Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How about Hue?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkb77

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: How about Hue? Reply with quote

Now that Chip Kelly, Bill O'Brien, & most likely Mike McCoy are out I'd like to bring up a dark horse canidate Hue Jackson

Hue Jackson did a great job last year in oakland having The Raiders go 8-8 in his only year there. The fact that he was able to get 8 wins out of a roster of inferior talent & misfits says alot about his ability as a Coach.

He's a motivator and gets the most out of his players and gets them to play hard for him. I think he's exactly what this roster needs. He will force Desean,DRC, & all of these other highly talented but not always highly motivated players to play up to their potential. Hes a no nonsense but highly energetic coach who can relate to his players. Ask any of the guys in oakland's forum they'll tell you they'd kill to have him back.

Now he's not a scheme guy but he is a Motivator & a Leader of men which is all you can really ask for. He is well respected around the league and I believe could put together a strong staff. I for one am casting my vote for Hue as HC, what do you guys think about him as a HC canidate ?

Props to Kiltman on the Sig
TRUTH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thank you
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thank you
baconrad3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This deserved it's own thread? What?

Hue Jackson...like the same Hue Jackson who traded a 1st and 2nd round pick for Carson Palmer?

That's a big NO to Jackson as Head Coach. I'd rather get kicked in the groin by Cristiano Ronaldo.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Kiltman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As head coach? No

As OC for a defensive minded Head Coach? Yes

In the Speculation thread I've talked about how well Jackson did as OC in Oakland, and he coached up Flacco as a rookie who led the Ravens to the AFC Championship game as a rook (I use led lightly)

Plus he's less attractive for teams to steal from us I'd think. If he does a good job.....then some upstart coordinator.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Palmer trade was him as acting GM directly after a week of Al Davis dying and having Kyle Boller as his only other QB option. That was an awful trade now but he won't be our GM or have Andy type power. This is just as a coach, and as a coach he did a damn good job with oakland.

Just curious besides that trade what else do you guys not like about Hue?

Props to Kiltman on the Sig
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got a coaching speculation thread for this type of discussion.

And for the record, Hue is much better suited as a coordinator IMO.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: