Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DEE RAWL's National Championship Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win the National Championship?
Bama, Roll TIDE
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
Fighting Irish...yuck
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: DEE RAWL's National Championship Mock Reply with quote

1a) Chance Warmack, OG, Bama

Warmack is one of few Elite players available in this class and it just so happens LG is a need. Most of you know about Warmack so I won't go into detail. This is a no brainer.

1b) Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor

I am torn between Williams and Allen, but it is very likely Allen is gone before our first pick let alone the second pick. Those of you who don't know what Williams can offer, please look him up on youtube. He doesn't have the measureables that wow you at about 6'2" 200 lbs and will probably run a 4.44, he plays above it all on the field. Furthermore, he is by far the best blocking WR in the class.

2) David Amerson, CB/S, NC State

Getting a cover safety is potentially the number 1 priority going into the off season and if indeed Amerson coverts from corner to safety, he would be the best option. Great range and ball skills, doesn't mind making tackles either. He would make a huge difference.

3) EJ Manuel, QB, Florida St

This pick will scratch some heads I'm sure, but let me first start out by saying that this isn't Bradford's replacement. I have no doubt Bradford can be every bit of what he was supposed to be when he was drafted. However, Clemons cannot be anything more than that... Clemons... EJ Manuel has the potential to be a top notch starting NFL quarterback so just incase Bradford gets hurt or does not workout as planned, Steve McNair...err I mean... EJ Manuel can be the guy. Just as big as Sammy, but runs a 4.6 and a very good arm. The only question is consistency, but I believe if he is available at this spot then I wouldn't hesitate because this kid is special.

4) Jon Bostic, LB, Florida

Bostic is a beast, plain & simple. He can play any of the LB spots, but he is built for SLB or MLB. Plays with fire and attitude, has very good closing speed.

5) AJ Francis, DT, Maryland

Fracis is under the radar and isn't the most polished or talented, but where he lacks in talent he makes up for in hussle. He has a non stop motor and with the right coaching could be a contributor.

6) Michael Williams, TE, Bama

Williams is a great blocking TE and would be an upgrade to Mulligan, furthermore it would allow Kendricks to have more of a receiving Unit/H-back role.

7) Vaughn Telemaque, S, Miami

I think Telemaque could be another 7th round steal much like Richardson. Played a true FS role at the U and with him and Amerson in the backfield of the secondary, the defense could play more aggressive and immediately become a top 5 defense.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Brett Hundley
3. Bryce Petty
4. Jameis Winston
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted for the Tide, and I would like if the draft played out this way. I really like Amerson.

Edit:

Only thing I wouldn't do is take a QB in third, but understand the reasoning behind it.

Last edited by STLRamsFan99 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
nodefense

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like your 3rd rd choice but the rest looks good.

The Rams had a great draft this past year and made up alot of ground. I don't think they should be gambling with any of their picks.
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the first 3 picks...wasn't a fan of using a 3rd on a QB.
Can't say I know enough about the rest of the guys to make an opinion about them but the first 2 rounds were GREAT

^El Ramster^
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who the heck voted for ND?? How dare you!

Haha but on a more serious note, I understand everybody's criticism but if in fact Manuel makes it to the third then he would present better value than any other prospect no matter what position that i forsee being available. I cant believe that people refer to Wilson, Nassib, Glennon as potential first round quarterbacks but Manuel as a 3rd. Manuel is an excellent insurance policy as oppose to possibly having to reach for a quarterback next year IF Bradford doesnt work out.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Brett Hundley
3. Bryce Petty
4. Jameis Winston
Brodie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this draft!!! Favorite I have seen all year

Dont mind the QB in the 3rd. I will take Dee Rawl word that dude is a 1st round talent

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quarterback in the 3rd round is a head scratcher, not sure why there's been mocks lately that have us going that route. I don't mind spending a late rounder on one or signing one as a UDFA, but 3rd round?

Just doesn't make sense to me.
I <3 Faulk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a dream first round scenario at this point. I think RT should be a priority over guard, but Chance is going to be a monster. Not an Amerson fan, and Manuel in the third, I think we have too many needs to take a back up qb so early. Unless you have us signing a RT, I don't see how we ignore the position through all 7 rounds.

Nobody can stretch a page into oblivion like I can
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RT isnt as bad as most thing but I dont see any RTs worth taking outside of a guy like Fisher in the 1st. Most likely addressed in FA with a guy like Loadholt or something.

Again with Manuel Im going for Value and an insurance policy which he provides a good amount of both. I looked at other projected 3rd round talent of all positions and none present more value to me than Manuel. If anything, this should push Bradford knowing he has a legitimate threat right behind him. I feel that that alone is worth a 3rd.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Brett Hundley
3. Bryce Petty
4. Jameis Winston
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ack, beat me to the top 3 picks, literally what I was going to do with my mock. Obviously, big fan of the first 3 picks.

I really don't have many complaints here. Manuel is fantastic value if he were there mid third, which I find highly unlikely, but would not be mad at the pick.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually really like the mock. No complaints. I'm assuming we signed a RT?

Only complaint is no HB...but can't fill every need.

My only sort of complaint is that I'm wishy washy on Amerson as a Safety. Not the best tackler or the most physical guy plus he is susceptible to play-fakes and double moves...that said, he also has amazing ball-skills, would have good range and could definitely play a deep safety role.

I'm mixed on the pick. Micah Hyde from Iowa might end up being better value in the same role(4thish round pick)...better tackler too...although ball-skills aren't as elite.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this mock quite a bit. Did a very good job.

RIP Robin Williams
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, the only pick that i really care about coming true is Warmack... If we end up with him i dont care how the rest plays out.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Brett Hundley
3. Bryce Petty
4. Jameis Winston
Wr80

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel the QB is a little early, but I like the reasoning. Also, if Sam isn't panning out Manuel might and we could swap their roles. I doubt this happens but it might. Or he becomes trade bait.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: