Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars Name David Caldwell General Manager
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 21227
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Im glad Caldy isnt giving up on Blaine and plans to build around him this season.


Has he said anything about building around Blaine, of is that just a felling you get? I've heard nothing of a definite plan.

I'm all for giving Blaine an honest shot at the job, which I believe he wins among those already on the roster as well as any potential free agent acquisition not named Flacco.


The more i think about it, the more i like the idea of getting Blaine his '3rd year'. Three seems to be the fair cutoff...if he hasn't run with it by then, time to move on. But his first year wasn't really a full year development-wise, and he missed a good chunk of development time last season as well.

If Gabbert can improve as much going into next year as he appeared to going into last year...maybe we have a decent QB on our hands.

I want the best QB to be our starter next year. I don't want Gabbert to get the job just because we drafted him in the first and we want him to have one last year to prove himself. If Gabbert is the best QB, by all means start him. Otherwise, don't.
_________________

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20570
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Im glad Caldy isnt giving up on Blaine and plans to build around him this season.


Has he said anything about building around Blaine, of is that just a felling you get? I've heard nothing of a definite plan.

I'm all for giving Blaine an honest shot at the job, which I believe he wins among those already on the roster as well as any potential free agent acquisition not named Flacco.


The more i think about it, the more i like the idea of getting Blaine his '3rd year'. Three seems to be the fair cutoff...if he hasn't run with it by then, time to move on. But his first year wasn't really a full year development-wise, and he missed a good chunk of development time last season as well.

If Gabbert can improve as much going into next year as he appeared to going into last year...maybe we have a decent QB on our hands.

I want the best QB to be our starter next year. I don't want Gabbert to get the job just because we drafted him in the first and we want him to have one last year to prove himself. If Gabbert is the best QB, by all means start him. Otherwise, don't.


I don't think anyone is suggesting handing him the job. Realistically, he's likely to win the job.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 21227
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Im glad Caldy isnt giving up on Blaine and plans to build around him this season.


Has he said anything about building around Blaine, of is that just a felling you get? I've heard nothing of a definite plan.

I'm all for giving Blaine an honest shot at the job, which I believe he wins among those already on the roster as well as any potential free agent acquisition not named Flacco.


The more i think about it, the more i like the idea of getting Blaine his '3rd year'. Three seems to be the fair cutoff...if he hasn't run with it by then, time to move on. But his first year wasn't really a full year development-wise, and he missed a good chunk of development time last season as well.

If Gabbert can improve as much going into next year as he appeared to going into last year...maybe we have a decent QB on our hands.

I want the best QB to be our starter next year. I don't want Gabbert to get the job just because we drafted him in the first and we want him to have one last year to prove himself. If Gabbert is the best QB, by all means start him. Otherwise, don't.


I don't think anyone is suggesting handing him the job. Realistically, he's likely to win the job.

I know no one is suggesting it, I just hope it doesn't happen. I'm sure Gabs will win the job, too. Hopefully he.....doesn't suck.
_________________

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20570
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
If we stick with Gabbert, here are a few positives to try to build on:

- Since the bye week, his completion % was 62.12%

- 5/9 games with 10+ attempts he had a QB Rating of 80 or higher compared to 3/14 his rookie year (Comparison: Chad Henne was 3/9 this season)

- 6 TDs and 0 INTs with a 97.2 QB Rating in the redzone

- 4 TDs and 0 INTs with a 106.2 QB Rating in the last two minutes of a half

- 4 TDs and 0 INTs with a 99.4 QB Rating when the score margin was within 7 points

- When ahead by 1-8 points he had 1 TD and 0 INTs with a 94.9 QB Rating

- When behind by 1-8 points he had 5 TDs and 1 INT with an 88.9 QB Rating

- Quarter-by-quarter stats

1st: 39/63 61.9% 438 yards 1 TD 0 INTs 87.9 QB Rating
2nd: 44/82 53.7% 428 yards 3 TDs 0 INTs 80.7 QB Rating
3rd: 27/46 58.7% 277 yards 1 TD 4 INTs 47.1 QB Rating
4th: 52/84 61.9% 519 yards 4 TDs 2 INTs 85.4 QB Rating

4th within 7: 16/26 61.5% 257 yards 2 TDs 0 INTs 120.2 QB Rating

_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MightyRx


Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 470
Location: ...Where my mind is at ease!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
If we stick with Gabbert, here are a few positives to try to build on:

- Since the bye week, his completion % was 62.12%

- 5/9 games with 10+ attempts he had a QB Rating of 80 or higher compared to 3/14 his rookie year (Comparison: Chad Henne was 3/9 this season)

- 6 TDs and 0 INTs with a 97.2 QB Rating in the redzone

- 4 TDs and 0 INTs with a 106.2 QB Rating in the last two minutes of a half

- 4 TDs and 0 INTs with a 99.4 QB Rating when the score margin was within 7 points

- When ahead by 1-8 points he had 1 TD and 0 INTs with a 94.9 QB Rating

- When behind by 1-8 points he had 5 TDs and 1 INT with an 88.9 QB Rating

- Quarter-by-quarter stats

1st: 39/63 61.9% 438 yards 1 TD 0 INTs 87.9 QB Rating
2nd: 44/82 53.7% 428 yards 3 TDs 0 INTs 80.7 QB Rating
3rd: 27/46 58.7% 277 yards 1 TD 4 INTs 47.1 QB Rating
4th: 52/84 61.9% 519 yards 4 TDs 2 INTs 85.4 QB Rating

4th within 7: 16/26 61.5% 257 yards 2 TDs 0 INTs 120.2 QB Rating


So tie him up at half time, release him in the 4th quarter?
Sounds like a plan! Razz
_________________
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Him without sin, cast the 1st stone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 3227
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyRx wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
If we stick with Gabbert, here are a few positives to try to build on:

- Since the bye week, his completion % was 62.12%

- 5/9 games with 10+ attempts he had a QB Rating of 80 or higher compared to 3/14 his rookie year (Comparison: Chad Henne was 3/9 this season)

- 6 TDs and 0 INTs with a 97.2 QB Rating in the redzone

- 4 TDs and 0 INTs with a 106.2 QB Rating in the last two minutes of a half

- 4 TDs and 0 INTs with a 99.4 QB Rating when the score margin was within 7 points

- When ahead by 1-8 points he had 1 TD and 0 INTs with a 94.9 QB Rating

- When behind by 1-8 points he had 5 TDs and 1 INT with an 88.9 QB Rating

- Quarter-by-quarter stats

1st: 39/63 61.9% 438 yards 1 TD 0 INTs 87.9 QB Rating
2nd: 44/82 53.7% 428 yards 3 TDs 0 INTs 80.7 QB Rating
3rd: 27/46 58.7% 277 yards 1 TD 4 INTs 47.1 QB Rating
4th: 52/84 61.9% 519 yards 4 TDs 2 INTs 85.4 QB Rating

4th within 7: 16/26 61.5% 257 yards 2 TDs 0 INTs 120.2 QB Rating


So tie him up at half time, release him in the 4th quarter?
Sounds like a plan! Razz


The concerning thing for me re: that 3rd quarter drop off...is that Blaine being slow to react to the other teams' halftime defensive adjustments?

The flip side...maybe some of that is just our playcalling being slow to react instead? Which would be rectified with a new OC, obviously.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45047
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As bad as Mularkey was, I wouldn't hesitate to think he was the cause of us coming out flat then.

Still a potential cause for concern, but I think it was largely on his shoulders.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20570
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he can make the jump up in the third to where he was in the other quarters though, that's a solid quarterback performance and definitely one we can build on.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20570
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
As bad as Mularkey was, I wouldn't hesitate to think he was the cause of us coming out flat then.

Still a potential cause for concern, but I think it was largely on his shoulders.


I think it was Mularkey as well because all sides of the ball would come out flat - not just Gabbert & the offense.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dswinton


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 794
Location: Northside Duval
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caldwell following the footsteps of Mularkey putting his trust in Gabbert. Gabbert gets people fired. Whatever happen to him bringing in QB to compete for the job. You know what I get it now he wants Bridgewater.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45047
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
Caldwell following the footsteps of Mularkey putting his trust in Gabbert. Gabbert gets people fired. Whatever happen to him bringing in QB to compete for the job. You know what I get it now he wants Bridgewater.
Who has Gabbert gotten fired?
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45047
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Del Rio got fired because he quit on the team, not because Gabbert was a struggling rookie. Gene Smith got fired because the team was 2-14 (1-8 in games that Gabbert wasn't a part of the end result), and missed on several Free Agents/draft picks. Mularkey got fired because Caldwell didn't like him, because the team sucked, the team hated him, and for various other reasons.

Trying to spin all of that into "Gabbert gets people fired" is irrational, at best. The only way Gabbert is good enough to make sure none of those guys gets fired is if he came out like Tom Brady in several games and willed the team to wins.

And where is this idea that all of a sudden we won't potentially be bringing in a QB to compete coming from? Because Caldwell said he was a young QB, and then followed that up by stating "We’ll upgrade whenever we can upgrade"? Is that where this is coming from?
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dswinton


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 794
Location: Northside Duval
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When he said we should build around Gabbert. I guess you (Ipwn) want Gabbert to start too. I dont get you guys on here maybe yall like losing, how could anyone defend Gabbert's poor performance after 2 years. Unless you are in favor of us sucking for Bridgewater because Gabbert is the right guy for that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Its A Sabotage


Moderator
Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 34712
Location: Do. Your. Job.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
When he said we should build around Gabbert. I guess you (Ipwn) want Gabbert to start too. I dont get you guys on here maybe yall like losing, how could anyone defend Gabbert's poor performance after 2 years. Unless you are in favor of us sucking for Bridgewater because Gabbert is the right guy for that.


This the same Caldwell that said Gabbert was the 2nd youngest QB to start in the league and needed time, then said he is looking at the draft and FA to find someone else to either push him or start?
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20570
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Gabbert to start and think we should pick up Curtis Painter because I don't want anyone threatening him.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group