Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dream vikings offseason
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xDarealx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Dream vikings offseason Reply with quote

Ok first off pay percy second release aroshomadu burton Jenkins hendèrson
Raymond resign Williams Brinkley Simpson Loadholt Felton cheap outside Felton all were average all season sign levitre and Glenn Dorsey
Trade our first rnd pick to jaguars for their 2nd and 4th and our draft goes like this

2nd rnd Kevin Minter*, ILB, LSU
2nd rnd Cordarrelle Patterson*, WR, Tennessee
3rd rnd Micah Hyde, CB, Iowa
4th rnd Cameron Lawrence, OLB, Mississippi State
4th rnd Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
5th rnd Zeke Motta, S, Notre Dame
6th rnd DeVonte Holloman, OLB, South Carolina
7th rnd Montori Hughes, DT, Tennessee-Martin

Tell me what u guys think
xDarealx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I get a response guys
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read up on Zeke Motta for a mock [UMN] and i did, and he might not even make it in the pros.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and thanks for sharing your mock.

I think the Vikings could get a lot more in compensation with that trade. It will take more than a 4th rd pick for the Jags to move up into the first rd.

Its nice to see that you hit on a few big needs in the draft like at WR, CB and MLB.

Levitre would be a big time pickup and Dorsey would be an interesting fit. Though, if Kevin Williams returns, I dont think Dorsey would be an ideal player to add. He isnt really a player who can be a big space eater at the 1 technique position, he is more of a 3 technique pass rusher. I guess at Dorsey's age, I wouldnt be to excited about bringing him in to be a backup to Wiliams. If Williams were to be released, Dorsey would be a solid guy to bring in for competition.

I am warming up to Minter at MLB, not the ideal fit in the Cover 2 but a darn good player nevertheless. Patterson is another player I really like in this draft, though I think he will be a first round pick. Patterson is oozing with potential, should be a combine riser.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
i read up on Zeke Motta for a mock [UMN] and i did, and he might not even make it in the pros.

Wouldnt be a bad player to spend a mid to late rd pick on. I put him in a mock as well at rd 6 (mainly because i ran out of Notre Dame players Laughing ).

I see Motta as a player with strong special teams potential, but he probably wont make much impact at Safety.

Though Raymond probably doesnt have to be released, he isnt a terrible player and atleast can be a backup.
xDarealx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

I think the Vikings could get a lot more in compensation with that trade. It will take more than a 4th rd pick for the Jags to move up into the first rd.

Its nice to see that you hit on a few big needs in the draft like at WR, CB and MLB.

Levitre would be a big time pickup and Dorsey would be an interesting fit. Though, if Kevin Williams returns, I dont think Dorsey would be an ideal player to add. He isnt really a player who can be a big space eater at the 1 technique position, he is more of a 3 technique pass rusher. I guess at Dorsey's age, I wouldnt be to excited about bringing him in to be a backup to Wiliams. If Williams were to be released, Dorsey would be a solid guy to bring in for competition.

I am warming up to Minter at MLB, not the ideal fit in the Cover 2 but a darn good player nevertheless. Patterson is another player I really like in this draft, though I think he will be a first round pick. Patterson is oozing with potential, should be a combine riser.

Thanx for ur response I was thinking Dorsey next to Williams which will make it hard to double team any of the Viking front 4 and minter plays sideline to sideline and good downhill and he's actually pretty good in coverage but that's y I said resign Brinkley cause I think minter will push him for the start position and Patterson in know him falling to our pick in the 2nd is a dream but would be gr8 if not him Darrick Rogers
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xDarealx wrote:

you only waited ten minutes.

Very Happy

Webmaster wrote:
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Williams next to Dorsey = big gaping running lanes for the opponent.

The draft is decent, but guys like Minter and Patterson are guys that I have locked into the first round, and I would be shocked if one of them dropped to the second, let alone both.
xDarealx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

Wouldnt be a bad player to spend a mid to late rd pick on. I put him in a mock as well at rd 6 (mainly because i ran out of Notre Dame players Laughing ).

I see Motta as a player with strong special teams potential, but he probably wont make much impact at Safety.

Though Raymond probably doesnt have to be released, he isnt a terrible player and atleast can be a backup.

Yeah that's what I was think I mean it is a six rnd pick if not motta maybe punter brad wing Raymond has been no standout I rather Sanford to start
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xDarealx wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Thanx for ur response I was thinking Dorsey next to Williams which will make it hard to double team any of the Viking front 4 and minter plays sideline to sideline and good downhill and he's actually pretty good in coverage but that's y I said resign Brinkley cause I think minter will push him for the start position and Patterson in know him falling to our pick in the 2nd is a dream but would be gr8 if not him Darrick Rogers

That is what I figured, sliding Williams over. That would make sense then.

Minter shouldnt have an issue being the opening day starter over Brinkley. I will have to watch him in workouts, it will be interesting to see what his combine results looks like. It could be telling if he has the athleticism to excel in coverage in the Vikes Cover 2 scheme.
xDarealx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Williams next to Dorsey = big gaping running lanes for the opponent.

The draft is decent, but guys like Minter and Patterson are guys that I have locked into the first round, and I would be shocked if one of them dropped to the second, let alone both.

U think gapping run lanes huh see what I was thinking that would also open the lane for our MLB to fill those holes

And most mock I've seen had minter early 2nd rnd and Patterson was a dream I mean to me it's a toss up between Patterson and Darrick Rogers
perrynoid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
xDarealx wrote:

Very Happy

The impetuousness of youth perhaps?
xDarealx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrynoid wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
xDarealx wrote:

Very Happy

The impetuousness of youth perhaps?

I'm not young i had 30 views in 10 mins and no responses so I was thinking view and respond
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone better warn El Ray about this one in advance...

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xDarealx wrote:
I'm not young i had 30 views in 10 mins and no responses so I was thinking view and respond

just so you know, the ratio of those who view our site to those who post something is almost 10:1. closer to the Draft, it approaches 30:1.

Webmaster wrote:

Last edited by vike daddy on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: