Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The DeAndre Hopkins hype train is now boarding...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

All Aboard!!!
On my way!
68%
 68%  [ 24 ]
No thanks, I'll pass!
31%
 31%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 35

Author Message
Purple blood


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 415
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First round Patterson or Allen, second round Hopkins or woods we need WR badly and I have no problem shoring it up in the first two rounds not likely but I'd like to see it happen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CriminalMind


Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 5089
Location: Toronto, CA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple blood wrote:
First round Patterson or Allen, second round Hopkins or woods we need WR badly and I have no problem shoring it up in the first two rounds not likely but I'd like to see it happen


Theres very lil chance I would be willing to take a WR in the 1st and 2nd round. That scenario would likely need to included Percy Harvin being traded for a 1st rounder in 2013 for me to consider this.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thanatos


Joined: 01 Jan 2013
Posts: 476
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Purple blood wrote:
First round Patterson or Allen, second round Hopkins or woods we need WR badly and I have no problem shoring it up in the first two rounds not likely but I'd like to see it happen


Theres very lil chance I would be willing to take a WR in the 1st and 2nd round. That scenario would likely need to included Percy Harvin being traded for a 1st rounder in 2013 for me to consider this.


That includes the chance that we grab somebody like Wallace or Jennings in FA. If the Vikings are going to draft WR in the draft it's going to be a 1st-2nd round pick and then a late round pick like Marcus Davis or Aaron Mellette, somebody to build behind an already decent WR front.
_________________
Quote:
I'm a Vikings fan, that must naturally mean that I'm a masochist, right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 25931
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus Davis is someone that should be avoided. Not doing well tracking, caching, and gaining separation at the east/west shrine game.

He's too stiff. Emory Blake is a much better late round receiving prospect.
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thanatos


Joined: 01 Jan 2013
Posts: 476
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Marcus Davis is someone that should be avoided. Not doing well tracking, caching, and gaining separation at the east/west shrine game.

He's too stiff. Emory Blake is a much better late round receiving prospect.


I prefer Blake as well but I'm thinking long term when I made that post. Blake could end up being a middle round prospect if he does well. Davis likely won't move at all and has enough size to be selected in a late round even if he does have borderline UDFA skills.
_________________
Quote:
I'm a Vikings fan, that must naturally mean that I'm a masochist, right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lil Uno


Joined: 17 Sep 2007
Posts: 7917
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Marcus Davis is someone that should be avoided. Not doing well tracking, caching, and gaining separation at the east/west shrine game.

He's too stiff. Emory Blake is a much better late round receiving prospect.


Yeah, Davis was dreadful all week at the shrine game practices. His best bet is to add another 15 pounds and get up to that 250 range so he can be utilized as a joker Tight End. That way he won't have to worry about working the deep ball too often and he can pose great mismatches with his speed.
_________________

Maxx Williams For Mackey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48331
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Chris Cooley played most of his career around 240. Same with Delanie Walker. Those types of TEs/weapons in an offense can be helpful so I dont think an oversized WR will have much issue finding a spot in the NFL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 25931
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I believe Chris Cooley played most of his career around 240. Same with Delanie Walker. Those types of TEs/weapons in an offense can be helpful so I dont think an oversized WR will have much issue finding a spot in the NFL.

Cooley and Walker had/have some short area quickness. Davis doesn't.
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thanatos


Joined: 01 Jan 2013
Posts: 476
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
I believe Chris Cooley played most of his career around 240. Same with Delanie Walker. Those types of TEs/weapons in an offense can be helpful so I dont think an oversized WR will have much issue finding a spot in the NFL.

Cooley and Walker had/have some short area quickness. Davis doesn't.


I don't see that rumored "4.4 speed" from him when he plays.
_________________
Quote:
I'm a Vikings fan, that must naturally mean that I'm a masochist, right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nzd07


Joined: 13 Nov 2010
Posts: 2767
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't mind trading up for him in the 2nd if we were to go MLB in the 1st.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 14942
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the feeling either he or Cordalle Patterson will be a New England Patriot next year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Nzd07


Joined: 13 Nov 2010
Posts: 2767
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
I have the feeling either he or Cordalle Patterson will be a New England Patriot next year.


Yeah I think either Hopkins or one of West Virginia's receivers will be a Patriot next year.

Unless they trade up, Patterson will be long gone. I've even heard some Titans fans talk about taking them with their first rounder.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 7218
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nzd07 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
I have the feeling either he or Cordalle Patterson will be a New England Patriot next year.


Yeah I think either Hopkins or one of West Virginia's receivers will be a Patriot next year.


That's a better bet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 74909
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeAndre Hopkins looked every bit like a first-round draft pick. The Clemson wide receiver caught seemingly everything thrown his way, with at least one highlight-reel one-handed grab on all three days of practice. That included Sunday, when he caught a lofted deep ball from Case Keenum down the left sideline with his left hand while his right arm was being held by a defensive back who was on his back as Hopkins made the catch falling to the ground.

Gary Kubiak: Hes special. Ball skills are extremely special. Very long, long arms. Big hands. you saw the catch he made out here today. Hes going to help us early, and we know that, and thats why we brought him here.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Nick%E2%80%99s-Notes-Texans-rookie-mini-camp/86d52e07-a944-4925-ac27-b5659c0b3aed



SteelKing728 wrote:
I have the feeling either he or Cordalle Patterson will be a New England Patriot next year.

ok, Miss Cleo...

Very Happy


CriminalMind wrote:
Theres very lil chance I would be willing to take a WR in the 1st and 2nd round. That scenario would likely need to included Percy Harvin being traded for a 1st rounder in 2013 for me to consider this.

it worked out just that way...
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skywindO2


Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 14538
Location: Minneapolis, MN
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wasn't that far off. Got taken with New England's pick!
_________________

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group