Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eric's seasons end mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Eric's seasons end mock Reply with quote

Ok guys, im just doing a quick layout of it. Because i have been working on a mock for an hour and a half and all the sudden <internet randomly stops working. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Resigned:
J. Felton
J. Sanford
A. Jefferson
P. Loadholt

Not resigned/cut:
D. Aromashodu
J.simpson
B. Burton
S. Burton
A. Sendejo
M. Sherels
E. Henderson
J. Brinkley
M. Asiata

Free agent signings:

Vikings sign G Louis Vasquez.
Starting RG, decent all around player

Vikings sign DT Jason Jones.
Big time, pass rusher. Starter at UT with Kevin moving to the nose.

Vikings sign S Louis Delmas.
Starter opposite Smith, injury problems but big time talent.

other signings: HB: S. Logan, QB: B. Leftwich.

DRAFT:

1. WR, Justin Hunter
Perfect WR for Ponder, big 6-4 frame with great speed and a gifted athlete. Really coming on as of late since the shredding of his knee last year.

2. ILB, Kevin Minter
Starter at MLB from day one, and he can play all three downs as he is good in coverage.

3. CB, Jamar Taylor
Really good all around player, fits our team perfectly. Should be in open competition with Robinson and AJ to start at LCB.

Vikings trade both of their 4th round picks for the very next pick. The 24th pick in the 3rd round.

3. LB, Gerald Hodges
Another Penn state LB that is hard nosed and can thump. Could take Erins spot at SLB.

5. G, Omoregie Uzzi
Not the biggest G, but he can play all over the line. that alone makes him valueble. Could push Charlie

6. WR, Conner Vernon
Solid WR with all the tools to be a good number 4-5 WR in the NFL, him and Childs battle it out for the 5th spot.

7. P, Brad Wing
Kluwe, aint nobody got time for that.

Like i said, i had a bad A** mock going with long explanations and pics and all that good stuff. But my CPU is a piece o crap. So if you want an explanation for anything i did. Please ask and ill be glad to give my explanation.

Depth chart coming

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like most of the players in your draft. I do have a hard time seeing Minter last almost to the third round, but stranger things have happened.

I want nothing to do with Stefan Logan; the guy is a clown. Jason Jones is too small to be a full time 3-tech and Kevin Williams would make a really poor NT.

Sucks that your computer was being stupid! Mine actually died while I was working on my mock; thank goodness for Google Drive.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings 7th is likely gone in the AJ Jefferson trade.

meixdaddy_10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not positive on draft value but i think giving up 2 4th round picks to move up like 12 spots seems a bit much...I think we could move up for the 1st 4th and a 5th (maybe add a 7th next year or something) giving us a 4th rounder still to get a really good player.

I like the majority of the 4th rounders that speilman has made over the last few years. He seems to find good value their.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meixdaddy_10 wrote:
Im not positive on draft value but i think giving up 2 4th round picks to move up like 12 spots seems a bit much...I think we could move up for the 1st 4th and a 5th (maybe add a 7th next year or something) giving us a 4th rounder still to get a really good player.

I like the majority of the 4th rounders that speilman has made over the last few years. He seems to find good value their.

Nope, value is about spot on, we over pay by 6 points. The 3rd is 150 points, and the 4th's are 100 and 56 points.

Eric dunn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Like most of the players in your draft. I do have a hard time seeing Minter last almost to the third round, but stranger things have happened.

I want nothing to do with Stefan Logan; the guy is a clown. Jason Jones is too small to be a full time 3-tech and Kevin Williams would make a really poor NT.

Sucks that your computer was being stupid! Mine actually died while I was working on my mock; thank goodness for Google Drive.

Well i brought in Logan to play ST mostly, KR and PR. And from when ive seen him he is actually good at it.

As for Jones, i dont think he is too small. He is 6-5 290, seems fine to me. I think he would really bring some much needed push up the middle even if he didnt start. Maybe leave Kevin at UT and just split snaps with Jones? Imagine our dline on 3rd down. Allen - Jones - Griffen - Robison Shocked

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of bringing in Jason Jones as a reliever for Kevin Williams. At this point in Williams career, his pass rush skills seem to be really sliding. Adding Jones as a nickel/dime pass rusher at DT, alongside Griffen (or Robison) could give the team a bit more explosiveness in the interior.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefan Logan is the guy that took a knee at the 4 yard line of a free kick.

Laughing

Jason Jones is actually less than 280 lbs, and is a defensive end.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

Laughing

Jones played quite a bit of DT in Tennessee. He was moved more to a DE role in Seattle, but Seattle uses there DE like a 5 technique player, where Red Bryant is the starter. There LEO rusher is a standup rusher.
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Laughing

Hmm, i didnt see that. Laughing But he seems rather explosive on returns.

And as VR said, he played DT in Ten. Plus 275 isnt that bad for a DT.

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that Jones played DT a bit in Tennessee.

I was just stating currently that he's not a fit for our UT position and I question his ability to hold up being a 3-down player on the interior.
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

I was just stating currently that he's not a fit for our UT position and I question his ability to hold up being a 3-down player on the interior.

Well it would certainly be up in the air if he could be a 3 down DT. But there is no doubt he would bring a pass rush up the middle that Kevin no longer brings.

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

Jones did start a lot of games in TN at DT and he has always been listed around 280.

I actually wouldnt want to see Jones be a 3 down DT. That wasnt what i intended to come off as saying. I think Jones would be a decent player to rotate in at UT with WIlliams. William would play 75% of the time with Jones coming in mainly in passing sets. Basically, it would be replacing Ballard in the rotation if anything.

I think Williams and maybe Evans would be the starters, with Guion, Jones and Ballad as the reserves. It may not fix the problem long-term, though its hard to get everything done in one off season.

Last edited by vikingsrule on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric dunn wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

Well it would certainly be up in the air if he could be a 3 down DT. But there is no doubt he would bring a pass rush up the middle that Kevin no longer brings.

This we can agree on Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: