Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys Coaching Changes: Garrett's Dirty Dozen?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 66, 67, 68  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
If Robinson leaves, and Callahan assumes full OC duties, I would speculate that Jay Norvell or John Morton would become our WR Coach.

Morton is the current WR Coach of the 49ers. He coached under Callahan in Oakland and was on the same USC Staff as Kiffin. Keep in mind Jim Harbaugh also coached under Callahan.

Norvell was Callahan's WR Coach back in the Oakland days. And also coached with him in Nebraska. Current Co-Offensive Coordinator / WR Coach for Oklahoma.

So. I speculated about this the other day. And JJT (who is an idiot) alluded to the fact that Robinson may be on his way to retirement, I want to re-up these names as speculation.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
DallasPride28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is for the best. Garrett needed to let a OC take over and be a walk around coach. I guess Callahan has a good resume back for the raiders so I'm interested to see what he can do.

Adopt-A-Cowboy(Dez Bryant)
46 catches, 706 yards, 7 touchdown, 15.3 average
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DallasPride28 wrote:
I think this is for the best. Garrett needed to let a OC take over and be a walk around coach. I guess Callahan has a good resume back for the raiders so I'm interested to see what he can do.

The guy knows how to run an offense, and Broaddus has said he will bring 'toughness' to that side of the ball.

Can't really argue with that.

^^^mack
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news! my hopes for next years Cowboys have been a bit restored.
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Tice to OL is my guess

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone start the Bryan Broaddus for GM campaign! After that the off-season shall be complete ! Laughing

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.

Last edited by canadaluvsdalla on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God I hate the media.

Neglect to mention that Jason says he prefers giving up OC duties and that Jerry says he preferred Jason be both HC/OC...we twist words to make it sound as though Jerry pushed the issue.

^^^mack
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@BryanBroaddus
“@mikedsjr: Was John Garrett that bad of a coach Jerry "forced him out"?” GM asked hard ?s HC job to provide answers. BAL GM fired his OC 2

Good point there by Broaddus.

^^^mack
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
SDE is an issue and atleast 1 DT is an issue.

That's Crawford's natural position. Assuming no Spencer; Crawford, Ratliff, Hatcher, Ware is a solid front four, IMO. We'd be lacking in depth, though, which is why I think we go DE in rd 1 and let draft pick (Okafor? Ansah?) fight it out Crawford.
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Rowan Kavner ‏@KavnerDC

Quote:
Jones said hes been the one who wanted a HC/playcaller and Garretts always welcomed the possibility to be walkaround HC

Quote:
Sounds like Callahan could be calling plays next season. Jones said he wouldn't be opposed to using some of Callahans ideas from OAK

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez

Quote:
Jerry gives big hints playcaller will change. Said Garrett is convincing him its ok.

Quote:
Jason Garrett isn't calling offensive plays. Bill Callahan is calling the plays.

Other News
Quote:

Jerry Jones also said he expects to announce a hire of a special teams coach today.

Quote:

Jerry Jones said any play calling changes doesn't affect the future of WR coach Jimmy Robinson.

Laughing Cool

Odd... I am uncontrollably smiling right now. I would love to hear what others think of this. There were a lot of very strong debates about this topic. A lot of people slung mud. Interested to hear their opinion now..

Matts, you know that's not gonna happen, this will be spinned somehow, someway. Those who had their strong opinions will now ignore this subject. I think Jason and Jerry have put together a strong coaching, but it don't mean jack if they can't get this team to produce on the field Smile
matt79511

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't imagine they would split the 3-tech snaps down the middle between Hatcher and Ratliff. Either one of them plays the 1 or the team parts with Ratliff.

Indifferent on Garrett/Callahan. Don't think it makes a huge difference, fully expect Callahan to be bashed as much as Garrett was.

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
Can't imagine they would split the 3-tech snaps down the middle between Hatcher and Ratliff. Either one of them plays the 1 or the team parts with Ratliff.

Indifferent on Garrett/Callahan. Don't think it makes a huge difference, fully expect Callahan to be bashed as much as Garrett was.

Callahan tends to stick to the run more. Which Garrett is incapable of doing.

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
matt79511

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
matt79511 wrote:

Callahan tends to stick to the run more. Which Garrett is incapable of doing.

Tim Brown disagrees.

But seriously, I never once thought this season that Garrett should've run the ball more than he did (maybe in the last game, but only because Romo was playing like a -). When the run game was actually working, I thought JG balanced the run and pass perfectly. This was obviously a rare occurrence, and the team certainly should've run the ball better this season. But, contrary to popular belief, coaches aren't players, and calling more runs isn't going to make the OL and Felix suck less.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Brandon George ‏@dmn_george
Jerry said it was always at his "insistence" that Jason Garrett continue to call plays after becoming HC.

Quote:
Jerry said he hired Garrett to call the plays. But believes staff that will be in place is capable of freeing him to oversee.

Jerry said if Jimmy Robinson is not wr coach next year, its not because of performance but because of career direction.

Jerry’s money quote: “I’m being influenced by Jason’s judgment not as to what he’s not going to be doing, but what he is going to be doing.”

Jerry says Garrett doesn't have to be sold on play-calling change. “The insistence that he called the plays as well as be head coach is me."

CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Quote:
Brandon George ‏@dmn_george
Jerry said it was always at his "insistence" that Jason Garrett continue to call plays after becoming HC.

Quote:
Jerry said he hired Garrett to call the plays. But believes staff that will be in place is capable of freeing him to oversee.

Jerry said if Jimmy Robinson is not wr coach next year, its not because of performance but because of career direction.

Jerry’s money quote: “I’m being influenced by Jason’s judgment not as to what he’s not going to be doing, but what he is going to be doing.”

Jerry says Garrett doesn't have to be sold on play-calling change. “The insistence that he called the plays as well as be head coach is me."

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
Page 50 of 68

Jump to: