Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dashon Goldson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LANiner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always talk to myself the problems when I start answering my self Surprised

LANiner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
I didn't notice the avatars at first. I thought LANiner was having a conversation with himself.

Hey y2 your Ann ok dude we have our different opinions and all and I might seem stand of ishbut your a cool dude if I were to bump into you I'd probably give you the middle finger and tell you to let's go have a beer Laughing

Last edited by LANiner on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:19 am; edited 2 times in total
John232

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a large reason people have an ambivalence regarding Dashon is because prior to this season, he was largely regarded as an inconsistent player in almost all facets of his game. He would make an incredible hit only to follow it with a shoulder lead whiff two plays later. That was sort of his MO. He'll make a spectacular play and then blow a coverage assignment.

This year he's been much more consistent and I would tag him to see if he can put two years together at an all-pro/pro-bowl level.

xsaMainevent on the sig
LANiner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
I didn't notice the avatars at first. I thought LANiner was having a conversation with himself.

Hey y2 your Ann ok dude we have our different opinions and all and I might seem stand of ishbut your a cool dude if I were to bump into you I'd probably give you the middle finger and tell you to let's go have a better Laughing

neezy007

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
I think a large reason people have an ambivalence regarding Dashon is because prior to this season, he was largely regarded as an inconsistent player in almost all facets of his game. He would make an incredible hit only to follow it with a shoulder lead whiff two plays later. That was sort of his MO. He'll make a spectacular play and then blow a coverage assignment.

This year he's been much more consistent and I would tag him to see if he can put two years together at an all-pro/pro-bowl level.

These last two seasons though, especially this one, I think that has been reduced. He makes big plays far more than whiffing. I really think he is the unsung hero of the D. I have noticed when teams start to drive on us and they hit an intermediate route when Goldson blows them to pieces it really takes the D to a new level. They start playing more aggressive. He has been good in coverage and he really does make opposing offensive players pay when they make a play. He is worth it.

I think he takes an incentive laden 3 year deal.
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LANiner wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:

Hey y2 your Ann ok dude we have our different opinions and all and I might seem stand of ishbut your a cool dude if I were to bump into you I'd probably give you the middle finger and tell you to let's go have a beer Laughing

I think I'm flattered? Laughing

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 26th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #25, Eddie George: 51
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 578
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG21_PW52 wrote:
LANiner wrote:
I think we can have some do gap pay next year from Darrell mcbath is ideal proto typical size and speed ed donatell might even be able to make a starter of himeither way this isva very deep safety draft can find some one to groom

Laughing I want what he's having.

I read this 5 times and still don't know what he meant. I think he thinks Darcell not Darnell McBath is a prototypical safety?

I just laughed and scratched my head. He must be on some Tylenol PM ish

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
LANiner wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:

I don't even know what is going on in this thread right now..... Are you guys having a beer or a better? If a better then a better what? And who is Ann?

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
LANiner wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:

I don't even know what is going on in this thread right now..... Are you guys having a beer or a better? If a better then a better what? And who is Ann?

Go home auto correct, you're drunk.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
LANiner wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:

I think he is a little passed drunk.... This seems to be FUBAR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This obviously has nothing to do with Dashon's contract, but do you think he'd be exponentially better playing SS?
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blast wrote:
This obviously has nothing to do with Dashon's contract, but do you think he'd be exponentially better playing SS?

I think the notions of FS and SS don't mean much in today's NFL. Both safeties have to be able to do everything if they want to succeed. That means covering man, zone, playing in the box, hitting, reading the QB's eyes, etc. I don't really see how much Dashon's game would change if he switched position.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
LANiner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
LANiner wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:

Heyno need to get jealous socal your ok in my book.

I promise I won't drink and Swype anymore

SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LANiner wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
LANiner wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:

Heyno need to get jealous socal your ok in my book.

I promise I won't drink and Swype anymore

I love Swype, makes using a tablet so much easier. But yeah, not more Swyping and drinking can lead to dangerous things. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
blast wrote:

I think the notions of FS and SS don't mean much in today's NFL. Both safeties have to be able to do everything if they want to succeed. That means covering man, zone, playing in the box, hitting, reading the QB's eyes, etc. I don't really see how much Dashon's game would change if he switched position.

I think you are partially correct in that you must do all things well but there is definitely preferred skill set for each position. Our SS is more of a in-box type who must tackle extremely well. Dashon can tackle and is physical but he is much better coming from 12-15 yards out rather than within steps of the LOS and having to deal with traffic. In our system he is an ideal FS.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19

Jump to: