Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The DeAndre Hopkins hype train is now boarding...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

All Aboard!!!
On my way!
68%
 68%  [ 24 ]
No thanks, I'll pass!
31%
 31%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 35

AQuintus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the 2nd round? Definitely on this hype train.

1st round? No way.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watch the bowl game, watched Hopkins tear it up. Still not too eager to board the hype train though. Wink

#97 Everson Griffin: 27 tackles : 5.5 sacks : 1 FF ; 16 games played
Thanatos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Clemson WR's are definitely 1st round picks. These guys are making Tajh Boyd look a lot better than he actually is. I do like Hopkins from what I saw in the bowl game against LSU, he was everywhere on that field and found the gaps in coverage. That early conversion on Clemson's game winning drive was definitely a lot on Hopkins and little to Boyd who chucked it into double coverage.

He's going to be good in this league and I think it's ironic because a few years ago there were literally no impact offensive players coming out of Clemson. I think the verdict is still out on Spiller and Dwayne Allen is a good TE but Hopkins, Watkins and even Ellington look promising as pro caliber players or at the floor value, role players that could product big plays
husker_vikes3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe
Clemson wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins will enter the next NFL Draft, according to a source.

skywindO2 wrote:
I'm still under the impression that the old coaching staff thought intercepting passes was against the rules.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

husker_vikes3 wrote:
Quote:
Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe
Clemson wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins will enter the next NFL Draft, according to a source.

Great move, one more WR option at the end of round 1.
Thanatos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
husker_vikes3 wrote:
Quote:
Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe

Great move, one more WR option at the end of round 1.

Agreed. I feel that this is leaning towards a draft where the Vikings are going to have a clear #1 guy at 22 and then they are going to move down to grab a WR if they don't get that guy. This is shaping up to be a very friendly draft for the Vikings right now.
DJpillz317

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the guy a lot, would love to trade up in round 2 to grab him, and use our first rounder on someone else however.

Prediction: Derek Carr = next Brandon Weeden; Zach Mett will be a good starter; Manziel will be a STAR.
Blake Bortles is going to be a Viking
AQuintus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJpillz317 wrote:
I like the guy a lot, would love to trade up in round 2 to grab him, and use our first rounder on someone else however.

I don't even think that I'd trade up in the 2nd for him at this point. If he's there in the 2nd, then great, take him, but there's a good chance someone like Robert Woods or Da'Rick Rogers will be available at our 2nd round pick, and they're just as good.
DJpillz317

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
DJpillz317 wrote:

I don't even think that I'd trade up in the 2nd for him at this point. If he's there in the 2nd, then great, take him, but there's a good chance someone like Robert Woods or Da'Rick Rogers will be available at our 2nd round pick, and they're just as good.

That's very true, just gonna have to wait for FA and see how many WRs are drafted in round 1. Hopefully not a lot!

Prediction: Derek Carr = next Brandon Weeden; Zach Mett will be a good starter; Manziel will be a STAR.
Blake Bortles is going to be a Viking
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopkins will be a first round pick.
AQuintus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Hopkins will be a first round pick.

Maybe, but if he goes 1st round, that means there's a very good chance one or more of Hunter, Patterson, Williams, or Allen doesn't go 1st round.
LoverInTheCold

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This draft strikes me as just one of those drafts where there's a feast to be had on WRs slipping to the 2nd round. There's just so much talent to be had in that late 1st to 2nd round for the position. And with the exception of Terrance Williams, I love all of them. This is the one draft that I wish we had a couple or even a few 2nd round picks because we could really fix the position for the long haul.

I like the way Hopkins plays. He plays mean and hungry. Not out of control, just mean and hungry.

Right now, I've got him as my 3rd best WR, so I'd be ecstatic if we landed him in either the late 1st or 2nd.

Problem is, Rick is such a dolt when it comes to the position, that I'm not sure he'd recognize talent at WR if it slapped him in the head with the draft card. Honestly, I'm not expecting him to do much with the position this off-season. I hope I'm wrong, but I said that last off-season too. He's just one of those guys who seems to think his team can get by without elite talent at the position. We all agree that Percy isn't a traditional WR and that pick was all Chilly's signoff anyway, so really the only real effort he's made to improve the team at the position was drafting Rice his first year.

Adopt-a-Viking: Rhett Ellison
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopkins is so smooth and he high points the ball. He's my 2nd favorite receiver in this draft. If he smooths out some wrinkles in his route running he will be a good one.

In a GM mock right now. Patterson, Allen, and Austin went in the first round. Terrance Williams went at 41, Justin Hunter went at 42, and I tried to trade up to 43 but he wanted to make his pick (Zac Dysert). I got on the horn with the team at 44 and was able to flip our second and early 4th to move up 10 slots and draft Hopkins after taking Rhodes in the first round.
LoverInTheCold

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Hopkins is so smooth and he high points the ball. He's my 2nd favorite receiver in this draft. If he smooths out some wrinkles in his route running he will be a good one.

In a GM mock right now. Patterson, Allen, and Austin went in the first round. Terrance Williams went at 41, Justin Hunter went at 42, and I tried to trade up to 43 but he wanted to make his pick (Zac Dysert). I got on the horn with the team at 44 and was able to flip our second and early 4th to move up 10 slots and draft Hopkins after taking Rhodes in the first round.

That's a pretty fantastic one-two punch. Very Happy

Adopt-a-Viking: Rhett Ellison
perrynoid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoverInTheCold wrote:
This draft strikes me as just one of those drafts where there's a feast to be had on WRs slipping to the 2nd round. There's just so much talent to be had in that late 1st to 2nd round...

This is why I'd like to see us trade back in the first round. By the time the draft rolls around to our position (23rd overall I believe), the talent level is going to be the same for a while, and if we can find a hungry team targeting a specific player, we could pick up an extra draft pick or two.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: