Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How about Jim Tressel?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Metcalf21


Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Posts: 121
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: How about Jim Tressel? Reply with quote

I mean if we are looking at guys like Doug Marrone and Bill O'Brien why not give the guy an interview.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 16859
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we have an Athletic Director position open or something?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13419
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Do we have an Athletic Director position open or something?


You're one funny guy lately.

Gets me every time.
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
malibuspeedrace


Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 14336
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: How about Jim Tressel? Reply with quote

Metcalf21 wrote:
I mean if we are looking at guys like Doug Marrone and Bill O'Brien why not give the guy an interview.

Oh goodness.

A brown sweater vest...
I will have to pass on that level of conservative.
_________________
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Can't believe I'm saying this, but go OSU.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Productiondawg


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 409
Location: Cincinnati
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: How about Jim Tressel? Reply with quote

Metcalf21 wrote:
I mean if we are looking at guys like Doug Marrone and Bill O'Brien why not give the guy an interview.


As I slowly give up on my hopes for Zimmer because its become clear we are interested in an offensive minded coach, I would say Tressel is an impossibility as his offense is offensive.
_________________
"If you can't stand the neural activity, than stay out of the neural activator" -Professor Fink  

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigMoneysProtege


Joined: 09 Mar 2005
Posts: 1594
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richardson, dive, 3 yards. Richardson, off tackle, 2 yards. Weeden incomplete to Jordan Cameron. Punt. Field position.

Yuck.

Never gonna happen, and for good reason.
_________________
Never looking back, or too far in front of me.

The present is a gift, and I just wanna be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sdrawkcab321


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 8783
Location: Cleveland
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

" the punt Is the most important play in football " -Jim tressel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cortes02


Joined: 17 Oct 2006
Posts: 2086
Location: Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I like Tressell as a college football coach, he would just get eaten alive in the NFL in my opinion.

Peace!!
_________________

Sig By Kempes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tully305


Joined: 26 Apr 2007
Posts: 1796
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maurice Carthon has a more dynamic offense than Tressel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5392
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously that would be worse than Shurmur. We would run the ball 35 times a game and kick 4 FGs a game. Punt every 4th and inches even from our the opponet 35 because a 52 yard FG is too risky for Tressell.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NateDawg


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Joined: 03 Apr 2005
Posts: 14788
Location: Hilliard
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: How about Jim Tressel? Reply with quote

Metcalf21 wrote:
I mean if we are looking at guys like Doug Marrone and Bill O'Brien why not give the guy an interview.


He'd make a nice team chaplain. I think we should give Terrelle Pryor a few looks as our starting quarterback next year as well. The Cleveland area has some great tattoo artists.

I'll pass. He's not an NFL coach.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
revans52us


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 1895
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Chip was a viable option as a HC in Cleveland, you would think Tressel would be just as a viable option. He won as many games and has a National Championship under his belt. Not saying we should hire him, but its kind of ironic that many hold Chip to a higher standard based on an offense none of us are sure would work in Cleveland.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
NateDawg


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Joined: 03 Apr 2005
Posts: 14788
Location: Hilliard
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

revans52us wrote:
If Chip was a viable option as a HC in Cleveland, you would think Tressel would be just as a viable option. He won as many games and has a National Championship under his belt. Not saying we should hire him, but its kind of ironic that many hold Chip to a higher standard based on an offense none of us are sure would work in Cleveland.


Aside from Tressel's personality not attracting the professional athlete type of guy, he never had any identity on offense. He had a conservative offensive approach and was extremely predictable. He was also far too committed to dead-weight coaches and players. I watched him coach for ten years, and he was an excellent college coach as a whole, but I think his transition to the NFL would be nothing short of a disaster.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 5803
Location: WV
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
revans52us wrote:
If Chip was a viable option as a HC in Cleveland, you would think Tressel would be just as a viable option. He won as many games and has a National Championship under his belt. Not saying we should hire him, but its kind of ironic that many hold Chip to a higher standard based on an offense none of us are sure would work in Cleveland.


Aside from Tressel's personality not attracting the professional athlete type of guy, he never had any identity on offense. He had a conservative offensive approach and was extremely predictable. He was also far too committed to dead-weight coaches and players. I watched him coach for ten years, and he was an excellent college coach as a whole, but I think his transition to the NFL would be nothing short of a disaster.


I think he would be a boring, but average head coach in the NFL. He is a little dated with his idea of beat the man in front of you and pick up yards. The NFL is more about advanced playbooks, double moves and throwing 40 times a game.

His calling for the NFL would have been 30 years ago. Not saying the NFL won't get back to that philosophy, but right now that's not what teams are looking for.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12290
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would rather soak my nuts in a vat of hydrochloric acid
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group