Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

[RPM's] PFF Based Vikings Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuck44

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
did you watch the national championship? Motta was the only one to make tackles. He, currently, is too small to play linebacker. But if he adds 12-15 pounds he could play weakside linebacker and take advantage of his ability near the line of scrimmage. He bounced back and forth from Will backer and safety as early as his freshmen year.

The restructuring of the contracts is where the money for free agents comes in. With those restructures the Vikings would have around $35M in cap space and Wallace is the only truly expensive one. If you think Wallace going to cost over $13M, especially in year one, you're mistaken, and to afford franchising him the Steelers will basically have to let every one of their free agents go and cut/restructure a bunch of other contracts.

Charlie Johnson being terrible is laughable. He's decent left guard and, at worst, is a very good swing offensive lineman.

your delusional the guy stinks....Motta made alot of tackles because they were targeting him all game because he is too slow>>the announcers of the game even mentioned how much he was overmatched against bama....then you want to beef him up to play a position he never has played..no thanks
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think Motta never played linebacker? You're showing your lack of knowledge about him.
chuck44

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
You think Motta never played linebacker? You're showing your lack of knowledge about him.

i know he played lb in some of their packages...but his main positin is S...how many times has bulking up a safety to play lb in the NFL worked..not very often...why not just draft a lb...not many 210lb lb in the league especially ones with little experience at the postion
chuck44

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point with Motta is your drafting a guy for a position he has barely played...the transition to the NFL is hard enough ..i guarantee LB in the NFL is much different than playing part time your freshman year
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a 5th round pick that's based around potential upside as well as leadership/special teams ability. If he adds 15 pounds he'll be at 230 lbs; 15 pounds is easy to do with NFL strength training, plus he has the frame for it.

And it's not just linebacker in some of their packages. He was the #2 OLB in Florida coming out of high school and practiced/played as a linebacker until 2010. Towards the end of his freshman year he was also used as an extra pass rusher in the box.

He's a Rick Spielman type player and that's why I selected him. Four year player (all 38 games), high character, and ability to be a special teams captain type player. People scoffed when we selected Rhett Ellison in the 4th round saying he would go much later or undrafted, but attributes such as leadership and versatility can't be ignored.

I can understand wanting maybe more of a true linebacker, but at the end 5th round they are few and far between.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't agree with chuck's ferocity this morning, but i do agree that Motta isn't a good pick.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
chuck44

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
i don't agree with chuck's ferocity this morning, but i do agree that Motta isn't a good pick.

Ferocity?
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not big on Burton being our #4. The guy brings nothing to the table

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuck44 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

Ferocity?

chuck44 wrote:
your delusional the guy stinks...

rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
Not big on Burton being our #4. The guy brings nothing to the table

That's not the order necessarily. If Childs is healthy I think he holds that spot, or maybe we bring back Michael Jenkins after cutting him to avoid his roster bonus.

Burton was a project coming out of West Texas A&M
chuck44

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
chuck44 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

Ferocity?

chuck44 wrote:
your delusional the guy stinks...

wasnt meant that way...he has just been horrible for two years imo...and i thought most evryone else thought so too...he has no upside...most any FA or draft choice would be a better option...but everyone has their own opinion and im just stating mine...
the delusional comment was made after your "laughable" reply..you do remember how bad he was at OT ..well his OG skills are not much better...pretty sure he probably led the team in penalties and lookout blocks
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after further review, there was no foul on the play.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of the conditional pick for Harvin, that could be a very smart option for the 2014 Draft. Nice thinking outside of the box!!
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Loadholt led the offensive line in penalties this year.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to update the Mike Wallace - Pittsburgh Cap situation.

The Franchise Tender for a receiver next year is going to be $10.3M, and the Steelers are currently $10.8M over the 2013 cap.

I've been saying that this team won't be big spenders in free agency. However, I think that Spielman will be under pressure to add a wide receiver this year and Mike Wallace fits his style. He's technically coming off of his rookie deal and can be a piece moving forward. He's going to cost a lot of money, but the Vikings were also confirmed in on Pierre Garcon until the the guaranteed money got too high.

Mike Wallace is in a different class. Is it hopeful thinking? Certainly, but I also think it makes sense given the way Rick Spielman operates.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: