Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Some Under The Radar Late RD Picks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuck44

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Some Under The Radar Late RD Picks Reply with quote

Andrew Jackson ILB WKU 6 1 260....downhill thumper who doesnt miss tackles, great instincts, decent in pass coverage..,played well when team played top flite opponents...labled as one of countries hardest hitters..be worth a 5th or 6th rd shot

Keith McGill CB Utah 6 3 1/2 215 4.35...Juco all american played safety first year the moved back to CB which is his natural position...reminds many of Sean Smith who plays for dolphins...another good late rd guy>fantasic size to speed ratio for the big NFC north receivers

Brandon Coleman WR 6 6 220 4.55 Huge redzone target 10 tds this year..not a burner but goes up after ball...is raw but worth a late rd flier

Anyone else have these guys on their radar..or anymore info on these guys
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Under The Radar Late RD Picks Reply with quote

chuck44 wrote:
Brandon Coleman WR 6 6 220 4.55 Huge redzone target 10 tds this year..not a burner but goes up after ball...is raw but worth a late rd flier

2010: Did not see game action.

2011: Appeared in all 13 games, including five starts at wide receiver averaged 32.5 yards per reception and an amazing 51.8 yards per touchdown reception ... first player in Rutgers history with two receptions of 85 yards or longer in the same season ... 9 of his 17 receptions covered 25 yards or more ... best performance of his career at UConn (11/26), setting career highs with six catches for 223 yards and two touchdowns outing against the Huskies included the longest RU play from scrimmage in 2011, a 92-yard pass-and-catch for touchdown ... member of the BIG EAST All-Academic Football Team.

2012: Named to Preseason All-BIG EAST Second and Third Teams by Athlon and Phil Steele, respectively... 43 receptions for 718 yards... 16.7 average with 10 td's.

http://scarletknights.com/football/roster/detail.asp?id=4519

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?

Last edited by vike daddy on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coleman is a beast, but I have a feeling he will return to school to try and improve his draft stock.
chuck44

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Coleman is a beast, but I have a feeling he will return to school to try and improve his draft stock.

yeah you could be right...but i think his speed is a question mark...and 10 tds last might be hard to improve on...i have seen as high as 4.65 for his 40 ..who knows just have to wait and see.. if he does come out where do you see him being drafted....Am i DELUSIONAL lol!! to think he might be there in the 5th or 6th rd
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Third to Fifth round. Someone will take a chance on him being a Marques Colston type WR/TE tweener.

It does all depend on how fast he runs.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

how fast can a stork run...? that kid is TALL!

Webmaster wrote:

Last edited by vike daddy on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
chuck44

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Third to Fifth round. Someone will take a chance on him being a Marques Colston type WR/TE tweener.

Yeah if he runs sub 4.5...he shoots up a few rds for sure....you ever heard of the other two
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackson yes, but I'm not super familiar with McGill. If he truly runs in the 4.3's and has some semblance of physicality to go with that size I'm surprised there isn't a ton of talk about him.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I'm not super familiar with McGill. If he truly runs in the 4.3's and has some semblance of physicality to go with that size I'm surprised there isn't a ton of talk about him.

season ending shoulder injury, i read....

Webmaster wrote:
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like McGill redshirted this year and will be back in Utah next year.
chuck44

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Looks like McGill redshirted this year and will be back in Utah next year.

Did not know that..i was looking at prospects on nfl draft focus and saw his name and stats ..then did a litle research but did not see his injury and redshirt....probaly why there was no buzz about him like you said.

a guy with those measurables from a decent school should create some hype..now i know why
biggsohnasty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I do love me the "sleeper"/late round draft conversations!

I haven't done a ton of research yet on late round guys but one that I am familiar with being an NDSU student is:

Marcus Williams-CB-NDSU
Not sure if he will declare as he is a RSJr but hes arguably the best cover CB in the FCS and has been a key cog on a dominant NDSU defense the last 2 seasons. Also could provide value as a PR guy. Size and minor knee issues could push him down but he could be really good slot CB type.

Draft projection: 6-7
If he declares, he will probably measure about 5'10 185 which is relatively small coupled with the face that he plays FCS will push him down boards. I think he could be a gem though in the late rounds and in a worst case scenario could give us what Sherels gives in the PR game
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackson and Coleman aren't underrated, they just aren't expected to come out this year. Both will be 1st round picks when they do. McGill is a nice prospect but he received a medical redshirt and will be back at Utah next year.

Good Luck Chris Cook.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuck44 wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

yeah you could be right...but i think his speed is a question mark...and 10 tds last might be hard to improve on...i have seen as high as 4.65 for his 40 ..who knows just have to wait and see.. if he does come out where do you see him being drafted....Am i DELUSIONAL lol!! to think he might be there in the 5th or 6th rd

His speed is what makes him an elite prospect. He ran a 4.48 coming out of high school. He has only gotten faster and should run between a 4.43 and 4.45 come next year.

Good Luck Chris Cook.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everywhere I've seen shows him in the mid 4.5's?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: