Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft 2013
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Draft 2013 Reply with quote

Is there any possible way of getting Barrett Jones? Without trading away our whole draft?
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barrett Jones at #20 which is our 1st round pick is considered a reach... There's a good likelihood he is available for our pick. I would rather Jon Cooper or Chance Warmack.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine if we drafted DeCastro last year with our pick and Warmack this year... Shocked

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 77 Yds: 821 TD: 6

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Sugashane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really see it as a stretch at all. Centers generally don't get picked as highly as OTs or dominant OGs, with a few exceptions the last 10 years being Mangold, Mack, Spenser, and the Pouncey twins. Only the twins were selected before 20th I believe.

That being said I believe Jones could play more than one position in the pros just as he did with 'Bama. He has played G, LT, and now C. The guy is a wildcard. We will see where he will want to play during the combine, and I think he could play ANYWHERE. The only knock against the guy at LT is his size ("only" 6'4"), and that he only actually spent one year there. It does seem apparent that he lacks athleticism of elite LTs like Staley though. But he did earn First Team All-SEC honors and third team All-American accolades by the Associated Press. The guy is smart too, already having his Master's degree with a 4.0 from what I read.

So if a team wants him at center, I think he lasts until the Colts, if a guard or a tackle, then we may barely have a shot. With us having such a makeshift line that will change so much in the next 2 years, that versatility may make him number 1 on Emery's big board.
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Al, there's over 20 pages of.draft prospect discussion specifically about the Bears right here:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=505163&start=300&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Feel free to join in on their conversation.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barrett Jones mentioned after the game he has a Lisfranc injury that will need surgery and he won't be able to workout before the draft.

My guess is that he is easily available for us in the 2nd if not in the 3rd.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two years in a row we take a 3rd round talent in the 1st? Nah I'll pass.
Athelite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
haha third round talent Laughing , Barret Jones will be an immediate all pro and a HOF'r. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind, quote me.

^Takeonme^
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athelite wrote:
DaMike wrote:
haha third round talent Laughing , Barret Jones will be an immediate all pro and a HOF'r. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind, quote me.

All pro is one thing, HOFer? Cmon man. Laughing

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 77 Yds: 821 TD: 6

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athelite wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Wasn't this said about Decastro last year as well?
There are some really GREAT GUARDS in the NFL. In order for him to be an IMMEDIATE All Pro, he would have to be one of the 2 best in the NFL. He would have to be better than Jarhri Evans, Carl Nicks, Mike Iupati, Alex Boone, Andy Levitre, etc... It ain't happening.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
I don't really see it as a stretch at all. Centers generally don't get picked as highly as OTs or dominant OGs, with a few exceptions the last 10 years being Mangold, Mack, Spenser, and the Pouncey twins. Only the twins were selected before 20th I believe.

That being said I believe Jones could play more than one position in the pros just as he did with 'Bama. He has played G, LT, and now C. The guy is a wildcard. We will see where he will want to play during the combine, and I think he could play ANYWHERE. The only knock against the guy at LT is his size ("only" 6'4"), and that he only actually spent one year there. It does seem apparent that he lacks athleticism of elite LTs like Staley though. But he did earn First Team All-SEC honors and third team All-American accolades by the Associated Press. The guy is smart too, already having his Master's degree with a 4.0 from what I read.

So if a team wants him at center, I think he lasts until the Colts, if a guard or a tackle, then we may barely have a shot. With us having such a makeshift line that will change so much in the next 2 years, that versatility may make him number 1 on Emery's big board.
This guy was voted the best lineman in the nation last year at LT. Who ever heard of a LT switching to center after winning an award like that.

I would take him, if available, so fast I would look like The Flash getting to the podium.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
There is NO chance of him dropping to the 3d round. Zero. And almost no chance he would drop to the second.

Emery will not let him go past the Bears pick.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
I like that dream but that is all it is.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athelite wrote:
DaMike wrote:
I would be happy to see him as an immediate starter for the Bears anywhere on the line.

I also have no doubt that he would eventually be All Pro.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Athelite wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Wasn't this said about Decastro last year as well?
There are some really GREAT GUARDS in the NFL. In order for him to be an IMMEDIATE All Pro, he would have to be one of the 2 best in the NFL. He would have to be better than Jarhri Evans, Carl Nicks, Mike Iupati, Alex Boone, Andy Levitre, etc... It ain't happening.
Decastro did not have the credentials that Jones does and his overestimation merely represented the hysteria and desperation Bears fans had about our line.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: