Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My annual once a year mock. Fixes everything we win 11 games
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slickvick249

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: My annual once a year mock. Fixes everything we win 11 games Reply with quote

Browns Mock
HC: Greg Roman. Love his creativity, and track record with Qbís. Could be a great one.

OC: Marc Trestman
Knew nothing about him until I came onto these forums, but I love his track record, Made Rich Gannon the MVP, Seifert raised.

DC: Richard

Free Agency.

Derek Cox CB JAX
Solid young CB whose best years are still ahead of him. Shift Brown to FS.

Felix Jones RB Dal
Now I feel most of you will not like this. But we do need a speed back, not necessarily a 3rd down back because T-Rich is such a good receiver out of the backfield. But I think a change of scenery will be good for Jones who should come fairly cheap due to his lack of consistant production

Geoff Schwartz OL Minn
We have his brother, he would make a very serviceable guard, hopefully fixing our line for good.

Also take a Look at Jeff Otah OT from Carolina who couldnít pass a physical last year, no risk in it.

Darryl Tapp DE Philly
Should come fairly cheap, hope to see him resurrect his career ala babin.

Draft
Round 1. Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia.
He isnít really talked about on this board as a player who we could realistically land. I know he isnít a DE or a Corner, But I see him with us playing the SAM on running downs and taking ruckers place in passing situations. Improves both our LBís and DL from day 1.

Round 2. Josh Gordon WR Baylor
Raw but a freak, would rather have him than any other WR in this years draft class.

Round 3.
Zach Ertz TE Stanford
Weapon.

Round 4.
Tyrian Mathieu FS LSU/Drugs
This guy is a beast and will eventually take over for Brown at FS. He smokes weed. Who cares .

Round 5. Steadman Bailey WR WVU
He really is little, probably about 5-7 165. But he can fly and could be a weapon.

Round 6.
Landry Jones QB Oklahona- dude has fallen off. I remember in the pre-season he was considered a possibility if not the front runner to be the top pick in the draft. Has showed some inaccuracy this year but if you are considered to have that top spot you have a ton of talent, and now with 2 of the best qb teachers on the coaching staff it really gives us a developmental type at qb.

Round 7.
Punter/Fullback, or a Fullback who can punt.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no just no to top 10 pick spent on spinal stenoisis jones.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:

What is the problem if our docs clear

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Fullback40

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:

I really like Jones and would be willing to gamble that the spinal stenosis doesn't ruin his career.

He's a Von Miller type player...a guy who can play OLB for us (HUGE NEED), and on passing downs, rush the passer (HUGE NEED)

Two major defensive needs filled in one pick.

(although I wanna trade down at all costs)

Barkevious Mingo is the dude i want to play DE for us, but only after a minor trade down.
Fullback40

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...also love the draft btw. Very good draft, especially given we don't get another 2nd.

Jones does solve a lot of issues for this defense, but we would still need a fringe starting RDE and a coverage OLB later in the draft or FA.

Give this team Gerald McRath to play that coverage OLB in FA and I would have white stains in my underpants if this happened.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

The last time a doctor clear a player with spinal stenoisis he was out of the leauge by his 27th birthday because of it and Jarvis Jones is already 24.

He is also a very poor mans Von Miller. That comparison is way off base. Watch Von Miller as a prospect and then watch Jarvis Jones and its not even close.

Jamison on the sig
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

It'snot a condition that gets better with high velocity contact or contact period.

Rather not spend a top 6 pick on a guy with a very possible very low shelf life pick.

Doc's can clear him to play but that has nothing to do with his durability or shelf life.

Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign Felix jones?

Im not sure there a defender projected in the first round worse against the run than Jarvis Jones... Add in the health concerns... And the lack of effort to play complete games... No thanks.

Ertz in the 3rd?

Who cares if Mathieu smokes weed? The nfl. Once he is suspended for failing drug tests in the nfl then you will too if the browns are dumb enough to draft him.

Has Bailey declared?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

The last time a doctor clear a player with spinal stenoisis he was out of the leauge by his 27th birthday because of it and Jarvis Jones is already 24.

He is also a very poor mans Von Miller. That comparison is way off base. Watch Von Miller as a prospect and then watch Jarvis Jones and its not even close.

Who are you referring to?

Fullback40

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Jones is definately a poor man's Von Miller. I don't know if there is another Von Miller in the next 10-15 years.

But I'll take a poor man's Von Miller certainly over anything we have there now.

Jarvis Jones does have S.S. But it's a risk somebody is going to take and I expect it to pay off.

It isn't smart to not draft a player due to injury concerns, IMO. People were worried about Adrian Peterson's injuries out of college, and right about now, there are 6 teams beandipping themselves for not taking him.

Is Jarvis Jones a stud? Yes. Is he Von Miller? No. Is the worth the risk? Yes.

& I know AP didn't have a degenerative condition like Jarvis Jones has, and I understand the concern, but I want a splash pick...a defensive playmaker, not a "safe pick."

That being said, I would rather trade down and not have to gamble, but if we pick Jones, I'll be more than happy with it.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullback40 wrote:
Jarvis Jones is definately a poor man's Von Miller. I don't know if there is another Von Miller in the next 10-15 years.

But I'll take a poor man's Von Miller certainly over anything we have there now.

Jarvis Jones does have S.S. But it's a risk somebody is going to take and I expect it to pay off.

It isn't smart to not draft a player due to injury concerns, IMO. People were worried about Adrian Peterson's injuries out of college, and right about now, there are 6 teams beandipping themselves for not taking him.

& I know AP didn't have a degenerative condition like Jarvis Jones has, and I understand the concern, but I want a splash pick...a defensive playmaker, not a "safe pick."

That being said, I would rather trade down and not have to gamble, but if we pick Jones, I'll be more than happy with it.

not the year for it.

ditchdigger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

Marcus McNeill. Had a 1st round grade prior to the stenosis discolsure, ended up getting drafted 50th overall.
Fullback40

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Fullback40 wrote:

not the year for it.

You don't think there are SPLASH defensive players in this draft? I agree that the offensive class is poop, but I really like the defense. And the depth overall of this draft.

Barkevious Mingo-----could be Dwight Freeney
Manti Teo-----could be Junior Seau
Damontre Moore-----could be Aldon Smith
Alec Ogletree-----could be Lawrence Timmons
Jarvis Jones-----could be Von Miller
Ezekiel Ansah-----could be Jason Pierre-Paul
Dion Jordan-----could be Bruce Irvin
Star Lotulelei-----could be Haloti Ngata

*****all have the tools and skill to be elite defensive players IF they reach their potential*****

Those are 9 Front 7 players that the Browns could look at in round 1 with superstar potential. I left off the CB's and safeties because I don't think that we target one this early NOR is the talent elite. Bjorn Werner is a guy I would say is a safe pick...a high motor guy with good, but not great physical skills.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

Marcus McNeill. Had a 1st round grade prior to the stenosis discolsure, ended up getting drafted 50th overall.

Kinda sounds like a lot of teams medical staffs didn't clear himif he fell that far.

No two players, or medical conditions, are exactly alike.

NickZambo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tight end we draft should be Philip Lutzenkirchen from Auburn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnQcZhaQqa0

Thanks for coming. End of story.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: