in fact get cut we better go OT in round 1 or 2 unless Barrett Jones can start at C and move outside if he has to.

I don't see Snyder getting paid 4M to leave. It would likely be Levi & Sendlein IMO. Colledge moves to RG and Snyder is a back up to Warmack/Jones. Kelemete might have something to say about that too.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lyle is coming back in 2013, costs too much and he cannot be replaced so easy

Levi comes back too, for like 3 mil, so there is a small saving there of 3 mil compared to 2012
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Lyle is coming back in 2013, costs too much and he cannot be replaced so easy

Levi comes back too, for like 3 mil, so there is a small saving there of 3 mil compared to 2012

If Levi & Lyle are coming back then who goes? Pay Snyder 4M to go away??

The Rebuild Has Begun...
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least till after the draft

Cannot show your hand to early

Also you don't get paid till August, so no harm done

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: