Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Athelite wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Two years in a row we take a 3rd round talent in the 1st? Nah I'll pass.
haha third round talent Laughing , Barret Jones will be an immediate all pro and a HOF'r. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind, quote me.
I would be happy to see him as an immediate starter for the Bears anywhere on the line.

I also have no doubt that he would eventually be All Pro.
Just like Carimi at RT?
Carimi could still be All Pro. I never said he would but he still is in the fight. Jones is one of the most impressive OLineman I have seen in a long time and I see little chance of him not being taken in the first half of the draft.

There may be half dozen of these Alabama guys taken in the first half.

BTW the rumor that GB was eyeing taking McClellin argues against him being a third round talent. It was as surprising as the Bears taking Dan Hampton who was on no one's draft projections.
It's hard to become an all pro when you're on the bench though. He needs to focus on being good enough to see the field. GB wasn't going to play him as a 4-3 DE. He was considered a potential 1st as a pass rush OLB.
He played quite a bit and was effective but no one expects these guys to be at their peak immediately. His progress was about what I expected so I am not disappointed.
I wasn't very high on Carimi coming out and he's even behind my expectations.
Same, I thought he would be adequate at RT, but a dominant interior player, neither of those have come to pass.

I think if they put him at RG for the entire offseason and Louis at LG that we would have 2 good OGs next year but that's just my opinion. Carimi was less than ideal at RG but considering he had never played RG in his life up until then we shouldn't have really had any expectations for otherwise. If he was given a whole offseason to learn the job though my expectations would be very high for him at RG.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Athelite wrote:
DaMike wrote:
haha third round talent Laughing , Barret Jones will be an immediate all pro and a HOF'r. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind, quote me.
I would be happy to see him as an immediate starter for the Bears anywhere on the line.

Just like Carimi at RT?
Carimi could still be All Pro. I never said he would but he still is in the fight. Jones is one of the most impressive OLineman I have seen in a long time and I see little chance of him not being taken in the first half of the draft.

BTW the rumor that GB was eyeing taking McClellin argues against him being a third round talent. It was as surprising as the Bears taking Dan Hampton who was on no one's draft projections.
It's hard to become an all pro when you're on the bench though. He needs to focus on being good enough to see the field. GB wasn't going to play him as a 4-3 DE. He was considered a potential 1st as a pass rush OLB.
He played quite a bit and was effective but no one expects these guys to be at their peak immediately. His progress was about what I expected so I am not disappointed.
Same, I thought he would be adequate at RT, but a dominant interior player, neither of those have come to pass.

I think if they put him at RG for the entire offseason and Louis at LG that we would have 2 good OGs next year but that's just my opinion. Carimi was less than ideal at RG but considering he had never played RG in his life up until then we shouldn't have really had any expectations for otherwise. If he was given a whole offseason to learn the job though my expectations would be very high for him at RG.

A good team or a playoff team does not have Gabe Carimi at RG.

The really good teams move on from their bad picks as soon as possible and don't try and force value out of someone who does not have it.

This team does not need another 4 years of Chris Williams with Gabe Carimi.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
I like that dream but that is all it is.

He is going for surgery soon and will be on crutches for the draft.

There is no way that he gets picked in the 1st round if he is on crutches. Injury is different than talent. But this guy is still likely to go higher than the 3d round even if he can only crawl. He might very well be around when the Bears draft considering what you said and it we could get him in the Second I would not hesitate.

You want a 1st round pick look beside him at 65 Chance Warmack he is the monster on that line.
I don't see him getting out of the first ten so I have not been thinking of him, just drooling. This Alabama line should be banned. Unbelievable. It made ND look like St. Mary's.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Athelite wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Just like Carimi at RT?

A good team or a playoff team does not have Gabe Carimi at RG.

The really good teams move on from their bad picks as soon as possible and don't try and force value out of someone who does not have it.

This team does not need another 4 years of Chris Williams with Gabe Carimi.
Shouldn't we wait until the guy gets totally healthy before ditching him? What if he is another Columbo not Williams?

Actually, we would have been better served by keeping Williams the rest of the year than cutting him when we did.
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:

There is no way that he gets picked in the 1st round if he is on crutches. Injury is different than talent. But this guy is still likely to go higher than the 3d round even if he can only crawl. He might very well be around when the Bears draft considering what you said and it we could get him in the Second I would not hesitate.

You want a 1st round pick look beside him at 65 Chance Warmack he is the monster on that line.
I don't see him getting out of the first ten so I have not been thinking of him, just drooling. This Alabama line should be banned. Unbelievable. It made ND look like St. Mary's.
Jones has no chance of being a top 10 pick. Jones didn't play well against ND. Nix was blowing him up on multiple plays. Jones couldn't move him even when Nix was hurt.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Jones has no chance of being a top 10 pick. Jones didn't play well against ND. Nix was blowing him up on multiple plays. Jones couldn't move him even when Nix was hurt.
Apparently Jones was hurt as well and no one was stopping that running attack.

I was speaking of Warmack being in top ten.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: