Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not responding to the post above mine, but Decastro's stock had nothing to do w/ Chicago's line situation, he was widely considered the best OL in the entire draft regardless of position, many analysts said there were "no flaws" in his game. He was the best OG prospect since Steve Hutchinson or so some said. He still did not come in and become an immediate all pro, its pretty stupid whenever anybody makes that statement b/c the guys in the NFL that are all pros, are really, really, really good, as in the best in the league, no rookie is going to come in and immediately be better than them.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Athelite wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Two years in a row we take a 3rd round talent in the 1st? Nah I'll pass.
haha third round talent Laughing , Barret Jones will be an immediate all pro and a HOF'r. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind, quote me.
I would be happy to see him as an immediate starter for the Bears anywhere on the line.

I also have no doubt that he would eventually be All Pro.
Just like Carimi at RT?
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Athelite wrote:
DaMike wrote:
haha third round talent Laughing , Barret Jones will be an immediate all pro and a HOF'r. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind, quote me.
Wasn't this said about Decastro last year as well?
There are some really GREAT GUARDS in the NFL. In order for him to be an IMMEDIATE All Pro, he would have to be one of the 2 best in the NFL. He would have to be better than Jarhri Evans, Carl Nicks, Mike Iupati, Alex Boone, Andy Levitre, etc... It ain't happening.
Decastro did not have the credentials that Jones does and his overestimation merely represented the hysteria and desperation Bears fans had about our line.
Jones isn't on the same level as DeCastro was. Jones can't play multiple positions at once. Versatility is nice and all but he's an NFL center.
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Athelite wrote:
DaMike wrote:
I would be happy to see him as an immediate starter for the Bears anywhere on the line.

Just like Carimi at RT?

Haha, exactly.....I get so bored with these OL discussions myself.....lets say we did draft DeCastro...then Barret Jones this year....its still kind of.....meh...

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Athelite wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Just like Carimi at RT?
Carimi could still be All Pro. I never said he would but he still is in the fight. Jones is one of the most impressive OLineman I have seen in a long time and I see little chance of him not being taken in the first half of the draft.

There may be half dozen of these Alabama guys taken in the first half.

BTW the rumor that GB was eyeing taking McClellin argues against him being a third round talent. It was as surprising as the Bears taking Dan Hampton who was on no one's draft projections.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Athelite wrote:
DaMike wrote:
There are some really GREAT GUARDS in the NFL. In order for him to be an IMMEDIATE All Pro, he would have to be one of the 2 best in the NFL. He would have to be better than Jarhri Evans, Carl Nicks, Mike Iupati, Alex Boone, Andy Levitre, etc... It ain't happening.
Decastro did not have the credentials that Jones does and his overestimation merely represented the hysteria and desperation Bears fans had about our line.
Jones isn't on the same level as DeCastro was. Jones can't play multiple positions at once. Versatility is nice and all but he's an NFL center.
Perhaps but that is AT THE MINIMUM.

However, I hear he is going to play multiple positions at once. He will just be a big blur.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Athelite wrote:
DaMike wrote:

However, I hear he is going to play multiple positions at once. He will just be a big blur.

I would put him at center and leave him there personally.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
I'm not responding to the post above mine, but Decastro's stock had nothing to do w/ Chicago's line situation, he was widely considered the best OL in the entire draft regardless of position, many analysts said there were "no flaws" in his game. He was the best OG prospect since Steve Hutchinson or so some said. He still did not come in and become an immediate all pro, its pretty stupid whenever anybody makes that statement b/c the guys in the NFL that are all pros, are really, really, really good, as in the best in the league, no rookie is going to come in and immediately be better than them.
Our friend who is not talking to me must have forgotten about Kalil when declaring Decastro "the best OL in the entire draft regardless of position." Or it is a good thing Minnesota didn't discover this.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Athelite wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I would put him at center and leave him there personally.
Should we get him that would be fine with me and would secure that position for the next ten years.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Athelite wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Just like Carimi at RT?
Carimi could still be All Pro. I never said he would but he still is in the fight. Jones is one of the most impressive OLineman I have seen in a long time and I see little chance of him not being taken in the first half of the draft.

BTW the rumor that GB was eyeing taking McClellin argues against him being a third round talent. It was as surprising as the Bears taking Dan Hampton who was on no one's draft projections.
It's hard to become an all pro when you're on the bench though. He needs to focus on being good enough to see the field. GB wasn't going to play him as a 4-3 DE. He was considered a potential 1st as a pass rush OLB.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Athelite wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Just like Carimi at RT?

It's hard to become an all pro when you're on the bench though. He needs to focus on being good enough to see the field. GB wasn't going to play him as a 4-3 DE. He was considered a potential 1st as a pass rush OLB.
He played quite a bit and was effective but no one expects these guys to be at their peak immediately. His progress was about what I expected so I am not disappointed.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Athelite wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Just like Carimi at RT?

He played quite a bit and was effective but no one expects these guys to be at their peak immediately. His progress was about what I expected so I am not disappointed.
I wasn't very high on Carimi coming out and he's even behind my expectations.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Athelite wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Just like Carimi at RT?

I wasn't very high on Carimi coming out and he's even behind my expectations.
Same, I thought he would be adequate at RT, but a dominant interior player, neither of those have come to pass.

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again I'll remind everyone about positional value. The top OT, let's say Kalil, is always going to be taken ahead of the top OG, let's say Decastro, b/c of positional value regardless of who is actually better at their respective position. The same reason that the top OT, let's say Joe Thomas, is always going to make more than the top OG, let's say Jahri Evans, even though Evans is clearly the best OL in the entire league.

WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
I like that dream but that is all it is.

He is going for surgery soon and will be on crutches for the draft.

There is no way that he gets picked in the 1st round if he is on crutches.

You want a 1st round pick look beside him at 65 Chance Warmack he is the monster on that line.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: