Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

[RPM's] PFF Based Vikings Mock
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: [RPM's] PFF Based Vikings Mock Reply with quote

After finishing 10-6, making the playoffs, and bowing out after the wildcard round the Minnesota Vikings are awarded the 23rd pick in the 2013 NFL Entry Draft.

House Cleaning; Contract Style!

- Jared Allen is signed to a four year, $55,000,000 contract extension. As part of this extension the Vikings will take $13,000,000 of Jared’s $14,280,612 2013 base salary and convert it into a signing bonus that will carry a prorated cap hit of $3,250,000 over the four years of the extension. Instead of having a cap hit of $17,863,956 in 2013 his cap hit will look like this.
**$1,280,612 base salary; 5,833,334 signing bonus; $1,000,000 misc. bonus; $8,113,946 cap hit

-Kevin Williams’ contract is restructured. There is no guaranteed money left in Kevin’s contract so he jumps at the chance to get a new “signing bonus.” The Vikings will take $6,075,000 of Kevin’s 2013 base salary of and pay it as a signing bonus to carry a salary cap hit of $3,037,500 over the final two years of his contract. Instead of having a cap hit of $8,000,000 in 2013 his cap hit will look like this
**$925,000 base salary; $3,037,500 signing bonus; $1,000,000 misc. bonus; $5.3M cap hit

-Charlie Johnson’s contract is restructure. Charlie’s contract takes a steep nose dive following 2013 so he jumps at the chance to get a little bit more guaranteed money. The Vikings take $2,125,000 of Charlie’s 2013 base salary of $2,950,000 and pay it as a signing bonus that carries a cap hit of $708,334 over the final three years of his deal. Instead of having a $4,100,000 cap hit his 2013 cap hit will look like this.
**$825,000 base salary; $1,308,334 signing bonus; $550,000 misc. bonus; $2,683,334 cap hit

**These moves will clear up about $13,700,000 in cap space**

What to do with our own guys? [PFF Grade]
RT: Phil Loadholt [+15.9; Re-Signed]
FB: Jerome Felton [+9.3; Re-Signed]
OL: Geoff Schwartz [+6.4; Signs Elsewhere]
SS: Jamarca Sanford [+4.5; Re-Signed]
WR: Devin Aromashodu [+3.0; Not Re-Signed]
LB: Erin Henderson [+1.6; Signs Elsewhere]
LB: Marvin Mitchell [+0.6; Re-Signed]
OL: Joe Berger [0.0; Re-Signed]
OL: Troy Kropog [0.0; RoFR Tender]
CB: AJ Jefferson [-3.5; RoFR Tender]
WR: Jerome Simpson [-3.7; Not Re-Signed]
LB: Jasper Brinkley [-18.0; Not Re-Signed]

WR: Michael Jenkins [Released; due hefty roster bonus]

The Steroids (KFAN Reference to Free Agents)[PFF Grade]

WR: Mike Wallace [-4.5; 852 snaps]

NT: Terrance Knighton [+4.2; 666 snaps]

CB: Kyle Arrington [+2.6; 844 snaps]

QB: Matt Moore [+2.5; 56 snaps]

The Blood (KFAN Reference to the Draft]

**TRADE**

**The Vikings trade Percy Harvin to the 49ers for the Panthers 3rd round pick, #76, and a conditional 2014 2nd rounder than can elevate to a 1st rounder based on games played**

1(23): Cordarelle Patterson [WR; Tennesee] 6’3, 205 lbs

**TRADE**
**The Vikings trade their 2nd round pick, #54, and 3rd round pick, #85, to move up to the top of the 2nd round

2(42): Alec Ogletree [MLB; Georgia] 6’3, 234 lbs

3(76): Robert Lester [SS; Alabama] 6’2, 212 lbs

4(101): Gabe Jackson [G; Mississippi State] 6’4, 320 lbs

4(119): Michael Williams [TE; Alabama] 6’5, 272 lbs

5(140): Zeke Motta [WLB; Notre Dame] 6’2, 216 lbs

6(168): Chad Bumphis [WR; Mississippi State] 5-10, 200 lbs

**TRADE**
The Vkings trade their final 6th rounder for a 2013 5th rounder

Depth Chart
QB: Christian Ponder - Matt Moore - McLeod Bethel-Thompson
RB: Adrian Peterson - Toby Gerhart
FB: Jerome Felton
WR: Mike Wallace - Cordarelle Patterson - Jarius Wright - Stephen Burton - Chad Bumphis - Greg Childs
TE: Kyle Rudolph - John Carlson - Rhett Ellison - Michael Williams
OT: Matt Kalil - Phil Loadholt - Troy Kropog
OG: Charlie Johnson - Brandon Fusco - DeMarcus Love - Gabe Jackson
OC: John Sullivan - Joe Berger

DE: Jared Allen - Brian Robison - Everson Griffen - Christian Ballard
DT: Kevin Williams - Fred Evans - Terrance Knighton - Letroy Guion
LB: Chad Greenway - Alec Ogletree - Marvin Mitchell - Audie Cole - Larry Dean - Tyrone McKenzie - Zeke Motta
CB: Chris Cook - Antoine Winfield - Josh Robinson - AJ Jefferson - Kyle Arrington - Brandon Burton - Marcus Sherels
FS: Harrison Smith - Mistral Raymond
SS: Robert Lester - Jamarca Sanford - Robert Blanton

K: Blair Walsh
P: Chris Kluwe
LS: Cullen Loeffler
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to pick free agents that are coming off of their rookie deal (or close to it) as that seems to be Rick Spielman's MO. I also tried to acquire a couple of future picks.
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is the kind of mock draft I'm talking about. First three picks..Amazing.

PS Manti Te'o is terrible like I have been saying the whole year and everyone who thinks we should trade up and get him does not watch football. OGLETREE!!!!
AQuintus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love it if our offseason worked out like this.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its always a pleasure reading your mocks, great work as usual!

I love the Wallace, Patterson and Lester acquisitions. I would prefer to get more out of a Harvin trade in 2013, I think the Vikings need to be pressured to win now and they need to get more than a 3rd rd pick in 2013 for me to part ways with Harvin.

While I like the Wallace move, I really think they use the franchise tag on him. I am not too familiar with the Steelers cap situation if they can afford that big of a hit, but I have a hard time believing they will let a player so young just leave.
Nzd07

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 things.

I think we should keep Henderson. Do you really feel confident with Marvin Mitchell starting at WLB?

Also, I'd rather get a pick this year than next year out of SF.

Other than that, I love it! Very Happy

Pull your 84 jerseys out
Jay-Z wrote:
I'm not a businessman. I'm a business, man!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nzd07 wrote:
2 things.

I think we should keep Henderson. Do you really feel confident with Marvin Mitchell starting at WLB?

Also, I'd rather get a pick this year than next year out of SF.

Other than that, I love it! Very Happy

Mitchell didnt really play that bad when he had to play, I think the drop off is minimal and assuming the Vikings add a three down MLB, Mitchell would likely see the field 15-25 snaps per game.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VR the Steelers aren't in a position, cap wise, to use the franchise tag this year unless they do some major overhauling.

And to the both of you, I would agree that getting more for Harvin this year would be ideal, but I just don't feel we will be offered much more than a 2nd and maybe a 5th this year. Getting a third this year and potentially adding a 1st, but at least a 2nd, in 2014 would be a tantalizing option.

Nzd Personally, I feel just as comfortable having Marvin Mitchell, Audie Cole, and whoever else compete for the WLB spot as I am having Erin Henderson out there. In this mock I have Henderson signing a more lucrative deal elsewhere. In bringing in Ogletree I'm working under the assumption that he, and Chad Greenway, will be the nickel backers. The WLB would only be in for base situations.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on call tonight and spent the entire length of my office hours on this mock.

Extremely slow night Laughing
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

**The Vikings trade Percy Harvin to the 49ers for the Panthers 3rd round pick, #76, and a conditional 2014 2nd rounder than can elevate to a 1st rounder based on games played**

rpmwr19 wrote:
I would agree that getting more for Harvin this year would be ideal, but I just don't feel we will be offered much more than a 2nd and maybe a 5th this year. Getting a third this year and potentially adding a 1st, but at least a 2nd, in 2014 would be a tantalizing option.

i think that's a very good trade value for Harvin - a 2013 high 3rd rounder, and a 2014 low 1st rounder (presumably) if Harvin stays healthy with the 49ers, since it's not based on performance goals.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

House Cleaning Contract Style! -- nicely done
Free Agent signings --- likely unrealistic oollectively
Percy Trade -- Extremely Poor Value (if thats the best offer, then Rick is keeping Percy Harvin)

Draft -- On the surface it looks like a nice draft squad, though, its hard for me to image things going that smoothly with regard to where prospects fall.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't see how a first and third or even 2nd and third is terrible value for Percy when most mocks in here have us getting a 2nd and 4th or trading Harvin and a 4th for a first.

I understand people wanting current picks but I'm thinking no team is going to offer a straight up first this year for him and a conditional pick is the best we will be able to do. And, if Rick is adamant on moving Harvin (not saying he is), potentially getting a first round pick is something I think he would go for.

I also just wanted to do something different. Very Happy
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still not sold on Patterson, but overall I like this mock.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
chuck44

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is all the money coming to sign the FA?

Pittsburgh will find a way to franchise Wallace...And he is going to demand HUGE MONEY....see first comment

I agree with others ...the Harvin trade is way undervalued..if thats all that is offered he stays put...playmakers of his caliber are few and far in between

I like Ogletree And he could be there..but i doubt it ..wishful thinking i believe

Taking another safety .. makes no sense...especially that high, with other glaring needs ..l...we did not get beat deep hardly at all last year...i thought Raymond and Sanford played well with HArrison Smith...Blanton was hurt all training camp and early season..i still think he might be a sleeper

I would just rather get rid of Charlie JOhnson the guy is horrible..why go to trouble of restructuring a bum

Why another TE...Carlsons contract is to friendly to release him..and he still has talent >>plus we have Rudy And Ellison>>>we have good luck with 4th rd picks..once again too many glaring needs to take a position we dont need

Zeke Motta is a S not a WLB...no thanks he was so overmatched is the National championship is was ridiculous...what do think happens in the pros...not good
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you watch the national championship? Motta was the only one to make tackles. He, currently, is too small to play linebacker. But if he adds 12-15 pounds he could play weakside linebacker and take advantage of his ability near the line of scrimmage. He bounced back and forth from Will backer and safety as early as his freshmen year.

The restructuring of the contracts is where the money for free agents comes in. With those restructures the Vikings would have around $35M in cap space and Wallace is the only truly expensive one. If you think Wallace going to cost over $13M, especially in year one, you're mistaken, and to afford franchising him the Steelers will basically have to let every one of their free agents go and cut/restructure a bunch of other contracts.

Charlie Johnson being terrible is laughable. He's decent left guard and, at worst, is a very good swing offensive lineman. Line continuity is also HUGE and bringing back the same starting five next year would be beneficial.

I'm also not sure what you're getting at with Carlson's contract being team friendly? He's costing $4.25M against the cap for third TE production.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: