Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Yea.... So about the idea of drafting Téo and moving DQ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Yea.... So about the idea of drafting Téo and moving DQ Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Téo has looked god awful tonight, not only is he not making any impact plays, he is struggling to make tackles....... He is not going to be the next Ray Lewis, Urlacher, Patrick Willis. IMO I would not take him in the first round, let alone where we pick


no, not really the best OL in college football owned the front 3 and Te'o was engaged with blockers. Kinda like rey lewis fell of the map pre ngata.

imo the ability of the front 3 to keep ND's LB's clean has nothing to do with Te'o's stock
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13512
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Also blew his coverage on the Michael Williams td


Yeah I seen that, he bit hard on the play action


Looked like a boy among men last night.

I know guys are entitled to a bad game, but he seriously looked pathetic. For a guy to get that hyped and for him to play as poorly as he did is a damn disgrace.
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Ether


Joined: 16 Aug 2011
Posts: 2018
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Also blew his coverage on the Michael Williams td


Along with completely missing Lacey on one of his TD runs despite being left unblocked and the play being run right at him.

He did more than just not show up, he was exposed specifically many times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cortes02


Joined: 17 Oct 2006
Posts: 2101
Location: Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleBrowns07 wrote:
He's still a top 20 pick but tonight's performance will definitely hurt his stock. I was on the fence on him before but I think I've fallen on the "no Teo" side. Not worth the 6th overall.


I think the above says it perfectly for me.

Peace!!
_________________

Sig By Kempes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
big poppa pump


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 1911
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow....I love the overreaction to 1 freakin game. Great players have bad games in the pros....in college....in high school. One game does not discount the other things that were done by Te'o throughout the year.

How bout a guy like Vince Young that "went off" in the championship game against USC. The guy gets drafted 3 overall. Where is he now?

The Browns scouting staff will look at the entire body of work on Te'o and other draft prospects. Hopefully they take the player that will impact the team the best.
_________________

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
revans52us


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 1907
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
Lol.. It was one game. Dudes still a stud.


My thoughts exactly. Dude won nearly every award in college football this year as a linebacker from 4 years of solid play at ND. Now everyone thinks he isnt worth a 3rd rounder after 1 game.



Laughing Laughing Laughing

Glad these guys aren't in the war room on draft day with our Brownies...


Sure, he did win every award anyone can really achieve on the defensive side of the ball. Coming into this season, the biggest knocks against him were his inability to get off blocks and tackling ability. The sure reared their ugly head lastnight against the closest thing to NFL talent he has seen all season. Makes you think a little.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 17313
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
Tonight won't kill Teo's draft stock like some suggest, but it does confirm holes we already knew existed...still projects as a NFL starter

This is 100% correct RT @JoshNorris Only reason Te'o's "stock" is "falling" is because it was unfairly built up so high

Next time someone tries telling me how LB Manti Te'o is an "elite" NFL prospect, my response will be: "Put on the Alabama tape"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13512
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Quote:
Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
Tonight won't kill Teo's draft stock like some suggest, but it does confirm holes we already knew existed...still projects as a NFL starter

This is 100% correct RT @JoshNorris Only reason Te'o's "stock" is "falling" is because it was unfairly built up so high

Next time someone tries telling me how LB Manti Te'o is an "elite" NFL prospect, my response will be: "Put on the Alabama tape"


Unfairly built up?

Right.

I'm sure he was saying that before the Heisman ceremony.
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 17313
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Quote:
Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
Tonight won't kill Teo's draft stock like some suggest, but it does confirm holes we already knew existed...still projects as a NFL starter

This is 100% correct RT @JoshNorris Only reason Te'o's "stock" is "falling" is because it was unfairly built up so high

Next time someone tries telling me how LB Manti Te'o is an "elite" NFL prospect, my response will be: "Put on the Alabama tape"


Unfairly built up?

Right.

I'm sure he was saying that before the Heisman ceremony.


Draft stock and collegiate awards are not related.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5441
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you arguing it was only 1 game are you actually saying you would draft him 6th overall? Ridiculous.

Yes, it was one game. I cannot speak for everyone saying he is a bum, but in my defense I have been saying he is merely a Top 25 player all year long. I have been against him Top 10 all year. I have watched him for 4 seasons and he has always been solid but unspectacular. He will not fail hard like McClain or Curry but he will not be and impact stud linebacker either.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 43237
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
For those of you arguing it was only 1 game are you actually saying you would draft him 6th overall? Ridiculous.

Yes, it was one game. I cannot speak for everyone saying he is a bum, but in my defense I have been saying he is merely a Top 25 player all year long. I have been against him Top 10 all year. I have watched him for 4 seasons and he has always been solid but unspectacular. He will not fail hard like McClain or Curry but he will not be and impact stud linebacker either.


People on this site love "rah rah" guys.

Alabama exposed his lack of speed last night
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5441
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Yea.... So about the idea of drafting Téo and moving DQ Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Téo has looked god awful tonight, not only is he not making any impact plays, he is struggling to make tackles....... He is not going to be the next Ray Lewis, Urlacher, Patrick Willis. IMO I would not take him in the first round, let alone where we pick


no, not really the best OL in college football owned the front 3 and Te'o was engaged with blockers. Kinda like rey lewis fell of the map pre ngata.

imo the ability of the front 3 to keep ND's LB's clean has nothing to do with Te'o's stock


Apparently you didn't watch the numerous plays he was unblocked and still failed miserably. You must have also missed his several blown coverages. It also doesn't matter what scheme you run linebackers have to get off blocks at the NFL level. Manti Teo couldn't get off one single block last night. Its also not the first game he has struggled to disengage himself from blocks.

Take the stat sheet shades off buddy.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FEARtheELF


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 5813
Location: THE Ohio State University
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im all for Jones, Moore, or a CB now
_________________

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12373
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People can say I am overreacting all they want but if people wanna call him an elite LB prospect then he had prolly better show up in the biggest game of his life.... Elite nothing, didn't even look like the Best LB on the field last night, hell didn't even look like the best LB on his own team. He missed a bunch of tackles, shot the wrong gap numerous times, got abused in coverage, could not get off a block to save his life. People wanna complain about DQ makin tackles 5 yards down the field, well when T'eo did make a tackle it was like 10 yards down field. And to those saying its just one game, once again yes it is but this game was the closest thing to an NFL game as he has seen all year, he ain't gonna be playing Pitt, BYU, navy, or an overrated USC team in the NFL. Eddie Lacey and TJ yeldon are not nearly as athletic of backs as he will see in the NFL and Michael Williams sure as hell isn't nearly as athletic of a TE that he will have to cover in the NFL
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NateDawg


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Joined: 02 Apr 2005
Posts: 14792
Location: Hilliard
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Teo is the type of guy who will still be a good linebacker in the NFL if he is put around some other good players. He's not going to be a superstar, but on a good defense, he'll make some plays and be a good starter. He's the type of guy who would be a good 20th pick of the draft, plugged into a group that has a big time linebacker already in the mix. I don't see much chance of Teo coming to Cleveland.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group