Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RGIII May miss 2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: RGIII May miss 2013 Reply with quote

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/washington-redskins-robert-griffin-iii-rg3-will-have-more-tests-on-acl-010713

It is not confirmed but Rober Griffin the III may have torn his ACL and LCL. That would require 9 to 12 months of rehab. I know Peterson did it in 8 and had a remarkable season but not everyone is Adrian Peterson.

Don't get me wrong, I do not wish injury on anyone and I would hate to see someone so young in his NFL career suffer such a setback.

However, I considered it relavent news considering they are in our division and swept us this year, including a trip to the playoffs.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: RGIII May miss 2013 Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/washington-redskins-robert-griffin-iii-rg3-will-have-more-tests-on-acl-010713

It is not confirmed but Rober Griffin the III may have torn his ACL and LCL. That would require 9 to 12 months of rehab. I know Peterson did it in 8 and had a remarkable season but not everyone is Adrian Peterson.

Don't get me wrong, I do not wish injury on anyone and I would hate to see someone so young in his NFL career suffer such a setback.

However, I considered it relavent news considering they are in our division and swept us this year, including a trip to the playoffs.

Just speculation at this point, but if I were Dan Snyder I would be pissed to the ends of the earth.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
mco65

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If so its a damn shame. I despise the redskins as much as any cowboy fan but think RGIII is a class act and a great credit to the game. I would hate the see his career ended due to the ignorance or arrogance of the Redskins...
GrassyKnoll

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like RGIII as a person & if this is true it's a shame. However, I believe it's a good lesson for teams to learn. Giving up as much as the skins did to get him is a huge risk. If something like this has to happen I'm glad that its the skins that get it.
matt79511

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supposedly it's a "partially" torn ACL. I would think he'll be fine- maybe ineffective as a runner to start the year, but I'll never doubt what a talented, dedicated athlete can do off an ACL tear after what Peterson did this year.

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
Supposedly it's a "partially" torn ACL. I would think he'll be fine- maybe ineffective as a runner to start the year, but I'll never doubt what a talented, dedicated athlete can do off an ACL tear after what Peterson did this year.

That was post-surgery, though. And I believe RGIII has already had this knee surgically repaired. I'm pretty sure it's the same knee he blew out in college, but please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
mco65

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks Peterson's season and recovery was PEDs enhanced?
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mco65 wrote:
matt79511 wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks Peterson's season and recovery was PEDs enhanced?

Med science, the legal kind, has advanced far enough that I believe it's more than possible to come back from knee injuries at 100%.

Is it possible, sure, but in AP's case it's hard to judge, simply because he is head and shoulders above everyone else.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
matt79511 wrote:

That was post-surgery, though. And I believe RGIII has already had this knee surgically repaired. I'm pretty sure it's the same knee he blew out in college, but please correct me if I'm mistaken.

I believe the article i read earlier said it was the same knee. That is why they are getting a second opinion, because on the MRI it is possible to see the old tear from college and it is hard to be certain if it is a new tear or not.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
matt79511 wrote:

I believe the article i read earlier said it was the same knee. That is why they are getting a second opinion, because on the MRI it is possible to see the old tear from college and it is hard to be certain if it is a new tear or not.

I'd figure that a doctor should be able to recognize the difference between the old injury and the new one for various reasons, shouldn't he? All the doctor has to do is compare the new MRI results to the old one, look for differences, and, theoretically, there's your new injury. Plus, the new injury may not be located in the same place as the old one. An ACL is a big ligament, so there's plenty of chance for it to tear in an entirely different place than the first time. All I know is that I'd be very concerned with RGIII's health now that he seems to be developing a history of knee issues.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
htfryar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGIII has a torn LCL and partially torn ACL. I got him beat! My LCL, ACL and Meniscus are completely torn.

HT - 1
RGIII - 0

At least 1 Cowboy fan can claim a victory over RGIII. Laughing

“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”

Last edited by htfryar on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
buckwild

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
matt79511 wrote:

I'd figure that a doctor should be able to recognize the difference between the old injury and the new one for various reasons, shouldn't he? All the doctor has to do is compare the new MRI results to the old one, look for differences, and, theoretically, there's your new injury. Plus, the new injury may not be located in the same place as the old one. An ACL is a big ligament, so there's plenty of chance for it to tear in an entirely different place than the first time. All I know is that I'd be very concerned with RGIII's health now that he seems to be developing a history of knee issues.

When you tear your ACL the Surgeon uses a tendon from your hamsting to replace the ACL, and it is about 80% as strong as the original ACL.
ACL is not a very large ligament, and has limited blood supply which slow down the healing process.

LCL injury will affect his cutting abilty, but it is relatively minor compared to ACL/PCL tears. About half the recovery time compared to ACL tear.

I actually got to observe an ACL repair a few years ago, and had a chance to ask the Surgeon many questions about the injury.

I think the injury will turn him more into a pocket passer which may be good for him in the long run, but he will lose all his elusiveness running the ball.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
HDsportsfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"They" are going absolutley nuts over here in D.C. land over this.
buckwild

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
RGIII has a torn LCL and partially torn ACL. I got him beat! My LCL, ACL and Meniscus are completely torn.

HT - 1
RGIII - 0

At least 1 Cowboy fan can claim a victory over RGIII. Laughing

Ouch!! How did you do that HT?

You have a ton of therapy in your future, and hate to break it to you Ht but your NFL career may be over.

At least you have beer to help you with the pain.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
matt79511 wrote:

When you tear your ACL the Surgeon uses a tendon from your hamsting to replace the ACL, and it is about 80% as strong as the original ACL.
ACL is not a very large ligament, and has limited blood supply which slow down the healing process.

LCL injury will affect his cutting abilty, but it is relatively minor compared to ACL/PCL tears. About half the recovery time compared to ACL tear.

I actually got to observe an ACL repair a few years ago, and had a chance to ask the Surgeon many questions about the injury.

I think the injury will turn him more into a pocket passer which may be good for him in the long run, but he will lose all his elusiveness running the ball.

Kind of like what happened to adrian peterson and jamaal charles? Oh wait...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: