Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Projected compensatory picks...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
packerfanman4


Joined: 13 Feb 2007
Posts: 2757
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Green Bay 7th rounder is incorrect, I believe.

We lost Matt Flynn to Seattle and that is accounted for with a 4th rounder according to the site, but then we net a 7th rounder, this time for losing Flynn (again?) while signing Scott Wells when in reality we lost Scott Wells as well. We signed Jeff Saturday.
_________________


Thrillhouse wrote:
Scarlett's my top babe. She's like, Aaron Rodgers' tier. If mortals were worthy of Aaron's affections, that is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daineraider


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 4239
Location: Salt Lake City
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah why is this thread still open in the News forum. The site is way off with its picks. Raiders like other people have said, cut wimbley and boss which means no picks.
_________________

Sigged by Jamison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 5823
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
Yeah why is this thread still open in the News forum. The site is way off with its picks. Raiders like other people have said, cut wimbley and boss which means no picks.


THERE WILL BE AN UPDATE SOON
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sammymvpknight


Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Posts: 3399
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
The Saints aren't going to get a pick for losing the best OG in the NFL? Rough.


This is shocking. Nicks was one of the biggest contracts of the offseason. Does Goodell have a role in assigning comp picks?

EDIT:::

I found this one wiki's NFL Draft page...

Quote:
Compensatory picksIn addition to the 32 selections in each of the seven rounds, a total of 32 compensatory picks are awarded to teams that have lost more or better compensatory free agents than they signed in the previous year.[58] Teams that gain and lose the same number of players but lose higher-valued players than they gain also can be awarded a pick, but only in the seventh round, after the other compensatory picks. Compensatory picks cannot be traded, and the placement of the picks is determined by a proprietary formula based on the player's salary, playing time, and postseason honors with his new team, with salary being the primary factor. So, for example, a team that lost a linebacker who signed for $2.5 million per year in free agency might get a sixth-round compensatory pick, while a team that lost a wide receiver who signed for $5 million per year might receive a fourth-round pick. awarded at the ends of Rounds 3 through 7

If fewer than 32 such picks are awarded, the remaining picks are awarded in the order in which teams would pick in a hypothetical eighth round of the draft (These are known as "supplemental compensatory selections").

Compensatory picks are awarded each year at the NFL annual meeting which is held at the end of March; typically, about three or four weeks before the draft.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Draft

So Nicks likely did not reward the saints a comp pick because he was injured, hurting the playing time and post-season honors part of the equation. The Saints got screwed all the way around last season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45445
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
The Saints aren't going to get a pick for losing the best OG in the NFL? Rough.


This is shocking. Nicks was one of the biggest contracts of the offseason. Does Goodell have a role in assigning comp picks?

EDIT:::

I found this one wiki's NFL Draft page...

Quote:
Compensatory picksIn addition to the 32 selections in each of the seven rounds, a total of 32 compensatory picks are awarded to teams that have lost more or better compensatory free agents than they signed in the previous year.[58] Teams that gain and lose the same number of players but lose higher-valued players than they gain also can be awarded a pick, but only in the seventh round, after the other compensatory picks. Compensatory picks cannot be traded, and the placement of the picks is determined by a proprietary formula based on the player's salary, playing time, and postseason honors with his new team, with salary being the primary factor. So, for example, a team that lost a linebacker who signed for $2.5 million per year in free agency might get a sixth-round compensatory pick, while a team that lost a wide receiver who signed for $5 million per year might receive a fourth-round pick. awarded at the ends of Rounds 3 through 7

If fewer than 32 such picks are awarded, the remaining picks are awarded in the order in which teams would pick in a hypothetical eighth round of the draft (These are known as "supplemental compensatory selections").

Compensatory picks are awarded each year at the NFL annual meeting which is held at the end of March; typically, about three or four weeks before the draft.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Draft

So Nicks likely did not reward the saints a comp pick because he was injured, hurting the playing time and post-season honors part of the equation. The Saints got screwed all the way around last season.


No, you guys didn't get any picks because you signed so many players.

You guys only lost Meachum ($25.9), Nicks ($47.5), Rogers($.925), Dunbar ($3.05), Porter ($4)

5 players for a total of $81.375 million.

Whereas you signed: Grubbs ($36), Ayodele, Bunkley ($25), Lofton ($33.5), Hawthorne ($19), Chamberlain ($4.05), Mack

7 players for over over $117.55 million.

Signed more players than you lost, and paid significantly more for them.. And you're supposed to get a pick for that?
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kampman74


Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 6858
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

packerfanman4 wrote:
The Green Bay 7th rounder is incorrect, I believe.

We lost Matt Flynn to Seattle and that is accounted for with a 4th rounder according to the site, but then we net a 7th rounder, this time for losing Flynn (again?) while signing Scott Wells when in reality we lost Scott Wells as well. We signed Jeff Saturday.


Think it has to do with the price difference between Wells and Saturday.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20051
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how the first reaction was thinking Goodell was screwing the Saints out of a pick.
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 34859
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Steelers actually got a 7th round comp pick for "losing" William Gay?

That's an overpay by the NFL. I would have gladly taken free food for a week and called it a win Laughing
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tartarus12


Joined: 09 Dec 2007
Posts: 7
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to question the accuracy of that Detroit Lions link. It reads Houston signed three guys and will receive a sixth round pick for each. You get picks for losing guys not signing guys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 8532
Location: MD
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
I love how the first reaction was thinking Goodell was screwing the Saints out of a pick.


LOL, I was thinking the exact same thing. I doubt he has anything to do with it. Additionally, the idea that he is purposely screwing any franchises specifically is absurd. He works for the owners.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
WorldWonder


Joined: 08 Mar 2010
Posts: 243
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
I love how the first reaction was thinking Goodell was screwing the Saints out of a pick.


LOL, I was thinking the exact same thing. I doubt he has anything to do with it. Additionally, the idea that he is purposely screwing any franchises specifically is absurd. He works for the owners.


Some New Orleans fans are still but hurt about the BountyGate thing. Blah blah "no evidence" blah blah "check the tape lolwut illegal hits".

I'm a Saints, and seriously guys, time to drop it. The only thing I'm still ticked about is the fact we don't have a second rounder, but oh well. What can you do?

It's absurd to think the Commissioner of the NFL has a personal vendetta against Sean Payton/ New Orleans. It's juvenile to think he's somehow taking our comp picks. We signed a enormous amount of free agents last year.

Really... It's time to put that stuff to rest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IrishGreen


Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 36167
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
packerfanman4 wrote:
The Green Bay 7th rounder is incorrect, I believe.

We lost Matt Flynn to Seattle and that is accounted for with a 4th rounder according to the site, but then we net a 7th rounder, this time for losing Flynn (again?) while signing Scott Wells when in reality we lost Scott Wells as well. We signed Jeff Saturday.


Think it has to do with the price difference between Wells and Saturday.


yes it was a typo. difference of contract between wells and saturday, 7th.

matt flynn will get a 4th most likely.

so it seems pretty accurate to me
_________________

El Ramster on the amazing work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sodakcowboy78


Joined: 18 Jan 2012
Posts: 553
Location: sioux falls so dak
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why in the world is Baltimore getting all these picks...im confused


Peace
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JMG


Joined: 23 Dec 2012
Posts: 3140
Location: Columbia
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least next year the Jets are going to get a handful of comp picks Very Happy
_________________

[]_[] Family
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group